House Price Crash Forum
silver surfer

What's Wrong With The Bbc

I worked in central London in the conference industry for 17 years doing tech support.

Cueing vids, demoing hardware, running Q&As, linking powerpoints etc.

I met delegates and speakers from all walks of life.

Without exception, those from the media, including the BBC, who were just down the road from our venue, were the biggest bunch of self absorbed pricks, it has ever been my misfortune to meet.

I along with plenty other techs were frequently referred to as "the little man in the box", when a vid needed cueing.

A vid that minutes before, hadn't even arrived on the USB stick with the presentation and had to be mailed over and glued in to the show with seconds to spare. Reputation spared only to get up there and start denegrating the very people who had helped them.

I still often tut to myself at the sheer cuntery of some of them.

Another time that still lives fresh was working on a Pester Power conference where gaggles of bang average marketing ghouls were gathered to discuss the best way to flog sugar to kids.

On the other hand, medical conferences, and the people associated, were in the main, a pleasure to work with.

Genital warts and all.

The BBC is one place to find out about news, they are not the only place and they are not totally impartial. They are paid from taxes by the government of the day....collect news from different places and form a balanced view from various sources.... Sometimes some really important happenings are happening around the world and the BBC fail to mention them at all as if it didn't happen....so to find out what is really going on you have to sometimes search out the truth elsewhere.

Edited by winkie

Varoufakis was excellent to my surprise. The BBC like all the elites can't stand anyone who stands up to them and challenges their right to pillage

Out of interest...where does everyone read there news?

I don't read mainstream news these days. I keep on top of sector-specific stuff (which has a geopolitical aspect) for work. But beyond that, I'll only follow up on something someone has told me about or I've read in a forum or topic-specific website. I get the Economist - but don't regard that as mainstream news.

I used to listen to Radio 4 early morning stuff - farming, finance, and then Today - and liked it. But Today (and the news in general) has become just a mouthpiece for whatever pressure group press releases or politician's grandstanding has caught the editors eye that day. It's utter irrelevant guff.

Where do I read the news, I don't, I just make up my own version of what might be going on in the world, twist it to suit my own agenda, then state it as fact to anyone who listens. I'm just cutting out the middleman.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Guest Jemmy Button

hardly surprising, they are owned by the same people.

you can't take everything you see on faux news literally,

nor virgin media

they own them all.

you have to make sure your message is clear and undistorted..so you buy up what you can so they publish what you tell them

..and discredit the rest.

in the case of the ISP's and alternative news you make sure you have a controlling stake in the telecom companies...along with the politicians.

this isn't rocket science..this is war, it's always been done like this.

if you are still happy glued to TOWIE or some garbage like that then you got a big problem.

if you are trying to tell people they are being audiovisually aneasthatised you got a bigger problem, because the guys running the magic trick don't want people being sharp enough to show up their secrets.

Great phrase!

Out of interest...where does everyone read there news?

Please check out the following, I find them to be some of the best alternative media sources. In response to the original post, there is everything wrong with the BBC, most of which has been rightfully identified in previous posts. Most mainstream media globally is owned by four companies - this is a serious indicator that it should not be trusted. Unless of course you're a die hard statist.

Please peruse the following, I'd be interested to hear any feedback, and other worthy sources.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/latest-news-and-top-stories

and the hopefully-by-now well known James Corbett: https://www.corbettreport.com/

For financial info there are many, but one of my favs is SGTreport: http://sgtreport.com/

The sooner people unhook from the lies and deception of the mainstream (mockingbird) media the better our chances of creating a future fit for our children.

All the best,

bB

Key here, he is talking about minimizing the cost over the whole EU. Equating to LEAST gains to be had by the banks / IMF etc al. You can see why they don't want discussions.

Anything that hinted at money and debt as a big con was quickly steered away from, but the cat is out of the bag now, people are waking up, there will be much debt right offs to come IMO.

That Greek Finance Minister was fantastic he wiped the floor with that stupid bint.

The reason the LIBLABCON are dying is because they no longer represent the people whereas on the face of it he does.

you didnt have to get that far...the starting comment by the lady went like this.

1.Greek minister isnt going to bargain with the EU, ECB, IMF only with Individual Governments.

2. EU WARNED him. tension is raised.

3. tension and drumroll as she says the Greek Government only have 4 weeks to find a way to pay.

so here we have a sales pitch, and the tasty prospect of a story that will last 4 weeks. Except, if what the Greek minister actually said was that they wont be negotiating for loans, then there is only one outcome. But that wouldnt make for 4 weeks of juicy news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiIO4YciewU

BBC Newsnight interview of the new Greek Finance minister - the comments that follow indicate the interviewer was a bit rude and crass. And the tone at the beginning was set using old farming footage to set the scene. What is the narrative here?

This guy is the finance minister of a 'far left' party and I, an admittedly somewhat soft libertarian, agree almost entirely with him.

WTF.

Agree with OP.

This morning Varoufakis met with Osborne. 1930s level of significance. BBC didnt even mention it. During live greek elections, their main NEWS channel had full coverage for 5 hrs of a commemoration service at Auschwitz. Not news at all.

Few people surely get their "news" from BBC anymore. Its a thinly veiled state/foreign policy propaganda channel with Strictly tacked on to it. Ditto website.

This guy is the finance minister of a 'far left' party and I, an admittedly somewhat soft libertarian, agree almost entirely with him.

WTF.

Id suggest hes a libertarian Marxist.

I don't read mainstream news these days. I keep on top of sector-specific stuff (which has a geopolitical aspect) for work. But beyond that, I'll only follow up on something someone has told me about or I've read in a forum or topic-specific website. I get the Economist - but don't regard that as mainstream news.

I used to listen to Radio 4 early morning stuff - farming, finance, and then Today - and liked it. But Today (and the news in general) has become just a mouthpiece for whatever pressure group press releases or politician's grandstanding has caught the editors eye that day. It's utter irrelevant guff.

Hey, everyone- why not get an RSS reader like QuiteRSS?

I have it, and my feeds are customisible and the BBC is even one of the feeds! (they are usually late, and often fail to mention things I see elsewhere as important).

You can customise your feeds to your specific interests or sectors.

The code is open source, iirc.

I have it set to refresh every 3 minutes or so.

It can even cope with pulling in twitter feeds every 3m, using a script I found.

(will link later)

EDIT - twitter feeds for rss:

http://www.labnol.org/internet/twitter-rss-feed/28149/

Edited by weaker

Hey, everyone- why not get an RSS reader like QuiteRSS?

I have it, and my feeds are customisible and the BBC is even one of the feeds! (they are usually late, and often fail to mention things I see elsewhere as important).

You can customise your feeds to your specific interests or sectors.

The code is open source, iirc.

I have it set to refresh every 3 minutes or so.

It can even cope with pulling in twitter feeds every 3m, using a script I found.

(will link later)

EDIT - twitter feeds for rss:

http://www.labnol.org/internet/twitter-rss-feed/28149/

Better idea. Ignore the whole lot of them and eventually their industry will die a death and we'll be that little bit free-er and a lot happier, IMHO.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Hey guys, don't forget we've also got this where all the general BBC paranoia can be filed, so we don't get these boring bi-weekly threads:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/200349-the-big-bbc-bias-thread-merged/

Or the other 23,400 threads on the subject

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bbc+bias+housepricecrash&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=bX_PVLWPFOKR7Aa20oHgDg#q=bbc+site:housepricecrash.co.uk