House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
longgone

Danske Bank ?

Danske bank is a Danish bank which ten years ago bought up the old Northern Bank in Northern Ireland. Until 1988 that was part of the old Midland Bank - now HSBC as we know it.

Danske's UK retail operation is therefore solely in Ulster - via their NI based UK arm - and this ISA account is with them.

This ISA looks like it can be operated by phone - but if you like face to face branch dealings then its probably not for you if you live on the mainland! And NI banks can be quite strict on ID issues - so it may not be that easy to open unless you attend a branch in person.

The Clydesdale/Yorkshire banks have a 40 day notice (i.e. almost instant access) cash isa paying 2% on balances over £24k - they might be a better bet if you live in England or Scotland.

Edited by MARTINX9

Never heard of them but it looks pretty good. Better than any other easy access ISA I can find. My cash ISA is fixed at 2.3% until next year but I'll keep an eye on this bank's offers from now on.

seems you cannot open an account unless you go to branch , bit difficult when branches are in N ireland. i asked them if you can open an account via internet or over phone will see what happens.

i have never shoved my money into a fixed rate as of yet as always had in my mind to spend it on a big purchase but it has not materialized yet :rolleyes:

This ISA looks like it can be operated by phone - but if you like face to face branch dealings then its probably not for you if you live on the mainland!

not an issue for me , as i don`t need to touch the money physically and as long as it can be transferred over the net don`t see an issue really.

seems you cannot open an account unless you go to branch , bit difficult when branches are in N ireland. i asked them if you can open an account via internet or over phone will see what happens.

i have never shoved my money into a fixed rate as of yet as always had in my mind to spend it on a big purchase but it has not materialized yet :rolleyes:

Says on the site you can open it by phone - and it seems to be open to UK residents. So no harm in asking.

http://www.danskebank.co.uk/en-gb/Personal/savings/Savings/Products/Pages/isa.aspx

You can open a Danske Cash ISA in one of our branches. Alternatively, if you are age 18 or over, you can apply by telephone on 0800 660033*. Click here for details on how to transfer an existing ISA to a Danske Cash ISA.

We held our deposit in premium bonds returning just shy of 2%, I guess we were fairly lucky. It took just 4 days to withdraw it.

I liked checking to see if we were millionaires every month!

We held our deposit in premium bonds returning just shy of 2%, I guess we were fairly lucky. It took just 4 days to withdraw it.

I liked checking to see if we were millionaires every month!

i could put money there too , what is the chance of winning when holding the maximum amount