House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Eddie_George

Can Property Pay Your Wages? (Channel 4, 8Pm, Tuesday 17Th Feb)

As if TV (or indeed Channel 4) needed another pwoperdee programme. Dave Fishwick - Mr Shoeshine.

Dave, who bagged a BAFTA for his “Loan Ranger” programme last year, will be seen advising ordinary working people on how to make money from property.
He said: “There is £4 trillion worth of property in this country and normal everyday working people can tap into it.
“Property prices are now starting to rise again, and this programme sees me advising people on how to make money from property.
It will blow people’s minds just how much can be made by ordinary folk. I’m not interested in making rich people richer – I only want to make television that makes a difference to people’s lives.”
In the programme, Dave travels to Poole in Dorset where he advises a hairdresser, printer and pensioner.

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/news/dave-fishwick-s-can-property-pay-your-wages-on-tv-1-7107499

Dave meets Dee Lazzerini and Steve Woodford, who have put their life savings on a place in Poole, and Sam and Elise in Winchester, who are sitting on a potential goldmine

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/can-property-pay-your-wages/episode-guide

Edited by Eddie_George

If it's too good to be true......

It's like 2007 all over again. it really is.

Next year it will..."how could we all be so stupid" and "no one saw it coming".

Yep

Grrr

Double grrr

Hey - why doesn't everyone do it? That would be great, wouldn't it....

All those 'skivers' doing stuff in offices, classrooms and hospitals - give it up, boys and girls, and come and join the real world. No experience required. And to make it all sustainable, how about everybody renting as well as renting out. We could make the whole economy go round...

"Can working for a living pay your bills?" might be a better program.

Hard work for many has little real buying power and no security at all.....lots of work for little reward for a growing number of people......the new mantra is let the hard work of others pay the bills and offer a great lifestyle.....what could possibly go wrong? ;)

Hard work for many has little real buying power and no security at all.....lots of work for little reward for a growing number of people......the new mantra is let the hard work of others pay the bills and offer a great lifestyle.....what could possibly go wrong? ;)

The rest of us will all leave !!!

Leave the parasites to the mess they have made.

Hey - why doesn't everyone do it? That would be great, wouldn't it....

Going by Channel 4's evening programming (Grand Designs, Restoration Man, etc, etc) they already do!

All those 'skivers' doing stuff in offices, classrooms and hospitals - give it up, boys and girls, and come and join the real world. No experience required. And to make it all sustainable, how about everybody renting as well as renting out. We could make the whole economy go round...

Guilty as charged!

2975138_18187_0.jpg

A one-off show. Maybe he'll help them out financially. Doesn't appear as bad as the title of the show suggests. HPI chasers in financial difficulty? He can't save them all, and values move at the margin. Massive debt on teaser rates is still big money to repay, in a deflationary situation.

With UK property prices now at their highest in years, more people are dreaming of carving a living from bricks and mortar. However, without expert advice, mistakes in property development can prove painfully expensive. In this one-off programme, multimillionaire businessman Dave Fishwick lends a hand on projects and finances that are heading for disaster. Dee Lazzerini and her partner Steve Woodford have taken out a mortgage to work on a house in their home patch of Poole, while in Winchester, teacher Elise Farzam and her engineer husband Sam have bought a property that is a potential goldmine - if they can get started on it.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/df9gdg/can-property-pay-your-wages

Who pays for these "gains" that Dave is so excited that "normal folk" can make from their unproductive assets? The burgeoning rentier class and the tax-payer when it all pops (and REALLY pops unlike 2008/09)? What happened, Dave? I thought you were a nice guy.

Who pays for these "gains" that Dave is so excited that "normal folk" can make from their unproductive assets? The burgeoning rentier class and the tax-payer when it all pops (and REALLY pops unlike 2008/09)? What happened, Dave? I thought you were a nice guy.

Dont forget. we are ALL ( well, by all I mean the real tax payers ) on the hook for 20% of the crazy london mega bubble thanks to Osbornes HTB2 scheme.

For me it's just a massive fraud, which for me makes Osborne chief fraudster. History will not judge him well in my opinion.

I'll look forward to the programme where they go back to Dave following the HPC and ask for their life savings back.

Is Dave qualified to offer financial advice?

Making people richer in property, usually means making someone else poorer.

Making money from a pyramid scam usually involves lots of people loosing out.

Happy days if your top of the land owning chain...now who owns all the land in the UK ?

Seems that Burnley's 'Bank on Dave' Fishwick is a man of many parts. A BTL landlord and property flipper who's somehow also a people's champion.

It will be instructive to see how he pulls this off.....

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-2955883/Bank-Dave-stars-new-channel-4-programme-Property-Pay-Wages.html

C4 8pm will reveal all.