House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chronyx

Anyone Else Ill?

I never get colds, but have come down with a belter over the past couple of days. The weirdest part is my eyes are watering like it's mid-summer and I've got hayfever. Other than that a blocked yet watery nose and tickly cough. Feel like a bag of reheated bumholes. :(

I never get colds, but have come down with a belter over the past couple of days. The weirdest part is my eyes are watering like it's mid-summer and I've got hayfever. Other than that a blocked yet watery nose and tickly cough. Feel like a bag of reheated bumholes. :(

Have you visited west Africa in the last month?

Have been taking anti-histamine the last few days as my allergy plays up at this time of year - house dust mite. It is aggravated by wet weather outside with the radiators on inside. This causes blocked sinuses and sneezing, if especially bad then headaches and asthma.

Hope it's not Chronic ...

Have you visited west Africa in the last month?

To the best of my knowledge and belief: No. :D

Have been taking anti-histamine the last few days as my allergy plays up at this time of year - house dust mite. It is aggravated by wet weather outside with the radiators on inside. This causes blocked sinuses and sneezing, if especially bad then headaches and asthma.

Well I didn't know that. I've never had a problem at this time of year before but I might pop a couple of allergy tablets later and see if it helps.

Hope it's not Chronic ...

Some medicinal chronic wouldn't go amiss right now... ;)

Had similar before Christmas. Took about 3 weeks to regain my energy levels. Fingers crossed it's not the same - as it got considerably worse after those initial symptoms. I was in bed for nearly a week. It's not quite flu bad - but several days were close to it.

Had flu bug over xmas/new year. Didn't stop me working but was unpleasant. Hacking cough lingered for a couple of weeks.

Then 4 days ago got another bug. A bit weird. Normally with a cold I get very sore throat first, then sneeze a lot with runny nose, then the mucus gets more sticky until it gradually disappears. The headaches come at the sneezey runny nose stage and by the time I enter the sticky mucus stage its all over and more of a minor inconvience than dibilitating.

This one is the other way round. Started off with a sore throat, but the first couple of days was very sticky and no sneezing at all. Then its progressed to the stage where I am sneezing much more after 4 days and have a runny nose. So completely the opposite way round to normal.

Thanks SSC (Genuinely, I'm one of those people who likes to have some idea of what they might be in for!)

It's the allergy type symptoms that are doing my head in, funnily enough.

Had flu bug over xmas/new year. Didn't stop me working but was unpleasant. Hacking cough lingered for a couple of weeks.

Then 4 days ago got another bug. A bit weird. Normally with a cold I get very sore throat first, then sneeze a lot with runny nose, then the mucus gets more sticky until it gradually disappears. The headaches come at the sneezey runny nose stage and by the time I enter the sticky mucus stage its all over and more of a minor inconvience than dibilitating.

This one is the other way round. Started off with a sore throat, but the first couple of days was very sticky and no sneezing at all. Then its progressed to the stage where I am sneezing much more after 4 days and have a runny nose. So completely the opposite way round to normal.

Might be this - I keep feeling like a I want to sneeze, anyway, and although my nose feels blocked it's just a bit watery. I didn't do enough tissue content analysis over the past two days to give anymore info though. :D Shame on me

Yep, had flu a few weeks ago, proper in bed not able to walk flu it came with free swollen glands and very sore throat. Fast forward a week later and the sore throat came back with a vengeance, a trip to the docs and severe tonsillitis diagnosed. Lasted around 7 days, 5 of which I was unable to eat. Absolutely freaking horrendous.

I lost 12lbs in total over the course of the two bouts of illness.

Yes, I had the rocket powered vomiting bug, for New Year, and another "cold" that won't go very fast!

I basically have had a nasty bout of flu these past 2 weeks or so - spent most of the time in bed either unable to sleep or completely out of it. Only really got up to drink vitamin C drinks which, thankfully, I got in 3 cannisters of tablets prior to the Christmas. Been coughing, spluttering, nose running for Britain and my body has produced vast amounts of mucus.

Made me realise that this will probably kill me when I am older - and made me realise just how much as a single childless person you are vulnerable to having no one there for you. Had to venture out a few times and I could not wait to get back to my bed.

Several of my friends are also suffering with it and, oddly enough, just a few minutes ago I had another friend tell me of how she is suffering with it. There is a rather nasty strain of flu in this part of the world.

I had no idea we were such a sickly bunch!

Misery loves company though so I enjoyed the war stories :ph34r::lol:

made me realise just how much as a single childless person you are vulnerable to having no one there for you. Had to venture out a few times and I could not wait to get back to my bed.

Yes, life is difficult when you're ill and single. The thought of getting older and more illness and being alone scares me. I just hope for the best and mentally prepare for the worst!

I have only had an occasional mild cold for the past few years. But early Dec 2014 I got a really bad cold which went away then about a week later I got another cold which was worse. Still got a cough which is gradually getting better.

Numerous people in my town have been saying that they've been affected more this year by flu, colds and sore throats/tonsilitis. Some said they had flu jabs which didn't help them avoid nasty flus.

Numerous people in my town have been saying that they've been affected more this year by flu, colds and sore throats/tonsilitis. Some said they had flu jabs which didn't help them avoid nasty flus.

I'm one of them

Was just chatting with a nurse friend who says that the jab hasn't really helped people this year.

Was just chatting with a nurse friend who says that the jab hasn't really helped people this year.

Interesting. Does anyone on here have any info on why the flu jab hasn't helped this year?

On the whiskey now and hotboxing the room with a 3kw fan heater

Ah. The Oirish one? Top of the Morning to you! :blink: Sometimes that is the best you need!

Yes, life is difficult when you're ill and single. The thought of getting older and more illness and being alone scares me. I just hope for the best and mentally prepare for the worst!

I have only had an occasional mild cold for the past few years. But early Dec 2014 I got a really bad cold which went away then about a week later I got another cold which was worse. Still got a cough which is gradually getting better.

Almost exactly the same happened to me. Got a cold in late November, lasted about 6 days. Started to get a bit better then it hit me again about a week later. Mentioned this at work to a colleague who said I was the fourth person that day who had mentioned this pattern. Very odd and I don't remember having anything quite like this before.

Almost exactly the same happened to me. Got a cold in late November, lasted about 6 days. Started to get a bit better then it hit me again about a week later. Mentioned this at work to a colleague who said I was the fourth person that day who had mentioned this pattern. Very odd and I don't remember having anything quite like this before.

Yes, almost 57 now and I don't remember ever getting two bad colds in such a short space of time.