House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Land Reg January - Up 1.3%

Crash, what crash?

Our January #HPI shows a monthly change in England & Wales of 1.3%. Full HPI out at 9.30am on 27 February

Average January #house price in England & Wales £179,492, compared with a peak of £181,101 in November 2007

The average price of property in England and Wales has gone up £11,261 since January 2014 http://ow.ly/J8osO

Our January Price Paid Data will be published here http://ow.ly/J7YNbon 27 February at 11am.

Mental.

Wasn't this already posted a few weeks ago ?

I can see the headlines tomorrow already.

Is Mark Carney going to do something about this BAD inflation ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

No

Must have been up in December then too !!!

What the hell is going on !!!!!!!!!!!

Is there any chat of Mark Carney doing anything about this BAD inflation ?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Yes, it was december I was thinking of

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/202867-land-reg-december-06/?hl=december

up 0.6%, which I thought was the last increase we'd see for a while.

The market has gone buts.

I'd wager the sales volumes are dropping and the prices going up....collapse anyone ?

Must have been up in December then too !!!

December figure +0.6%

The 'Land Reg lag' means this is a rearview mirror picture of how the property market looked three months ago, or roughly thereabouts. This is capturing a London ripple effect which was reaching the regions last Autumn, IMO.

Camden has the largest drop (still 3 months old LR data only):

December 2014 665.65 November 2014 677.31 October 2014 685.37 September 2014 689.24 August 2014 692.65

96% (665.65 / 692.65)

Camden has the largest drop (still 3 months old LR data only):

December 2014 665.65 November 2014 677.31 October 2014 685.37 September 2014 689.24 August 2014 692.65

96% (665.65 / 692.65)

Damik, i've posted on the london thread about the shires.

It looks like they have peaked and are poised to fall. I am amazed at this pre-eleciton 1.3% rise though..

Outside London there has been very little supply and it appears that painfully and reluctantly the overpriced crap is selling.

Appears to be a supply crunch... Nothing a good drop in prices wouldn't sort out. The property hoarders need to lose some faith before they dump their stock on the market.

Damik, i've posted on the london thread about the shires.

It looks like they have peaked and are poised to fall. I am amazed at this pre-eleciton 1.3% rise though..

Minor point, but December's LR figure was originally £177,766. The LR tweet implies that this has been revised down by almost £600. Without the revision the rise would have been 1.0%.

Minor point, but December's LR figure was originally £177,766. The LR tweet implies that this has been revised down by almost £600. Without the revision the rise would have been 1.0%.

Economic figures from any government organisation need to be taken with a pinch of salt in the run-up to the general election.

What was Dec's revised increase from 0.6 to 0.2 ?

Outside London there has been very little supply and it appears that painfully and reluctantly the overpriced crap is selling.

Appears to be a supply crunch... Nothing a good drop in prices wouldn't sort out. The property hoarders need to lose some faith before they dump their stock on the market.

Yes I think you are absolutely right Wurzel. I've been doing some research in my search area, BA3 - not too far from you - and it is definitely suggesting a supply crunch.

The LR transaction levels are at least 4% up in 2014 compared to 2013 (this is only up to October, so it will be higher when I know the numbers), and yet supply measured by RM newly marketed properties is down by 4% in 2014 compared to 2013.

Interestingly, only 60% of these newly market properties actually sold, one can only assume that the rest is overpriced tat, and this is not including the background noise of nearly 300 existing properties that were not newly marketed in those time frames.

But, although 60% seems incredibly low for a market where the main fundamental is allegedly not enough houses, it is critically up from 55% in 2013, and amazingly 53% in 2007!

Since I doubt if the overall quality of the stock has changed much from 2007, I have to conclude that the overpriced tat that wouldn't have sold in 2007, or in 2013, is now in fact selling.

I may start a new thread on this and see if I cajole some other forum members to produce the same data for their areas too.

Yes I think you are absolutely right Wurzel. I've been doing some research in my search area, BA3 - not too far from you - and it is definitely suggesting a supply crunch.

The LR transaction levels are at least 4% up in 2014 compared to 2013 (this is only up to October, so it will be higher when I know the numbers), and yet supply measured by RM newly marketed properties is down by 4% in 2014 compared to 2013.

Interestingly, only 60% of these newly market properties actually sold, one can only assume that the rest is overpriced tat, and this is not including the background noise of nearly 300 existing properties that were not newly marketed in those time frames.

But, although 60% seems incredibly low for a market where the main fundamental is allegedly not enough houses, it is critically up from 55% in 2013, and amazingly 53% in 2007!

Since I doubt if the overall quality of the stock has changed much from 2007, I have to conclude that the overpriced tat that wouldn't have sold in 2007, or in 2013, is now in fact selling.

I may start a new thread on this and see if I cajole some other forum members to produce the same data for their areas too.

I believe what he says is correct too.

There does seem to be a bit of a surge now though.....it's like the drunk people running to the exit when the disco is already on fire.

Looks like the cheap money must be flowing again.

1, The mother-in-law has had her ex-council house on and off the market since 2008 (BA16 postcode) , marketed at about £160k. She has just gone sale agreed this week. I should think this is down to being that all the cheaper stuff has sold and no new supply.

2, Junior I work with ~25k/yr with a baby on the way and housewife has just gone sale agreed on a shite help-to-sell flat £110k. Before christmas he was telling me that he could only get a mortgage for £1,000! Now he has a kid on the way and can borrow an extra £109k.

Looks like the cheap money must be flowing again.

1, The mother-in-law has had her ex-council house on and off the market since 2008 (BA16 postcode) , marketed at about £160k. She has just gone sale agreed this week. I should think this is down to being that all the cheaper stuff has sold and no new supply.

2, Junior I work with ~25k/yr with a baby on the way and housewife has just gone sale agreed on a shite help-to-sell flat £110k. Before christmas he was telling me that he could only get a mortgage for £1,000! Now he has a kid on the way and can borrow an extra £109k.

Have they called the election yet ?

Have they called the election yet ?

Er, yes ever since the fixed term Parliaments act 2011. It's on May 7th and the campaign has effectively started.

Parliament will be dissolved on 30th March.