House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eddie_George

Bowen Assad

Referring to him as the president instead of dictator, and to the government instead of regime too. Before long the BBC won't even be calling Syrian TV "State Media" any longer.

Referring to him as the president instead of dictator, and to the government instead of regime too. Before long the BBC won't even be calling Syrian TV "State Media" any longer.

And, in next to no time, dead at the side of a road with a bayonet up his @rse.

So what's this all about then? Realisation that he isn't going anywhere fast, so time to tone down the jingoistic warmongering rhetoric a tad?

Q: Large barrels full of explosives and projectiles which are dropped from helicopters and explode with devastating effect. There's been a lot of testimony about these things.

A: Are you a total tosser Mr Bowen?

So what's this all about then? Realisation that he isn't going anywhere fast, so time to tone down the jingoistic warmongering rhetoric a tad?

Alternatively, stabbing from the front hasn't worked out, so it's stab in the rear time.

In Gaddafi's case that played out quite literally.

He's all over the BBC, has he just become the president of europe or something? The 'PTB' changed their minds, and by Allah they will change yours!

It's so transparent, I nearly didn't notice it. :lol:

Didn't we want this man dead just a few years ago? Now the state mouthpiece has set up an interview with him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-31327153

We aren't at war with Assad (fortunately, our MP's listened to the public for once.)

'News' isn't just interviewing and reporting on people we like. And face to face with a country's ruler, there were limits in how far Bowen could push things unless he wanted the interview terminated early.

Guest Jemmy Button

I'm amazed so many posters in here still watch the BBC news! BBC news is now so stripped of integrity that even the Daily Mash is more believable.

I'm amazed so many posters in here still watch the BBC news! BBC news is now so stripped of integrity that even the Daily Mash is more believable.

It's important to see what propaganda the population are being force fed.

It's important to see what propaganda the population are being force fed.

After a while away from it I was convinced it had been ramped up to new heights, but then realised that it was simply due to having had a break from it, it was immediately obvious how partial and full of spin they are.

'News' isn't just interviewing and reporting on people we like. And face to face with a country's ruler, there were limits in how far Bowen could push things unless he wanted the interview terminated early.

Yep.. I'm surprised he even agreed to the interview.

It is good to actually hear leaders like Assad being interviewed so you know what their real position is instead of hearing everything second hand through media outlets and opinion pieces.

That said, I don't think he interviewed very well (I didn't think Bowen was that great at interviewing him either). Assad sounded like he spent the whole time sand-bagging and Bowen was a bit confrontational.

Guest Jemmy Button

Yep.. I'm surprised he even agreed to the interview.

It is good to actually hear leaders like Assad being interviewed so you know what their real position is instead of hearing everything second hand through media outlets and opinion pieces.

That said, I don't think he interviewed very well (I didn't think Bowen was that great at interviewing him either). Assad sounded like he spent the whole time sand-bagging and Bowen was a bit confrontational.

It was probably a really insightful interview. This would have been before the BBC editing team decided to 'cut this out' and 'exaggerate that bit'. Any good film maker knows how to skew the story. The BBC, as well as most MSM media, are experts at this. If you want to find out what's going on in the world, the BBC would be the last place I'd look to.