HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I went there once.....nothing I could see wrong with it, 40 mins is not long enough to judge......you could take a rod and see if you can catch a dab from the beach......hope the weather is kind to you. ;)

Is 40mins a standard time to spend in Rhyl then? I must have got that wrong.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I went there once.....nothing I could see wrong with it, 40 mins is not long enough to judge......you could take a rod and see if you can catch a dab from the beach......hope the weather is kind to you. ;)

Seriously, are you sure it wasn't somewhere that sounded the same?

It's an utter shithole a 2 minute drive through would lead you to that (correct) assessment.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

The Sealife Centre in Rhyl is worth a visit - and 40 minutes will give enough time to see best bits. The car boot sale (Sundays?) is supposed to be good too, but sellers be warned - apparently the buyers are tough negotiators.

Rhyl has gone downhill considerably since the 30 years ago when I went as a kid, never mind 40 years. It's obviously no longer a tourist destination judging by the facilities on offer. Don't know if it's true, but I think it's widely believed to be a bit of a dumping ground for problem [English] families. From my brief visit last summer, I saw no evidence to dispute that claim. There were ten year olds chain smoking fags outside the local gambling shop, for example.

If you have any choice in the matter stop at Llandudno or Conwy rather than Rhyl.

HOLA4424

The Sealife Centre in Rhyl is worth a visit - and 40 minutes will give enough time to see best bits. The car boot sale (Sundays?) is supposed to be good too, but sellers be warned - apparently the buyers are tough negotiators.

Rhyl has gone downhill considerably since the 30 years ago when I went as a kid, never mind 40 years. It's obviously no longer a tourist destination judging by the facilities on offer. Don't know if it's true, but I think it's widely believed to be a bit of a dumping ground for problem [English] families. From my brief visit last summer, I saw no evidence to dispute that claim. There were ten year olds chain smoking fags outside the local gambling shop, for example.

If you have any choice in the matter stop at Llandudno or Conwy rather than Rhyl.

Makes me want to go back there to see for myself. ;)

HOLA4425

I was last in Rhyl 30 years ago. It was **** then.

Agree about Llandudno BTW. Faded elegance.

Archived