House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

longgone

Why Work

I'm not going to comment as it will just seem like I'm jealous, lets see if his plan to make £2 Billon by the time he is 50 works out.

''I'm not selling for 59 million, it's worth more than that''

I've heard that before from youthful entrepreneurs who have ended up with nothing. I guess when you win young you have an unrealistic idea of value and think you will always win. Software has a very quick sell by date.

This is a very common trait for successful 'entrepreneurs', particularly in property.

Does it mean they are risk blind? Or is it they can't make their way in the standard fashion and decide to cast out on their own?

Wait till they say they have dyscalculia too :lol:

This is a very common trait for successful 'entrepreneurs', particularly in property.

Does it mean they are risk blind? Or is it they can't make their way in the standard fashion and decide to cast out on their own?

I have a good friend who made a LOT of money, by selling his little company to some "big boys". To his credit, he always blames it on "luck"!

The comments on this article go on to describe him as a fraud with a Mondaeo that has a bodykit.

Those bodykits are expensive.

I actually thought the OP was referencing this article where the guy is making the very valid point that with zero hours contracts that don't give you enough hours you are actually better off on benefits.

Case studies

KAI KNIGHT, aged 20, has been on benefits for nearly three years.

gGejyG.pngKai Knight

During this time, he has found employment but handed in his notice after realising he was better off claiming job seekers allowance (JSA).

Kai, who has two children, said: “I am not very confident in meeting new people or feeling good in groups.

“After plenty of voluntary work I got a job at a Spar but they were never giving me good enough hours to pay for my rent and family.

“I had to leave that job and go back to benefits so I had money.

“It took me a long time doing courses to get some qualifications to make myself more employable, and once I did I managed to land a job at Subway.

“I did nightshifts in the new one in Plymouth, but my partner was having our second child and after six weeks it was almost time for me to need to take some time off for a short time so my partner could recover from her C section.

“When I asked to go back to work as planned I was ignored, as they had got rid of more staff and employed Subway staff from other stores.

“Now that I am back on JSA they are saying I will be having to do community work or my benefits will be stopped. I argued it a little bit but the job centre member of staff belittled what I said and made me feel stupid.

“It feels like I am being bullied into this free full time work. I know I get my benefits and I know what JSA people look like in the eyes of people stereotyping.

“Since the news, three nights I have sat up depressed about what I am going to be doing, because I have no idea what it is and all I know is that it will be full time and for six months.

“I am happy to work for a fair wage but not for JSA. If they can make us work for free why can’t they pay us at that work.”

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/m-better-benefits-says-Plymouth-man-quit-job/story-26044743-detail/story.html