House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
grasshopper

Why A Labour Win Is A Disaster For Homeowners, Landlords And Tenants.

Ha ha.

I don't think the Telegraph even understands its own readers any more.

There are so few people who think the way the owners do. It seems to be written purely by the off spring of 1% ers.

In the last few days they've had articles that say:

a) The rich are rich because they are better than you and value education more

B) a few smug 30 somethings who don't have high paying jobs but inherited (or were gifted) vast sums of money and used it to buy property

c) articles by Tory peers saying Labour will be a disaster without disclosing that they are Tory peers

When even the Torygraph subscribers are fed up with the constant barrage of unadulterated campaigning it must be too much

Edited by Timak

one of the things that get me is that they say the rich coming here is a good thing for us.

However I think if I could deport everybody that was richer than me and import the same number of people that were poorer than me. Making me the richest person in Britain I would be better off.

one of the things that get me is that they say the rich coming here is a good thing for us.

However I think if I could deport everybody that was richer than me and import the same number of people that were poorer than me. Making me the richest person in Britain I would be better off.

Given that I don't think you are in the 1% or close at the moment, I would support you in this as it would benefit everyone else too by lowering the gap.

Rent control will be about as effective as any other price control.

That said the current situation is an absolute travesty. It's just fairly typical of the absolutely dismal quality of governance that the UK has had for decades - wherever there is a problem, the government will hurriedly make it worse.

Two thirds of UK landlords will leave the private rented sector if Labour wins the general election in May and a rent controls policy is introduced, limiting the number of affordable rental properties, according to new research from the Residential Landlords' Association (RLA).

Hahaha! I wish they would. I would vote Labour for sure if this was legally binding.

Two thirds of UK landlords will leave the private rented sector if Labour wins the general election in May and a rent controls policy is introduced, limiting the number of affordable rental properties, according to new research from the Residential Landlords' Association (RLA).

Every election when it looks like Labour might be in with a chance the most hated people in the country come out and say they'll leave the country. It used to be Phil Collins, now it's landlords.