House Price Crash Forum

Probable Hpcer Takes The Blue Pill On Location Location Location

Dorkins

HOLA441

Out if the blue, after her sister just bought a semi in Preston for £200k that was 80k in 2001, suddenly experiencing sudden pressure from wifey and mil.

Holy cow.

Grow some, mate. Seriously, though - deepest sympathies. Most blokes just want a quiet life, but know that a house will not make her any happier.

I spent close on a decade listening to the same from my wife. Eventually bought only when I was happy we were getting a good deal. Probably do no harm to do a few viewings if only to convince yourself that there's still plenty of overpriced crap out there though.

HOLA442

Grow some, mate. Seriously, though - deepest sympathies. Most blokes just want a quiet life, but know that a house will not make her any happier.

I spent close on a decade listening to the same from my wife. Eventually bought only when I was happy we were getting a good deal. Probably do no harm to do a few viewings if only to convince yourself that there's still plenty of overpriced crap out there though.

I'll just refuse to cooperate, let we wifey check affordability on mortgage and turnover purchase prices and see what a dump we'd have to live in if we bought. Luckily she won't buy the 5x salary mortgage nonsense and would look at sensible salary multipliers and realise it's stupid. Furthermore, I'd just refuse to sign anything and be clear with her on that.

HOLA443

You could also try to create a negative association for them so that when they think about or talk about house prices and the possibility of you buying, they have to deal with a negative emotion in their minds.

If you stripped off and started enthusiastically masturbating every time they mention it, that might work.

HOLA444

Watched the intro,, just couldnt go any further... a man has limits.

Did the same. Man couldn't be from HPC, One of the first things he said was 'I should have invested in property, instead of shares, years ago!'. Who feels a unbelievable bull run in the FTSE coming on! :P

As far as Kristy is concerned, she thinks that share ownership is a good idea! Got to keep the ponzi going at any cost. I can't wait until they have location (x3) where the buyers are looking at buying 10% of a flat!

HOLA445

You could also try to create a negative association for them so that when they think about or talk about house prices and the possibility of you buying, they have to deal with a negative emotion in their minds.

If you stripped off and started enthusiastically masturbating every time they mention it, that might work.

I tend to do that anyway most of the time so wouldn't really stand out...

HOLA446

The only way I would buy a house due to wife pressure is if she had a magic vagina that could grant wishes.

Women account for 85% of domestic spending, they are a major force in all this and its why the propaganda is aimed at them. I do blame men much of it is there fault, I see men pressured into buying all sorts of crap like a 3 grand couch or a car way beyond what they need. Men to to value everything against pussy futures and think "is this really worth it?

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

"magic vagina that could grant wishes.". I have to say that those are the six most appealing words I've ever read on HPC and I've been lurking here for 12 years. Ah, Ok, yes suppose that's why I've been lurking her for 12 years, fair cop ;-).

HOLA4411

I thought the programme quite bearish in the end.

The best the pseudo-hippy couple could get for more than £300K (inherited, of course) was a crap flat with a crap lease and planning problems. Had to laugh when she started crying at the thought of living in Catford. Catford's not that bad as London goes.

The guy who'd somehow scraped together enough to be able to afford to spend £600K (mortgage and savings over what seemed like a decade or more). They were being shown stuff in Woolwich FFS as the best that could be done family home wise on their budget. In the end, he was going to have to exchange a nice rented house on the Isle of Dogs and ten minute commute, for some indentikit soulless exec home at the end of a long commute for decades of his labour in a high paying job (and hers too) - while never seeing the normal size family they desperately wanted. Given he likely worked in the finance sector as a programmer and was around during the 2008 crash - no wonder he was bearish.

Both seemed to be FTB in their mid/late 30s. Only one had managed to sprog. Neither represent the average FTB in terms of income or inherited wealth. As far as I can tell the message that London is barred to normal people came across loud and clear.

Edited by StainlessSteelCat

HOLA4412

Just finished watching ... end credits said "prices correct as of Jul 14". I wonder whether the off plan place is finished yet!? To be fair to the Ozzie lass crying, her mum was living with cancer... and Phil said "cor we'll all under a lot of pressure... " referring to the fact he was being paid to find a house for someone. yes Phil, it's a hard life you tw*t.

HOLA4413

Massive generalisation, but women tend to be more 'into' property than men are in my experience - just look at the batshit mental stuff espoused on mumsnet - never seen a majority male website where the prevailing views are so heavily weighted.

I think an element of the current uber-Bubble may partially be reflective of the increase in female spending (therefore borrowing) power, and general relationship pants wearing in the past 15 years. They also (invariably) get to keep the house & a slice of his income in the event of a divorce with kids involved - foreverHPI and current divorce laws mean that from a house buying perspective, its heads they win, tails they win. A lot of men I know are more cautious about huge multiples simply because they can see what will happen to them if the relationship implodes. When the inlaws are going off on one, it always seems to be the MIL leading the charge too - certainly is with mine. FIL is a former surveyor and pretty bearish.