House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Isis / Is Burns Jordanian Pilot Alive

Jordanian pilot 'burned alive' by IS

Jordan confirms the death of pilot Moaz al-Kasasbeh after a video published online by Islamic State (IS) claims to show him being burned alive.

Killed for 'being gay': ISIS savages blindfolded man and threw him off tower block - then stoned him to death when he SURVIVED the fall

New images have emerged appearing to show ISIS militants blindfolding a man before hurling him off a tower block as punishment for 'being gay' in the Syrian town of Tal Abyad.

What next? Does murder of people like this win hearts and minds?

Yes - terrified ones. There but for the grace of Allah...

These guys don't seem to have much Prophet or Allah in them! :mellow:

These guys don't seem to have much Prophet or Allah in them! :mellow:

If you do some reading you will find that he was a medieval warlord who went on countless brutal campaigns starting war and murdering.

I think we all know what the reaction would be in the Muslim world (and of those living in the west) would be if this was US troops burning a Muslim alive and uploading the video on to the internet.

The Jordanians will naturally react angrily to this. However, it'll be interesting to see how the rest of the Muslim world reacts to this (I would be surprised if some idiots start saying it was actually Israel that did this).

I seriously do think the West has become a global wimp engulfed in political correctness, and as a result we fail to take the necessary actions to ensure areas of the world like this remain stable.

If we had the will to stop Isis we could. But we won't, we will allow it to simmer and simmer and boil over until it really starts to threaten large numbers of people and important people at home. We'll sit back over a few smaller scale attrocities in the UK, France and US, but at some point a spectacular will occur and may be by that point we might get some backbone, but by then tens of thousands will have been brutally slaughtered in ISIL and beyond.

We'd need huge numbers of troops on the ground to do it in the right way, otherwise it is rolling thunder style air strikes or tactical nukes, but we can beat them - the question is whether we want to just wipe them out now or play some longer game that end in us wiping them out or end in the them wiping us out through our omissions.

From when he was first dragged out of the sea I knew this guy was in for special treatment and some horrific ending. They didn't disappoint. Worst thing is if you look at his expression as he was dragged out of sea this fact was clear to him - he actually took the end very bravely.

I seriously do think the West has become a global wimp engulfed in political correctness, and as a result we fail to take the necessary actions to ensure areas of the world like this remain stable.

If we had the will to stop Isis we could. But we won't, we will allow it to simmer and simmer and boil over until it really starts to threaten large numbers of people and important people at home. We'll sit back over a few smaller scale attrocities in the UK, France and US, but at some point a spectacular will occur and may be by that point we might get some backbone, but by then tens of thousands will have been brutally slaughtered in ISIL and beyond.

We'd need huge numbers of troops on the ground to do it in the right way, otherwise it is rolling thunder style air strikes or tactical nukes, but we can beat them - the question is whether we want to just wipe them out now or play some longer game that end in us wiping them out or end in the them wiping us out through our omissions.

Sadly, that'll only turn more of the Muslim world against us, as did our interventions in Iraq and Afghanistan. What's wrong with the Muslim world cleaning up its own mess for a change? Who elected us to be the world's police?

They would flee into Turkey and back to Europe or into Saudi and back to Europe.

What is going on now is the slow but gradual elimination of their ability to operate and fight. Those drones are working around the clock.

If you do some reading you will find that he was a medieval warlord who went on countless brutal campaigns starting war and murdering.

But, but, Cameron says its a religion of Peace. and Cameron would never lie...

Should we watch the video.

I can think of many mental health reasons why one should not.

I remember, as a child, first seeing the images from the concentration camps in Poland and Germany. They were/are horrific but, in some way, by seeing what those concentration camp prisoners went through it kind of empowered their testament.

Should we look at the video as a mark of respect for Moaz al-Kasasbe?

Fair comment.

For some balance http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f74_1422784667

Some pilot just dumped some expensive junk on that Humvee.

Interesting in that footage seeing that mass crowd of presumably ISIS fighters in the field running away as fast as they could. Wonder how many that Maverick/Hellfire/Brimstone/Paveway/JDAM/whatever took out.

Should we watch the video.

I can think of many mental health reasons why one should not.

I remember, as a child, first seeing the images from the concentration camps in Poland and Germany. They were/are horrific but, in some way, by seeing what those concentration camp prisoners went through it kind of empowered their testament.

Should we look at the video as a mark of respect for Moaz al-Kasasbe?

It's horrific and I certainly won't forget it anytime soon. I viewed the video because I feel I need to be informed. Very bad karma for those involved.

Killing prisoners has long been the custom...everywhere.

Revenge is a huge motivator.

What is new is the way the Mass media love to give them the airtime to use this to advantage.

How is it ISIS can get accounts on the Social meja yet type in a name they dont like and you are banned in minutes.

I think we all know what the reaction would be in the Muslim world (and of those living in the west) would be if this was US troops burning a Muslim alive and uploading the video on to the internet.

The Jordanians will naturally react angrily to this. However, it'll be interesting to see how the rest of the Muslim world reacts to this (I would be surprised if some idiots start saying it was actually Israel that did this).

Sky News:

Emma El Badawy, a Middle East expert from the University of Exeter, told Sky News: "Burning someone alive is absolutely barbaric and it is expressly forbidden in Islam.

No idea what religious dross 'Emma' adheres too, sure one of the diggers on here could find out, seems 'we' are already apologising for 'them' though.

Re watching the video, haven't seen it myself and aren't entirely sure I'll bother. I have watched a beheading one once, but won't again. I do think that everyone should see just how brutal these executions are though, at least once, and that the media blackout of them is pure cowardice.

Ugg no we don't. The Syrian government could do the job.

Guest Jemmy Button

Yawn. I ain't interested in this nonsense anymore. The video is probably fake. CIA inspired - a bit like the Osama Bin Laden ones.

Yawn. I ain't interested in this nonsense anymore. The video is probably fake. CIA inspired - a bit like the Osama Bin Laden ones.

You forgot to include Mossad and MI6.

Keep drinking the Coolaid buddy but one day these nutters might be coming for you.

If I'd been living in northern Iraq for the last 20 years, living in fear of invisible death from above, watching family, friends and acquaintances die horrible deaths from the bombs, seeing children maimed by the bombs trying to make their way in a devastated world; when we got hold of a bomber pilot, I imagine I'd be happy to see them burnt alive. No religious fervour required.