House Price Crash Forum
Andy T

Mumsnet Gold

I don't usually go on mumsnet, only see stuff that's been posted here. I had spare 5 minutes, it didn't take me long to find these..

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/credit_crunch/2293884-Going-to-lose-my-house-Repossession-House-Order-Yikes

Going to lose my house-Repossession House order-Yikes!

I have a mortgaged house and a 100k loan secured on the house.
Both myself and my husband have full time jobs.

We use a debt management company to negotiate our credit card debits of 75k and reduced all our monthly payments.
All accept 1 company of which we have the 100k loan secured on our house.

We have paid off all the principal part of the loan, the remaining amount 50K is their profit. The company say they had no correspondence from our debt advisers (which they did) they also cant produce the original loan agreement etc etc.

Finally over 2 years late we received a repossession order on Christmas eve 2014 great!

We have attended the 1st court hearing where a new date was given as the bank didn’t have all the relevant paperwork.

Meanwhile we have offered a settlement of £33k which has been agreed and we have 28 days to pay. Our problem is how do we raise the cash so we do not lose our home, we still have two younger children who are dependent on us. We will probably sell in 2-3 years as we wont need a large house.

We also have bad credit ratings now.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Soloman no i havent been to moneysavingexpert I will try them thanks

Liz - maybe if could be deferred I dont know. Yes we have 75k in credit card debts. Yes we were totally honest with the DM company. We went into debt as we had a property company and were property owns abroad and when the recession hit we lost everything

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/property/2294398-What-would-be-your-first-offer-on-a-house-costing-1-150-000

What would be your first offer on a house costing £1,150,000?

Stupid thread, with stupider replies, suggesting figures without even discussing type/size of house/location/condition/anything!

Any more gold?

I don't usually go on mumsnet, only see stuff that's been posted here. I had spare 5 minutes, it didn't take me long to find these..

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/credit_crunch/2293884-Going-to-lose-my-house-Repossession-House-Order-Yikes

Going to lose my house-Repossession House order-Yikes!

I have a mortgaged house and a 100k loan secured on the house.

Both myself and my husband have full time jobs.

We use a debt management company to negotiate our credit card debits of 75k and reduced all our monthly payments.

All accept 1 company of which we have the 100k loan secured on our house.

We have paid off all the principal part of the loan, the remaining amount 50K is their profit. The company say they had no correspondence from our debt advisers (which they did) they also cant produce the original loan agreement etc etc.

Finally over 2 years late we received a repossession order on Christmas eve 2014 great!

We have attended the 1st court hearing where a new date was given as the bank didn’t have all the relevant paperwork.

Meanwhile we have offered a settlement of £33k which has been agreed and we have 28 days to pay. Our problem is how do we raise the cash so we do not lose our home, we still have two younger children who are dependent on us. We will probably sell in 2-3 years as we wont need a large house.

We also have bad credit ratings now.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Soloman no i havent been to moneysavingexpert I will try them thanks

Liz - maybe if could be deferred I dont know. Yes we have 75k in credit card debts. Yes we were totally honest with the DM company. We went into debt as we had a property company and were property owns abroad and when the recession hit we lost everything

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/property/2294398-What-would-be-your-first-offer-on-a-house-costing-1-150-000

Stupid thread, with stupider replies, suggesting figures without even discussing type/size of house/location/condition/anything!

Any more gold?

I genuinely dont know where to start with that. Not only does she completely fail to understand her situation even though she has engaged a 'professional' who should be helping her, but the advice being dished out is likely to exacerbate the situation. She needs proper advice. That house looks savable on first read. She claims they have never missed a payment and have 90k of equity.

Something isnt right here.

Someone with a mumsnet account pleas elogin and tell her to ring 'Stepchange' for the love of god

I genuinely dont know where to start with that. Not only does she completely fail to understand her situation even though she has engaged a 'professional' who should be helping her, but the advice being dished out is likely to exacerbate the situation. She needs proper advice. That house looks savable on first read. She claims they have never missed a payment and have 90k of equity.

Something isnt right here.

Someone with a mumsnet account pleas elogin and tell her to ring 'Stepchange' for the love of god

could be a good time to put a cheeky offer in on the house ? :lol:

not sure why you would use a debt management company to soft out credit card debts , either do a balance transfer than pay off like mad or make an offer directly to them ??

Any more gold?

