House Price Crash Forum

God Mod Stickers Invalidate Car Insurance

HOLA441

Many folks do not realise its "any" Mod that can invalidate insurance, not just performance enhancing , Best tell your insurance co just in case.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-31064998

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/vicars-car-insurance-company-threatens-to-void-policy-over-jesus-christ-stickers-10016630.html

_80686873_christcar2.jpg

An insurance company has denied claims it threatened to void a vicar's policy because she put religious stickers on her car.

Rev Wena Parry’s stickers, which read “Christ must be Saviour” and “Christ for me,” apparently counted as a modification to the vehicle, like enhancing an engine or adding a spoiler.

The minister from Neath Port Talbot in South Wales believes that she was discriminated against by her insurance company, Age UK, because of her beliefs.

“There might be somebody within that company that hates Christianity,” she told a BBC Wales programme.

Age UK denied that religion was a factor in the decision. A spokeswoman for the organisation told The Independent: “The situation regarding Rev Parry’s claim was in no way related to the Christian nature of her graphics.

"Our insurer concluded that our request to declare all modifications was not made clear enough to Rev Parry and therefore she did not know which vehicle enhancements should have been declared.”

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

_80686873_christcar2.jpg

The company first objected to the stickers when she tried to claim on her policy after a part was stolen from the car and photographs were submitted as part of the claim.

She was given 10 days to explain why she had not told them about the stickers, and an additional cigarette lighter point in the boot, when she took the policy out.

She was warned: "The policy may be declared void".

Age UK told her in a letter: "These modifications do not fit our acceptance criteria for motor insurance and cover would have been declined if we had been made aware of these at the time of purchasing your policy.

Sound's like a usual insurers tactic of weedling out of having to pay a claim.

Not sure what the cig lighter (better described as an auxiliary power point) in the boot has to do with anything? Most modern cars come with those now.....

Still the heads up is welcome... Points to note in future remove stickers before submitting photo's in the case of a claim...

HOLA446

_80686873_christcar2.jpg

Sound's like a usual insurers tactic of weedling out of having to pay a claim.

Not sure what the cig lighter (better described as an auxiliary power point) in the boot has to do with anything? Most modern cars come with those now.....

Still the heads up is welcome... Points to note in future remove stickers before submitting photo's in the case of a claim...

Likely to be an after market modification and not part of the original equipment, therefore would in theory present a fire risk.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

and from Scotland:

Burd on Board, driver distraction likely.

Never understood baby on board...a careful driver would be on the lookout to avoid any car.

Mixture of bragging and "Oh my God, no-one has ever had a precious child like ours before. It shall be kept safe from the evils of the world. Rejoice with us in our ability to produce a child just like most of the rest of the planet. " that many first-time parents feel. See also Facebook news feeds clogged with pictures of ugly small offspring we are expected to coo over.

HOLA4412

Mixture of bragging and "Oh my God, no-one has ever had a precious child like ours before. It shall be kept safe from the evils of the world. Rejoice with us in our ability to produce a child just like most of the rest of the planet. " that many first-time parents feel. See also Facebook news feeds clogged with pictures of ugly small offspring we are expected to coo over.

I rather assumed more of a 'Oh shit I haven't slept properly for 3 months, the baby won't stop screaming and periodically starts choking for no apparent reason. The slightly older one is chucking up down the back of my neck, and I will no doubt be driving like an utter prat - so please don't you do it as well'

I prefer to use a P plate, visible from the front as well, seems to send a suitable message, except to the utter knobends that think it means they can intimidate you on the roads...

HOLA4413

I prefer to use a P plate, visible from the front as well, seems to send a suitable message, except to the utter knobends that think it means they can intimidate you on the roads...

I tried "OAP on Board", but it did not make much difference.

Now I just use:

51T6U3r9UDL._SL500_SR100,100_.jpg

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Mixture of bragging and "Oh my God, no-one has ever had a precious child like ours before.

I think of it as more as "I have only had 3 hours sleep in the last 4 days so am going to randomly pull out of a side junction without looking at the traffic"

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Baby on Board

The irony being that having a sticker on your windscreen , usually part blocks the drivers view, or cuts down on the amount of light coming into the car, making it more dangerous to drive. Arguably, all window stickers should be banned , let alone loads of soft toys & tat in the back window

Perhaps my local Rabbi should have told his insurers he sawed 2cm off his exhaust pipe.

:D

Reminds me of an old joke:

Q. Why do Jewish ladies like Jewish penises

A. 10% off

HOLA4418

The irony being that having a sticker on your windscreen , usually part blocks the drivers view, or cuts down on the amount of light coming into the car, making it more dangerous to drive. Arguably, all window stickers should be banned , let alone loads of soft toys & tat in the back window

:D

Reminds me of an old joke:

Q. Why do Jewish ladies like Jewish penises

A. 10% off

Mine's free for the right lady! :blink:

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Seems reasonable to me, I can think of lots of religious or political slogans that would make your car a far greater target for vandalism.

Indeedie.

Perhaps more to the point, consider Boy Racer decorations. This clearly isn't any such thing, but as soon as you make that distinction, you've implicitly got to draw a line and pay lawyers fees over borderline cases.

HOLA4421

Seems reasonable to me, I can think of lots of religious or political slogans that would make your car a far greater target for vandalism.

Try parking this on a Glasgow housing estate and see how long it lasts...

20120715-194812.jpg

It'd last a damn sight longer than one with "Allahu Akbar" written on the side of it.... especially at Edinburgh airport!

Archived