House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steppenpig

Reddit

I often follow links to reddit stuff (eg on the slappers thread today) and it seems to be pretty useful and interesting, but I find the format a bit unfriendly. Do people have regular pages they go to, or are you just supposed to search for whatever interssts you?

Well it works two ways really.

If you sign up, it subscribes you to a number of sub-reddits, basically sub sections related to various and varied interests. There are some main ones which are very active, bunch of busy but more specific ones and then thousands which are tiny in comparison.

What you are supposed to do is subscribe to only those that interest you and then the site is then just made up of those sub sections. However you tend to find that many of the sub-reddits get crowded out by the lager ones.

Personally I just have a number that I check regularly, I just go directly to each one, the more popular ones more often and then some others every couple of days or weekly.

Reddit is full of self-important Sociology students who know the answer to all the worlds problems. I urge all HPCers to start posting on Reddit with the aim of irritating the little s**ts.

I often follow links to reddit stuff (eg on the slappers thread today) and it seems to be pretty useful and interesting, but I find the format a bit unfriendly. Do people have regular pages they go to, or are you just supposed to search for whatever interssts you?

I get around the navigation too complex for old fogeys problem, by simply appending reddit to any google search term.

Reddit is full of self-important Sociology students who know the answer to all the worlds problems. I urge all HPCers to start posting on Reddit with the aim of irritating the little s**ts.

A late one discussing Maslow's hierarchy of needs.. those long winter nights..

;)

I managed to get over ten thousand comment karma simply by arguing with everyone:

Can't remember the exact quote but something along the lines of "if you want to find out the answer to something on the internet, ask the question and then post a wrong answer, somebody will correct you in 5 seconds"

That's pretty much Reddit.

Can't remember the exact quote but something along the lines of "if you want to find out the answer to something on the internet, ask the question and then post a wrong answer, somebody will correct you in 5 seconds"

That's pretty much Reddit.

That's a bit like the Scottish trick of using bagpipes to tell the time during the night.

Within seconds of you starting playing, someone will shout "Who the **** is playing bagpipes at ?:?? in the morning?"

That's a bit like the Scottish trick of using bagpipes to tell the time during the night.

Within seconds of you starting playing, someone will shout "Who the **** is playing bagpipes at ?:?? in the morning?"

< giggles

That one is "on the money" as they say.