House Price Crash Forum
silver surfer

What's Wrong With The Bbc

Right now the lead story on the BBC web site is this,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-31083890

It's breathlessly heralded with a "Breaking News" banner, no doubt the story is superbly researched and meticulously fact checked, but on what planet does an item about the deportation of a non-life imperilled Australian journalist qualify as a lead story?

I spent most of my working life in the commercial media sector, I knew plenty of people at the BBC and they were always just that bit out of step with everyone else. It's like when Hollywood makes a film about the inner workings of the movie industry and thinks that anyone might actually care less. But at least with a film you can choose to buy a cinema ticket or not, no one gets that choice with the BBC. We're forced to foot the bill for their own weird insider rankings of world significance.

Guest Jemmy Button

What's wrong with the BBC? Basically, you just cannot believe a word it says anymore.

Journalists always treat bad news about other journalists as super important, a bit like the way police treat an assault against the police as being far more serious than an assault against a civilian.

CBC has it on its front page as well:

http://www.cbc.ca/news

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/peter-greste-al-jazeera-journalist-leaves-egypt-for-australia-1.2939520

Personally, I think I'll give them this one. They're journalists and this is story about one of their own kind so it's hardly surprising they think it's more important than most of the general public do.

Its too big, too statist, too self focused, too insular, too disconnected, too patronising, too cliquey.

How many 1000s does jys tthe BBC news dept employ?

Many several.

How much in depth, interesting journalism does it produce? Very little.

How many BBC cameras + news team turn up and the same event -no matter where in the world.

90% of the news output is the following:

Anchor: 'Now ere going over, live, to Timmy Middleclass, who is currently in <whatever sh1tholes blown up>

Anchor: Hello Tim

Tim: Hello. Yes here in <sh1hole> something has happened.

Followed by about 2 minutes of repeating what could have been filed online.

And thats it.

Pointless.

Expensive.

Over Xmas, there was Jan Raven (I think) who was saying when she started at the BBC (80s I think) it was full of ex-RAF type i.e. middleclass officers who'd left the army after the war and moved into the BBC. Basically, they jump from one, hide bound institution toanother.

Then she started going on about how few woman there was etc etc etc.

The irony that the BBC is stuffed full of women now - presenters, news reader. Christ, it looks like one of the women anchors even used to be a man FFS.

She (Jan) was totally blind that the organisation had moved from one insular clique to another insular clique, except she benefits from this one.

What' that dire cr.ppy comedy, based on the BBC - NW1??

It has that Hugh Whatisname in it. The one they put in everything now as they feel sorry for him as the ropey prozzy grassed hm up as the famous actor who liked a d.do shoved up his ar5e.

Oh how the Radio Times goes on about how funny and great it is.

Its not funny or interesting to 99% of the population who do not work for the BBC FFS!

Insular in-jokes. A sign of an bloated organisation.

My favourite bete noire about the Beeb is you get all these programmes going on about jounros being jailed and excluded from this + that. Freedom + liberty and all that.

Each time I want to ring up and ask how many people are locked up for not paying the license fee, for telly they do not watch.

The one thing i hate about going overseas is the usual TV news sources are CNN and BBC world service.

And ive been stuck in a hotel for 4 days and these are the only 2 news channels.

CNN is even worse than the BBC, the news story is the journalists emotional rollercoaster ride whilst looking into the story, its full of shyt extreme lefty liberalism on cocaine.

Christine Lagarde has been on today saying she is doing her job for the good of womankind and CNN are salivating over her every word and ignoring the fact she is all for printing money which destroys the lives of those hard done by women.

Edited by Samboy

Oh how the Radio Times goes on about how funny and great it is.

Its not funny or interesting to 99% of the population who do not work for the BBC FFS!

Insular in-jokes. A sign of an bloated organisation.

When the BBC was moving to Salford a couple of BBC people I'd worked with previously called me up. They knew I was from the Salford area and (nervously) wanted to know what it was really like. My advice was little Tarquin would be fine as long as kept his stab vest on and didn't wander into Moss Side.

CBC has it on its front page as well:

http://www.cbc.ca/news

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/peter-greste-al-jazeera-journalist-leaves-egypt-for-australia-1.2939520

Personally, I think I'll give them this one. They're journalists and this is story about one of their own kind so it's hardly surprising they think it's more important than most of the general public do.

They all work for the same person/people? At the press of a button any story goes global.

Every so often, there is a mistake, and you can see it for what it really is.

For me " the son of a man that worked for Churchill, said that his father, overheard that Churchill wan't UFO stories suppressed"

This "non" story went global in one day.

I watch the news and read newspapers, I don't believe it, but what I want to know is what is it they want me to think? And then think the opposite?

They want me to believe in UFO's, in which case it must be Bull$hit.

"if you don't read the news papers you uniformed, If you read the newspapers you are misinformed"

Guest Jemmy Button

Did anyone know that 'Economic factors may take some spring out of the easter bunny's step this year'?

Edited by Jemmy Button

It's not just the BBC, Sky are at it too.

hardly surprising, they are owned by the same people.

you can't take everything you see on faux news literally,

nor virgin media

they own them all.

you have to make sure your message is clear and undistorted..so you buy up what you can so they publish what you tell them

..and discredit the rest.

in the case of the ISP's and alternative news you make sure you have a controlling stake in the telecom companies...along with the politicians.

this isn't rocket science..this is war, it's always been done like this.

if you are still happy glued to TOWIE or some garbage like that then you got a big problem.

if you are trying to tell people they are being audiovisually aneasthatised you got a bigger problem, because the guys running the magic trick don't want people being sharp enough to show up their secrets.

Edited by oracle

Looks like ,,,i thought they had a tranny branch ,,dreamt up by their diversity branch which was created by the ethnic minority branch ,,,,and so on

The irony that the BBC is stuffed full of women now - presenters, news reader. Christ, it looks like one of the women anchors even used to be a man FFS.
Edited by long time lurking

That Greek Finance Minister was fantastic he wiped the floor with that stupid bint.

The reason the LIBLABCON are dying is because they no longer represent the people whereas on the face of it he does.

Edited by Samboy

As for the internet the establishment are working on it apparently http://rt.com/uk/228227-british-army-psychological-warfare/

Link in the middle of that article - tactical internet joint forces unit to promote land values and house price bubbles to aid funding? :ph34r:

READ MORE: Military must ‘sweat buildings & land’ in asset sell-off – UK defense secretary

"Military must 'sweat buildings and land'"

and a big rush to do it before the general election and a possible eu referendum?

Edited by billybong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiIO4YciewU

BBC Newsnight interview of the new Greek Finance minister - the comments that follow indicate the interviewer was a bit rude and crass. And the tone at the beginning was set using old farming footage to set the scene. What is the narrative here?

Key here, he is talking about minimizing the cost over the whole EU. Equating to LEAST gains to be had by the banks / IMF etc al. You can see why they don't want discussions.