House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Credit Crunch 2 Says Telepgraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11398175/The-global-financial-system-stands-on-the-brink-of-second-credit-crisis.html

"

The global financial system stands on the brink of second credit crisis"

"The second global credit crisis is now already unfolding in China some 6,800 miles away from the epicentre of the first in the US."

"The bonds of Chinese real estate companies are now falling like dominoes"

Oh right you are, 6 months behind the rest of us.

Wont be seeing many chinese london mega bubble buyers now will we. Still London is different, so that wont be a problem, will it. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

"It seems nothing has been learned"

Too bloody right.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Carney genuinely frightens me with his delusions. Rate cut and more QE on the way. Sadly people just don't understand.

Most long term posters on here agree the Q.E. and crazy schemes have only kicked the can down the road. A correction is inevitable.

Still the same crash.

It's like the economy is in a drugged out state. The problems are there, but the thing hasn't sobered up yet. More drugs on the way....

It's like the economy is in a drugged out state. The problems are there, but the thing hasn't sobered up yet. More drugs on the way....

Zombie economy, zombie government, zombie companies, Zomby banks.

We actually need a crash now.

Good comments.

I think sensible comments like those are the reason sky news dont seem to allow comments on banking articles.

It just makes me wonder what people are trying to say....

Very bearish. So when does it all collapse, I ask myself. I never know when to buy another sovereign, or plant some potatoes.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/203080-2015-which-month-will-the-collapse-come/page-4?hl=%2Bpoll+%2Bnow+%2Bclosed#entry1102664377

I voted for july :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Zombie economy, zombie government, zombie companies, Zomby banks.

We actually need a crash now.

We needed a crash back in 2008 as part of the regular cycle of capitalism but that wasn't allowed to happen, courtesy of bailouts, ZIRP and money printing. It's pretty clear that these tactics will be used again to keep the shambolic mess going as any future crash will now be even worse than that which would have happened back then.

The crash will only come when the system itself caves in and that won't be pretty, or fun for any of us.

I keep seeing articles in the FT about Hanergy Solar owned by China's richest man.

First article stated that virtually all its sales are to its parent.

Second article say he's been borrowing billions from shadow lenders at high rates to fund growth.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/e19263c0-b69d-11e4-a5f2-00144feab7de.html#slide0

Hanergy’s Li taps shadow lenders to fund group’s startling growth

Possibly worth a short. DYOR.

Chart courtesy of igindex.

24fit8l.jpg

I'm not surprised that things like this go on in China, but the fact that he's supposedly THE richest man in China and the whole thing is such a completely obvious fraud is just a bit worrying.

And, as for trying to short the stock, how much do want to bet that the authorities will decide to ban shorting just as your trade starts to pay off?

Carney genuinely frightens me with his delusions. Rate cut and more QE on the way. Sadly people just don't understand.

Carney and his blather and his printing press and rate cuts are becoming more and more ineffectual, he might as well just fart into the coming storm :lol:

Carney and his blather and his printing press and rate cuts are becoming more and more ineffectual, he might as well just fart into the coming storm :lol:

He should expect a visit from the queen soon.

She'll soon let him know who's in charge of the country.

I keep seeing articles in the FT about Hanergy Solar owned by China's richest man.

First article stated that virtually all its sales are to its parent.

Second article say he's been borrowing billions from shadow lenders at high rates to fund growth.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/e19263c0-b69d-11e4-a5f2-00144feab7de.html#slide0

Hanergy’s Li taps shadow lenders to fund group’s startling growth

Possibly worth a short. DYOR.

Chart courtesy of igindex.

After a failed retest maybe. or confirmed downtrend.

I'm not surprised that things like this go on in China, but the fact that he's supposedly THE richest man in China and the whole thing is such a completely obvious fraud is just a bit worrying.

And, as for trying to short the stock, how much do want to bet that the authorities will decide to ban shorting just as your trade starts to pay off?

If already short then they wouldn't reverse it.

It's a dollar crisis, just like the 1960/70s, but on an unimaginably greater scale. When the volume of eurodollar deposits and derivatives outside the US is of the same order as US M2 reserves the Federal Reserve (as global lender of last resort) loses the ability to keep world markets liquified and orderly. Worse, derivatives fail unpredictably without that continuous liquidity bath (and sometimes even with it). UK sterling is largely irrelevant and the BoE too small to matter. To restore dollar liquidity I believe the Fed will have to inflate the money supply aggressively, just as it did in the 1970s, and with similar consequences.

inflation.png

Edited by zugzwang

Crash cancelled, everything is fixed. Unemployment down to 5.7% (forward guidance had 7% as the magic number re interest rate rises ... until it was scrapped), more people working than ever before, inflation down at 0.3% and wages rising at 2.1% over the last year.

And the cherry on the cake is that property prices have risen by 10% in the last year and EA made 1 billion in fees in London alone.

I must live in a parallel universe

I enjoyed this quote: "Loans are very easy to make, it is getting the money back that is tricky. "

Indeed

Some of the comments on there and the BBc today are excellent and make a mockery of the official figures.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31515556

We dont need "official" figures, we need "real" figures.

The trouble with one versus the other is that out of touch politicians probably believe the official figures so wont do anything about it.

How are tax revenues doing, that's always a sure sign to whats really going on.....

Is there an election coming ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

One of the comments:

"Look how many people have been sucked into buying a house at today's prices! Only a fool would consider a purchase now, every asset is going to be hit by deflation."

C'mon, own up...