Can't be bothered to post but my advice would be;

Offer £2000000, make sure that you get it. Prices only ever go up, so even if you do overbid with this offer in 20 years time it will seem like you have got a bargain! Just don't take account of any money you spend on repairs while you are there. Don't worry and you will do alright! :)

I think I would be voted the best reply for that post! :P

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/property/2295147-How-much-should-I-spend-on-bathroom-taps

:lol: nearly pissed myself ,

2nd post will be how much paper will i need to use for a number 2 vs a number 1

My fictional reply to this one.....

Yes you should be very concerned about the cost of your taps because every penny you save on them means an extra £10000 you can borrow on a bigger mortgage! Hang on, what am I talking about! The difference between a cr*p tap and a good one is about £10, when people don't give a second thought about spending an extra £100k on a gaff, why the hell should you worry about £20! Funny how when it's cash in your pocket you worry about the pennies and drive half way to Timbuktu if you think you are saving a couple! Buy whatever ones you like. If they break buy another set. In fact find your favourite ones and just buy 5 sets so that you have spares! I rent, so I don't get a choice and frankly, don't give a toss about the taps!

Should put them in their place! :P

Dunno what's funny. ran up massive debts, don't have to pay them off

Who's the mugs, us or them?

could not be bothered to read the whole thread , why do you say the moron gets away without paying

Can't be bothered to post but my advice would be;

Offer £2000000, make sure that you get it. Prices only ever go up, so even if you do overbid with this offer in 20 years time it will seem like you have got a bargain! Just don't take account of any money you spend on repairs while you are there. Don't worry and you will do alright! :)

I think I would be voted the best reply for that post! :P

OFF TO THE WORKHOUSE WITH THEM.

how long would that take at minimum wage????

It's like it's 2007 again !!!

I think them that were saved in 2008/2009 by the governments actions have now ****ed themselves even more,

The haven't fixed the problem, they have made it worse.

it just amazing to think you can get in to debt earning 56k a year. with in 5 years i would have house and nice car all paid for

it just amazing to think you can get in to debt earning 56k a year. with in 5 years i would have house and nice car all paid for

Yep. Something that's put me off the higher earning jobs I could go for is having to put up with smug idiots like this. Wage slaves.

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/property/2295147-How-much-should-I-spend-on-bathroom-taps

:lol: nearly pissed myself ,

2nd post will be how much paper will i need to use for a number 2 vs a number 1

Very funny. Did you revisit the thread again, it got funnier/odder with the comments by their diy messiah, pigletjohn.

Did anyone see what happened with the 'repossession yikes!' Thread? It's been removed. Notice put up about some offers of money behind the scenes being investigated or something?

Very funny. Did you revisit the thread again, it got funnier/odder with the comments by their diy messiah, pigletjohn.

Did anyone see what happened with the 'repossession yikes!' Thread? It's been removed. Notice put up about some offers of money behind the scenes being investigated or something?

it was a bullcrap thread , the woman in question basically said i like my lifestyle so will continue to spend the way she does , and it does not matter now as her hubby just got a 100k job , and both her kids have top london jobs at 18 years old.

fake as fook

some real crap gets discussed on there.

It's quite scary just how many property /BTL rampers there are on there.

Typical thread asks 'I want to buy a house in location X to live in, any good?'

Cue about 40 different replies, 95% of which are, 'no no no, buy a flat in location Z, because you can keep it and rent it out when you buy a bigger house'. 'I own two flats in location Z, its great' etc. etc.

It's quite scary just how many property /BTL rampers there are on there.

Typical thread asks 'I want to buy a house in location X to live in, any good?'

Cue about 40 different replies, 95% of which are, 'no no no, buy a flat in location Z, because you can keep it and rent it out when you buy a bigger house'. 'I own two flats in location Z, its great' etc. etc.

I have a horrid feeling that in the medium to long term today's scummy mummies are going to be worse than the baby boomers. BBs at least have real memories (as a teenager or adult) of things being properly hard in say the 70's. A scummy mummy in her mid-40's will probably have been shielded from earlier economic troubles, would have left uni with no/little student debt, would have got a cheap first home, would have benefited from consumer goods and clothing falling in price, bountiful credit/debt...

An older BB might actually have some empathy for those struggling, one of those harpies won't. In a recent survey by shelter it's the 45-54 years old who opposed the building of new houses in their local area the most.