House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Best Vacuum Cleaner For Pets

Can anyone suggest a good (but potentially cheap!) vacuum cleaner, that I could use to pick up after our bloody fluffy cats? I don't massively fancy paying 250 quid for one...ideally, the lighter the better...

I believe this has already been answered by a cat in a shark costume and a duck.

They both looked very impressed so I would go with that one.

We have the same problem with our dog. When I look at the amount of hair in the house and in the car, I assume the dog must be bald, but no, it still has a coat. Don't quite know how it manages to grow so much hair (it is a short haired german shepherd).

There is no simple answer. Nothing really works apart from having hard floors. If you have carpets, you need a cleaner with a good beater bar. Sucking doesn't do it.

Can anyone suggest a good (but potentially cheap!) vacuum cleaner, that I could use to pick up after our bloody fluffy cats? I don't massively fancy paying 250 quid for one...ideally, the lighter the better...

GTech AirRam is good, very light, manoeuvrable and cordless....must look after it though, like seeing to the filters, empting it regularly and cleaning the brushes... ;)

GTech AirRam is good, very light, manoeuvrable and cordless....must look after it though, like seeing to the filters, empting it regularly and cleaning the brushes... ;)

I've been looking at them, but the new ones seem to be around 250 quid..

They don't care. I had a dog who loved being vacuumed, the type of machine didn't matter to him, as soon as he heard one start up he'd be there. Moral is, vacuum the pet, not the carpet.

If I tried that, I'd probably get my face scraped off!

Vax Pets Upright Vacuum U86PMP

Got one in a Groupon deal for about £66.

Got a Golden Retreiver and a fluffy mog.

Great device and will do wooden floors with a turn of a knob.

Incredibe what it picks up.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vax-U86-PM-P-Performance-Floor-2-Floor-Bagless/dp/B00HRWM70K

Hmmm..two kilos lighter than my old Henry...

I've been looking at them, but the new ones seem to be around 250 quid..

I think you can pick one up for £150 to £200 still quite expensive I agree....hairless cats another possible option. :)

149123670.jpg

We have the same problem with our dog. When I look at the amount of hair in the house and in the car, I assume the dog must be bald, but no, it still has a coat. Don't quite know how it manages to grow so much hair (it is a short haired german shepherd).

There is no simple answer. Nothing really works apart from having hard floors. If you have carpets, you need a cleaner with a good beater bar. Sucking doesn't do it.

Every time I vacuum, I get enough hair to make another pair of greyhounds.

I've got a cordless Dyson for me and a Dyson DC39 for my cleaner. The cordless is light enough for me to manage the in between cleaning!

They don't care. I had a dog who loved being vacuumed, the type of machine didn't matter to him, as soon as he heard one start up he'd be there. Moral is, vacuum the pet, not the carpet.

Our dog used to hide behind the sofa and bark at the vacuum whenever it dared to come near. I think she'd have liked to kill it, but she was too wimpy to have a real go. I would never have dreamt of trying to vacuum her.

I used to de-hair our cat with a fine plastic human comb. What would come out in ten seconds was amazing. He was quite happy with it as long as you left his underside alone.

I have one of these and I don't even own a pet!

http://www.johnlewis.com/miele-compact-c2-cat-dog-powerline-cylinder-vacuum-cleaner-red/p1685124?sku=233976962&kpid=233976962&s_kenid=64243cd3-b722-ea68-ea6f-0000577732f8&s_kwcid=402x32058&tmad=c&tmcampid=73&kpid=233976962

With that in mind, I can't really say how much dog and cat hair it picks up but it is infinitely better than my old £50 vacuum and never skips a beat.

My ancient Aqua-Vac is excellent for sucking up hamsters and gerbils. Anything larger blocks the pipe though.

It'd be a lot more fun with a dyson. You'll never feel the need to buy a hamster wheel ever again.