House Price Crash Forum
Dorkins

Probable Hpcer Takes The Blue Pill On Location Location Location

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/location-location-location/on-demand/57167-023

Funny episode this week, one of the FTB couples was a British guy who works as a programmer in Canary Wharf married to a Brazilian working in HR. She was desperate to buy a house in SE London, he'd been saving hard for ten years and was convinced HPC was on the cards for 2015 so didn't really want to buy anything. By the end of the episode he'd gone full blue pill, said he'd "stopped reading the negative news about house prices" (translation: stopped reading HPC.co.uk?) and bought an off-plan new build in Kent.

So who went missing from HPC.co.uk in 2014?

Rubbish relationship if she can't respect his opinion

She's worth a length though, far better looking than most English women, Think i may have to outsource for my next bit of crumpet.

She's worth a length though, far better looking than most English women, Think i may have to outsource for my next bit of crumpet.

Ah. The price of love. HR burds do tend to be a cosmetic victory over substance, ime

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/location-location-location/on-demand/57167-023

Funny episode this week, one of the FTB couples was a British guy who works as a programmer in Canary Wharf married to a Brazilian working in HR. She was desperate to buy a house in SE London, he'd been saving hard for ten years and was convinced HPC was on the cards for 2015 so didn't really want to buy anything. By the end of the episode he'd gone full blue pill, said he'd "stopped reading the negative news about house prices" (translation: stopped reading HPC.co.uk?) and bought an off-plan new build in Kent.

So who went missing from HPC.co.uk in 2014?

I watched it.

Sod full blue pill, full retard more like. He went from 'just going through the motions' of viewing properties to keep his other half happy and mentioning a 2015 crash more than once....to buying a house within 3 days of the filming finishing (and off plan!?).

At least it shows how bonkers the market is when they need paid shills to make this dross.

I was thought swissyfit was older than that...

Ha, swissyfit occurred to me too. But doesn't he work in Switzerland?

He went from 'just going through the motions' of viewing properties to keep his other half happy and mentioning a 2015 crash more than once....to buying a house within 3 days of the filming finishing (and off plan!?).

It was a pretty incredible transformation. None so zealous as a convert.

Bear in mind these programmes are all fiction, they would have exchanged contracts before any of the filming started.

He was probably told to say those things by the director, to "make it more interesting"

Can you imagine if they made a realistic version of these property programmes...

Looks at agents website, finds perfect house, but it was actually sold 7 years ago.

Goes to view property, agent doesn't turn up so they drive home having wasted a day

makes offer on property, agent puts phone down and forgets to call them back

Someone should do that for real and put it on YouTube

The crash comes when the last bear turns bull...

I can verify this fact with my own experience. I was myself a House Price bear right through from the mid-90s until 2007, when I conceeded that, perhaps some of the recent mega-tripling in price was justified. Then, within months, there was a mini-crash (specifically, a crash very heavily cushioned by government policy)

I've been a bear again, since 2008, for seven years. And now, looking at the record differential between rental costs (very high) and average monthly mortgage payments (very low), I'm almost turning into a bull again. It's not that I regard house buying as an investment, but that I think 'market fundamentals' (which are not really determined by a 'market') are begining to support high price levels. Therefore another crash must be imminent!

I saw this episode and was going to start a thread on it. I can emphasise with the guy. I've been there. I've STR'd (but now bought) , read the Fred Harrison book (18 year cycle anyone), and yet I'm sitting on a property that is apparently making more than my full time nurse wife each month. Its all bonkers.

I genuinely felt for the guy. I ended up paying 3.5x the amount that the previous owner did in 2001. In the same way that he caved in, I did likewise after spending alot of emotional capital.

In the end albeit with a jumbo mortgage in tow, like the guy on the show, I felt that I lost, defeated by a system that just doesn't tally. #

Thing is, live goes on. We fully intend (wishful thinking perhaps) on selling the house in 8 years time (when the youngest goes to uni) and my wife and I are hoping to buy something smaller and cheaper in the sticks with no mortgage. Guess that's the game in town now. Find the greater fool......

My mother in law is putting pressure on me and tacitly via my wife.

I may as well threaten divorce tbh if that's what it comes down to.

Watched the intro,, just couldnt go any further... a man has limits.

Ha!! Agree totally.

He's a wimp. His Brazillian wife wears the trousers - and rather than stand up to her - he's wimped out.

She'd sink her teeth into him [!?] if he refused to obey her orders - and then run off with a "better catch" [bloke wot earns more...].

Cynical?

Yup - but reality.

Makes me feel lucky with my wife. She used to be a complete HPI devotee, and has done a full 180 degree turn to the extent that she's vetoed a couple of places that I would have bought over the past couple of years.

To those of you struggling with their other halves nesting instincts, stick with it, and FFS don't get yourself a jumbo mortgage just to shut her up. A new wife would be cheaper.

Makes me feel lucky with my wife. She used to be a complete HPI devotee, and has done a full 180 degree turn to the extent that she's vetoed a couple of places that I would have bought over the past couple of years.

To those of you struggling with their other halves nesting instincts, stick with it, and FFS don't get yourself a jumbo mortgage just to shut her up. A new wife would be cheaper.

Out if the blue, after her sister just bought a semi in Preston for £200k that was 80k in 2001, suddenly experiencing sudden pressure from wifey and mil.

Holy cow.

Out if the blue, after her sister just bought a semi in Preston for £200k that was 80k in 2001, suddenly experiencing sudden pressure from wifey and mil.

Holy cow.

I really, genuinely feel for you. That sucks.

I split with mine and part of the reason was due to housing, i reckon its cost me a lot more in lost wages (im a contractor) then buying a house would have.

I split with mine and part of the reason was due to housing, i reckon its cost me a lot more in lost wages (im a contractor) then buying a house would have.

How has splitting with your wife cost you wages?

Can you imagine if they made a realistic version of these property programmes...

Looks at agents website, finds perfect house, but it was actually sold 7 years ago.

Goes to view property, agent doesn't turn up so they drive home having wasted a day

makes offer on property, agent puts phone down and forgets to call them back

Someone should do that for real and put it on YouTube

:lol:

My mother in law is putting pressure on me and tacitly via my wife.

I may as well threaten divorce tbh if that's what it comes down to.

MY in laws did this. They are top of the housing pyramid.

I told them it was none of their business.

The father in law told me last year I was going to miss out....after my thirty minute rant he said "you've obviously looked into this more than I Have".

If you give in an buy a big mortgage just to keep your wife happy, you will end up with no wife, massive debt and paying for it for the rest of your life.