House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Northerner

1St Sunday In February

Prefer my onions to caramalise for onion gravy, nice and slow for at least an hour with just a dab or sugar/honey. Also, dried horseradish yorkies (or mash) should be savoured by all!

My mum always used to make Toad in the Hole, but with lamb chops. Only just remembered and it dawned on me that was rather odd and wondered if anybody else ever did that?

Given it's Yorkshire pudding day I might have to make a Toad in the Hole on Sunday, although with Sausages.

What a fantastic celebration of the misery up North!

I think that Lancashire wil be ignoring this celebration.

Are you saying the North might be two places? Sort of combined, like an up and down spin electron in Physics?

I think that Lancashire wil be ignoring this celebration.

Now you mention it, I am surprised there is not a rival Lancashire version.

My old student landlady in Sheffield used to serve the Yorkshire pud as a first course with gravy, which I found weird at first since she also put sultanas in it. But it grew on me.

She also once served me some cold meat that looked a bit like tongue, but paler. I wasn't mad keen on tongue, but having been brung up to eat what I was given...

'Do you like that, dook?' she asked.

'Yes,' I lied politely. 'What is it?'

'Udder.'

My old student landlady in Sheffield used to serve the Yorkshire pud as a first course with gravy, which I found weird at first since she also put sultanas in it. But it grew on me.

She also once served me some cold meat that looked a bit like tongue, but paler. I wasn't mad keen on tongue, but having been brung up to eat what I was given...

'Udder.'

Did you get a nippley bit? It's a bit amazing what people ate then, and now we only have chicken breast in curry ready meals!

'Udder.'

Pull the other one..

Did you get a nippley bit? It's a bit amazing what people ate then, and now we only have chicken breast in curry ready meals!

There were no nippley bits, probably just as well, since I might have twigged before I'd eaten most of it.

I once came in to find her eating with relish something she called chitlings. (chitterlings?)* Still not sure what bits of which animal they were.

I suppose all that sort of innard-y stuff goes into pet food nowadays.

*Just looked it up. 'The smaller intestines of a pig, cooked for food.'

There were no nippley bits, probably just as well, since I might have twigged before I'd eaten most of it.

I once came in to find her eating with relish something she called chitlings. (chitterlings?)* Still not sure what bits of which animal they were.

I suppose all that sort of innard-y stuff goes into pet food nowadays.

*Just looked it up. 'The smaller intestines of a pig, cooked for food.'

Chitterlings are a delicacy in Wiltshire! Swindon is really "Swine Dean", the valley of the pigs!

Chitterlings are a delicacy in Wiltshire! Swindon is really "Swine Dean", the valley of the pigs!

Have you got a Chitterling Chippy in your neck of Turnip-Land?

In a spirit of daring, for me, I had a warm salad of chicken gizzards in France not long ago, and very nice it was too. Though they did sound slightly more appetising in Frog - gesiers or something.

Have you got a Chitterling Chippy in your neck of Turnip-Land?

In a spirit of daring, for me, I had a warm salad of chicken gizzards in France not long ago, and very nice it was too. Though they did sound slightly more appetising in Frog - gesiers or something.

Were you spying on the Germans?

'Udder.'

Don't ever ask what it is.

I've eaten in some great chinese places and used to be fairly adventurous. One lady asked me if I was sure cos it has .. and then started to list things I wouldn't want to think about eating.. So I just said don't tell me what's in it, I'll guess.

I've eaten in some great chinese places and used to be fairly adventurous. One lady asked me if I was sure cos it has .. and then started to list things I wouldn't want to think about eating.. So I just said don't tell me what's in it, I'll guess.

Not all the human organs the Chinese harvest from executed prisoners are fit for implantation, you know.

Hello Ting Tong! :o