House Price Crash Forum

Why I'm Glad To Be Gay ...

richc

HOLA441

Having decriminalised male homosexuality, the UK now seems well on its way to criminalising male heterosexuality.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11375667/Men-must-prove-a-woman-said-Yes-under-tough-new-rape-rules.html

How does this make sense in a country where the most popular book amongst female readers is a thousand-page rape fantasy?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

So essentially under new guidance men will be guilty until proven innocent, and since almost nobody can prove consent (I can't prove my wife gave consent last night!) then men will be guilty by default.

They should show this guidance for what it is and make it illegal to have sex without full video evidence of every event. But only for men of course.

Theresa May is probably the single best reason for not voting conservative this year. Mentalists.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Clickbait. The article has nothing to do with the headline.

What the 'new' guidelines actually say is that a woman who is too intoxicated or frightened to say no is incapable of giving consent.

Can you tell me after how many drinks a woman suddenly goes from being able to give consent to where she can't.

The other issue is when it reasonable too frightened? He made me feel really uncomfortable so I just said yes so he'd go away.

This seems vague in the extreme and seems to empower women to be able to make false rape allegations.

Wake up in the morning, O god what have I done, I was drunk clearly you took advantage. This was rape.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Can you tell me after how many drinks a woman suddenly goes from being able to give consent to where she can't.

The other issue is when it reasonable too frightened?

If only we had some kind of place where people could go to present evidence and debate difficult moral and ethical questions about where to draw lines and what constitutes reasonableness in a given situation. Maybe we could call them 'courtrooms'.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

If only we had some kind of place where people could go to present evidence and debate difficult moral and ethical questions about where to draw lines and what constitutes reasonableness in a given situation. Maybe we could call them 'courtrooms'.

To make it more fun the loser of the game could get 10 years in prison. Sort of a high stakes all or nothing based on almost no evidence and the gut feeling of the jury on that day.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

And if the woman is drunk and the man is drunk ?

this is a storm in a teacup.

"We want police and prosecutors to make sure they ask in every case where consent is the issue - how did the suspect know the complainant was saying yes and doing so freely and knowingly?"

Is it unreaonable for a man have consentual sex?

unless, your prosecutor gets a little over zealous, then again consent is still all about circumstance if its one word against the other.

Guidelines dont change this aspect one bit.

What it could do is make more men face trial and answer to a jury.

The article throws up the usual clickbait about how 99% of all rapes go unreported...Rape is a serious matter, and while we do need to try and offer help and protection to some clearly abused people, we mustnt go around arresting the Libsperos of this world when his wife finds a wet patch in the bed in the morning and cant remember how it got there.

Circumstance.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

dont be too glad to be gay. just like gay marriage will lead to more gay divorce rape. so will gay rape come to the mainstream. one or two cases and then they will be talking up the rape culture in gay circles

Gays are pretty high up the progressive stack. They're safe for now.

HOLA4417

Men are responsible for their actions at all times. Women are responsible for their own actions... unless they choose not to be, in which case you are!

Drink is never an excuse.

Fighting on Saturday night, driving your car, turning up for work.

so why complain about it when having sex.

In any case, the victim ( could be gay) can be drunk and give consent...so both getting blotto, foreplay and finally sex with both drunk is a circumstance of consent.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Drink is never an excuse.

Fighting on Saturday night, driving your car, turning up for work.

so why complain about it when having sex.

In any case, the victim ( could be gay) can be drunk and give consent...so both getting blotto, foreplay and finally sex with both drunk is a circumstance of consent.

My understanding is that a woman cannot consent to sex if she is significantly under the influence of drink or drugs. By all means take the risk but what you thought was consent might be retrospectively withdrawn by the morning!

HOLA4421

My understanding is that a woman cannot consent to sex if she is significantly under the influence of drink or drugs. By all means take the risk but what you thought was consent might be retrospectively withdrawn by the morning!

Your understanding is incorrect.

In R v Bree [2007] EWCA 256, the Court of Appeal explored the issue of capacity and consent, stating that, if, through drink, or for any other reason, a complainant had temporarily lost her capacity to choose whether to have sexual intercourse, she was not consenting, and subject to the defendant's state of mind, if intercourse took place, that would be rape. However, where a complainant had voluntarily consumed substantial quantities of alcohol, but nevertheless remained capable of choosing whether to have intercourse, and agreed to do so, that would not be rape. Further, they identified that capacity to consent may evaporate well before a complainant becomes unconscious. Whether this is so or not, however, depends on the facts of the case.

The last sentence says it all...circumstance.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

the law hasnt changed overnight guys. Its the same today as it was yesterday.

The "law" hasn't changed overnight, but it's clear that the definition of rape has changed significantly over the past couple of years in the UK to the point now that young men are being driven to suicide out of fear of prosecution for having had sex with a girl that was drinking. Saying that there hasn't been a change is simply misleading.

Archived