House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

corevalue

Nine-Year-Old Lord Of The Rings Fan Suspended For Pretending To Have The One Ring

According to the Daily News, Aiden has been suspended twice before: once for referring to a classmate as "black", and once for bringing his favourite book to school, a children's encyclopedia called The Big Book of Knowledge.

Clamping down on future thought-crims perhaps?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/nine-year-old-lord-of-the-rings-fan-suspended-for-pretending-to-have-the-one-ring/ar-AA8UTZK?ocid=TSHDHP

Unless there's more to this, he sounds just like me at that age. Teach was often seriously impressed that I'd bring in a book about the topic they'd been teaching us about the previous day. Few of the other kids could barely remember what the topic had been - let alone show any enthusiasm for it.

Poor kid.

Unless there's more to this, he sounds just like me at that age. Teach was often seriously impressed that I'd bring in a book about the topic they'd been teaching us about the previous day. Few of the other kids could barely remember what the topic had been - let alone show any enthusiasm for it.

Poor kid.

Keen it Elementary School also disapproves of reproduction. Fundamentalist Christians? Much dafter than the Muslim equivalent.

"He went on to explain that, after the teacher discovered that the children’s encyclopedia contained a section on pregnancy, including an illustration of a pregnant woman, bringing it in was deemed a suspension-worthy offence."

Insane.

"He went on to explain that, after the teacher discovered that the children’s encyclopedia contained a section on pregnancy, including an illustration of a pregnant woman, bringing it in was deemed a suspension-worthy offence."

Insane.

The big belly of knowledge? Forbidden fruit: don't want to encourage him getting fat! Hmmm, is "Aiden" any more than a gaelic spelling of "Adam"?

Nine years for innocence, long since gone by.

When I was that age I once took a claw hammer in on the last day of term, because we were 'breaking up' for the holidays. I think the teachers found it quite amusing.

Kids with a bit of imagination should be rewarded, not chastised!

I'm sure I heard Labour Party intending to introduce sex education for 5 year olds* after the election. Aiden is ahead of his time.

*Yet more insanity from the party that brought us Rottenham.

I presume most HPCers have seen these - they eruditely critique the closed minds of many in education

(edit - it seems I can only get two videos to load, the third remains as a link)

I'm sure I heard Labour Party intending to introduce sex education for 5 year olds* after the election. Aiden is ahead of his time.

Sex education is no use to a 5 year old! Unless you live in Rotherham! :blink:

Not at all I suspect, it's a Texan school...

Mind you the Telegraph sourced article has probably had its desired effect.

No you might have heard propaganda from the Daily Vote for Dave I suspect, that twisted something to do with homophobic bullying into sex lessons for 5 year old http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02/04/daily-mail-labour-sex-education_n_6611652.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Election time makes me wonder if all those Americans who go and live "off grid" have got the right idea...

No you might have heard propaganda from the Daily Vote for Dave I suspect, that twisted something to do with homophobic bullying into sex lessons for 5 year old http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02/04/daily-mail-labour-sex-education_n_6611652.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Seems to Google as an idea from some time ago. Of course, little children do ask questions about boys and girls, and where babies come from, it is up to parents to deal with it. Their questions have nothing to do with sex.

schoolmate of mine's dad was a gunsmith and he was always bringing replica firearms to school. I remember getting a loan from him of a Walther P38 + a magazine full of realistic dummy bullets which I brought home in my school satchel.

Not sure how that would go down nowadays.

In the 1960's at my junior school a classmate brought in a defused WWII incendiary bomb in what I suppose we would now call a 'show and tell' lesson.

It went on display on a classroom table alongside bird's nests, stuffed lizards and other assorted really interesting stuff.

In the 1960's at my junior school a classmate brought in a defused WWII incendiary bomb in what I suppose we would now call a 'show and tell' lesson.

It went on display on a classroom table alongside bird's nests, stuffed lizards and other assorted really interesting stuff.

We used to kill loads of interstesting "wildlife" for the "nature table"!