House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Go On The Run. Tv Show.

Do you ever wonder what it would be like to go on the run?
Do you have what it takes to head off grid and become a fugitive?

In a bold new series for Channel 4, Shine are looking for men and women of all ages who are prepared to try and evade capture from expert trackers.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/take-part/articles/all/the-search

Do you have what it takes to head off grid and become a fugitive?

In a bold new series for Channel 4, Shine are looking for men and women of all ages who are prepared to try and evade capture from expert trackers.

Could give it a go I suppose ....

Plan:

Berkley-G437-1960-600x1017.jpg

Sounds fun... would be more fun if the fugitives are being chased by a huge chainsaw wielding guy on a motorbike though.

Or a christmas tree!

Probably a rejigged version of Wanted...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanted_%28game_show%29

I do enjoy these types of show.

I vaguely remember "Wanted", and seem to recall it being a bit dull (constantly going back to phone boxes to see if someone's been caught yet).

I think Interceptor was similar, although they seemed to have them cross paths every 10 minutes to keep it interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interceptor_%28TV_series%29

Then there was my favourite, "Lost", where they dropped teams in the middle of nowhere and they had to get back to Trafalgar Square.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_%28game_show%29

I also seem to remember the paintball-themed assault programme,"X-Fire" being out around the same time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Fire_%28game_show%29

Where is all of tv's creativity today?

I'd give it a go. But won't the film crew entourage rather give the game away ?

I'd want to be able to break the law though, which is what you would do if you were really trying to evade detection.

I'd want to be able to break the law though, which is what you would do if you were really trying to evade detection.

Aye get to Devon/ Cornwall nick a boat (poor security on most) across the channel to France sel thel boat of on my travels in Europe

Aye get to Devon/ Cornwall nick a boat (poor security on most) across the channel to France sel thel boat of on my travels in Europe

Nicking a boat and some license plates from a derelict car in a field definitely figured in my plans. There would be a lot of other nicking going on too - well you would have to wouldn't you ?

You don't even have to leave the boat, most boats are the same colour white. But if you were worried and had it 'lined up' (so to speak) you could give it a colour (or change its colour) with a vinyl hull wrap. Then just keep sailing into the sunset leaving the UK and its HPI behind.

If you stay in the UK, just keep hiking round the coast with a small tent. Plenty of food on the shore and free bathing.

Step 1: Kill the film crew following you.

Guess I'd do it - as long as when they corner me somewhere in Northumberland, Gazza agrees to turn up with the kebabs and lager...!

I am Raoul Moat - and I claim my five bullets...

XYY

Woud any of you want to try and survive a zombie apocalypse in a Scottish shopping centre (as a new beeb programme would have you do)?

NO

A shopping center is not my natural habitat and so I would be at a distinct disadvantage from the start.

Ever noticed how fugitives in film end up getting caught catching the mainline train or walking along a main road in broad daylight. Surely a bit of tracking across country at night.

Ever noticed how fugitives in film end up getting caught catching the mainline train or walking along a main road in broad daylight. Surely a bit of tracking across country at night.

You'd be spotted by doggers within the hour.

Did that once on a quad

Police cars coming in both directions, sharp right though a field gate, lights off and over the hill.

Would be very easy if you are allowed to be prepared. £10k in cash, a common as muck car on SORN and some fake plates (that match the colour and make of car). it depends really on whether the resources of a nation state are after you - if they don't have access to CCTV, then they are going to have to fix it, because with anyone who is any good, it will make extremely boring television.