House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RichB

Irony....

Avast antivirus just popped up a message on my screen about google pulling 'infected apps' that were aimed at conning users to spend money unnecessarily...

Mr. Pin will be along shortly to say that he was asked to do a bit of spooning by his lady friend - the one with the moustache who calls himself Carlos during the day but who wears dresses up the weekend and calls himself Doris - and, judging by the size of her foo foo, he was unsure whether to get a dessert spoon or a tablespoon.

It's like 10k spoons when all you need is a knife.

I'd consider that to be more annoying than ironic.

Ironic would be more like turning down a knife in favour of 10,000 spoons but then it turns out that a knife was what you actually needed.

Are we talking 10,000 individual spoons or a spoon worth £10,000? I am never sure with spoons.

1 spoon - 10k is the brand name.

I thought, given your love of cooking and booze, you would have gone with: It's a black fly in your Chardonnay.

I obviously didn't think my reply through throughly enough :(

I'd consider that to be more annoying than ironic.

Ironic would be more like turning down a knife in favour of 10,000 spoons but then it turns out that a knife was what you actually needed.

I think I read something once that not one thing in the song is actually ironic - maybe that's ironic in itself :blink:

Mr. Pin will be along shortly to say that he was asked to do a bit of spooning by his lady friend - the one with the moustache who calls himself Carlos during the day but who wears dresses up the weekend and calls himself Doris - and, judging by the size of her foo foo, he was unsure whether to get a dessert spoon or a tablespoon.

Quite fetching really ...

orig.jpg

I think I read something once that not one thing in the song is actually ironic - maybe that's ironic in itself :blink:

She's quoted on wiki as saying:

For me the sweetest moment came in New York when a woman came up to me in a record store and said, ‘So all those things in ‘Ironic’ aren’t ironic.’ And then she said, ‘And that’s the irony.” I said, ‘Yup.’

Which smacks of having an excuse offered up to you on a plate