House Price Crash Forum
thecrashingisles

Live In £550,000 Luxury In Luton

B-HlgMWCAAEBrF5.jpg

I'm going to bid 10% more because I want to live in £605,000 luxury.

the world really has gone mad.!!!!

luton and luxury is such an oxymoron.

a short 100 yard walk away from there(it's castle street by the look of it- the bit where the old bus garage used to be), you will find the delights of the town centre plaza, populated by lots of drunk polish blokes and romanian beggars.

along with a fantastic selection of shops, as long as you like junk food,betting shops and poundstretcher(the rest are boarded up/empty)

£55,000 would be realistic .(however I'm convinced it's not a typo and they are pushing their luck!)

Edited by oracle

The people that they are aiming their sales pitch at don't know the area....to them it is Luton a London airport......the mantra is you can't lose buying London property.

I can't read the article from the photo but the newspaper has both a price and a footer with a what looks like an estate agent advert. On the face of it appears to be heavily influenced by advertising concerns.

Edited by Ash4781

From what the advertisement says about location and being 'one of the most cosmopolitan areas' I would guess these flats are being aimed at foreign investors who they hope will not bother to do their own research.

From what the advertisement says about location and being 'one of the most cosmopolitan areas' I would guess these flats are being aimed at foreign investors who they hope will not bother to do their own research.

for "cosmopolitan" read council speak for celebration of diversity.

Quite.Luton has some major social upheaval coming.

I remember during the 2007 bubble,a US friend sending me a link to some building plots he and his mates were thinking of buying.I pointed out that they were right beside the M25 and his response was,

'What's the M25?'

To be fair,given the last few years they might have worked out eventually.

Quite.Luton has some major social upheaval coming.

I remember during the 2007 bubble,a US friend sending me a link to some building plots he and his mates were thinking of buying.I pointed out that they were right beside the M25 and his response was,

'What's the M25?'

To be fair,given the last few years they might have worked out eventually.

I don't think there will be social upheaval. I think white flight has already happened. Would you spend half a million to live here:

http://youtu.be/psZBaJU_Cvo

ps - how do I embed a youtube clip rather than link to youtube?

Edited by Bear Monger

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2959887/Luxury-block-500-000-flats-advertised-one-cosmopolitan-areas-London-LUTON.html

Clearly an attempt to hoodwink some over sea's investors.It's a horrible area in the town centre your at least a 15 min walk to the station and have the view of a duel carriageway and Staples for 500k...No one in their right mind would pay that.

Clearly a concerted effort to find a foreign sucker to spend huge amounts of cash on the London property dream, I mean it's Luton ffs, everyone knows that 500k for a Luton flat is insane and totally peak bubble territory beyond anything Ive ever seen. Still no doubt Chinese investors are queuing around the block to buy them from tanned, shiny suited toads driving crap coloured mini's.

This is the beginning of the end. :D

LOL!

Bedfordshire is the murder capital of Britain

Bedfordshire, the region that includes cities of Luton and Bedford had the highest homicide rate in England and Wales last year. 12 people were killed there last year.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/ampp3d/bedfordshire-murder-capital-britain-see-5190085

Edited by Eddie_George

I don't think there will be social upheaval. I think white flight has already happened. Would you spend half a million to live here:

http://youtu.be/psZBaJU_Cvo

ps - how do I embed a youtube clip rather than link to youtube?

I think those who could afford to go have gone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2959887/Luxury-block-500-000-flats-advertised-one-cosmopolitan-areas-London-LUTON.html

Clearly an attempt to hoodwink some over sea's investors.It's a horrible area in the town centre your at least a 15 min walk to the station and have the view of a duel carriageway and Staples for 500k...No one in their right mind would pay that.

I thought you were paid 500K to live there...

Bedfordshire is the murder capital of Britain

Bedfordshire, the region that includes cities of Luton and Bedford had the highest homicide rate in England and Wales last year. 12 people were killed there last year.

http://www.mirror.co...ain-see-5190085

Straight Outta Crap Town

Luton voted Britain's worst town

Parent Adisory

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship