House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John The Pessimist

Part Ex In The Local Area

The house in question was reduced from £440K. The occupants are too young to be 'empty nesters'. Can only think that affordability is spurring the attempted move.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-31827444.html

Are you seeing similar in your search areas? Is this evidence of affordability problems in the leafy South East?

I agree with Mrs Bear. Looks like it was occupied by senior citizens to me. My septagenarian parents' house is a bit similar decor wise.

Could be the elsusive downsizers ready to....erm - downsize! :)

Considering the price of other houses in that village (£300000 for a det 2 bed!) it looks pretty good value! (LOL, over £400k for a house and I'm calling it good value, somebody shoot me now! :rolleyes:)

For that area (North Essex Coastal), it is relatively good value. Unfortunately that particular village is as unpleasant as it gets around there (I know, Tower Hamlets it ain't).

Passing the house regularly, it does appear occupied, lights on, cars outside etc which makes me discount the inheritance theory.

I note the EA is advertising it as a 4 bed, potentially 5 bed house. With one bathroom. At least part of the reduction would be due to the cost of installing another bathroom / proper en-suite.

Never mind whatever horrors the paint job is hiding - which have perhaps come up in a survey.