House Price Crash Forum

World's New Largest Private Yacht That Is Bigger Than A Cruise Ship And Cost £800M Is Built For One Very Rich Owner

interestrateripoff

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2950206/Buoy-s-big-boat-World-s-largest-yacht-set-stand-222metres-long-cost-800m-commissioned-one-rich-owner.html

Boasting seven decks, two pools, multiple hot tubs and a 275 square metre master suite, a new record-breaking superyacht is set to redefine the limits of luxury boat building.

Costing £788million to build and measuring 222 metres in length, when completed Triple Deuce will be the most expensive and largest superyacht ever constructed.

The luxury boat will surpass the remarkable standards set by Chelsea FC owner Roman Abramovich's 163m Eclipse, and the current record-holding 182 metres-long yacht owned by the President of the United Arab Emirates.

2594296C00000578-0-image-m-13_1423713403

Just staggering, longer than a cruise ship!!!!

Is someone trying to make up for lacking in other areas???

HOLA442
HOLA443

Now that is cool and I do want one!

I am sorry, whereas I can get all uppety at the overpriced shite property over there, there is something beautiful about ships that means I have a blind spot that any money could actually be wasted.

Is that why I am actually building a Yacht Club at this time for no particular business reason??

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Great use of wealth. Totally harmless (no monopoly of essential resources) and the money going round and round. Far better than it being taxed so idiots can misdirects it.

That's so not HPC. Most here would be storing their wealth in beans.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I think this is somewhat similar to my recent 'Peak Madness' thread, about insane prices for oil paintings.

Whilst I accept that yachts, unlike a piece of canvas that will (most of the time) likely be kept locked up and out of sight(?), yachts do at least serve some practical and functional use.

But, similarly, these cases are another example of ludicrous excess. A yacht is, essentially, a private boat (unlike a cruise ship of same or smaller size). Such a yacht, of such size, becomes in effect a floating 200 room country stately home/mansion - with most of the rooms never being inhabited/used.

And, just a like a stately home, the cost of upkeep/maintenance will vastly exceed any net benefit derived from having it in the first place?

HOLA4416

Archived