House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

corevalue

Strange Text Emails

I've been getting those strange text spam emails lately. No attachments, nothing inline I can see as an attack. This is a typical one:

However, the hydrogen atoms could not be located. Malay said was the king of the isle.
She married an official with whom she had a bad marriage. Nordic insurance company under Norwegian leadership failed in 1992.
Asteroids, Comets, Meteors conference. Saddle pads of various styles or shapes are used with any type of saddle.
Czechoslovak Spitfires to Israel. Apollinare Nuovo Resurr Lazzaro. Verizon Wireless would begin selling the Palm Pre in early 2010.

Anybody have any idea what's going on? My only guess is that someone is trying to untrain the ISP Bayesian spam filter.

However, being paranoid, I have noticed that more and more they have a link to my browsing history. For example, in the above:

"However, the hydrogen atoms could not be located" appears in wikipedia, and I was reading about hydrogen atoms wrt comet 67P.

"Nordic insurance company under Norwegian leadership failed in 1992" is very similar to a page I was reading about the financial crash of 2008

"Asteroids, Comets, Meteors conference" looks like another page I was browsing.

"Apollinare Nuovo Resurr Lazzaro" is a church in Rome I have been reading about on the net.

Im not clear..are these texts as in phone, or text in email spam as usual?

I've been getting those strange text spam emails lately. No attachments, nothing inline I can see as an attack. This is a typical one:

Anybody have any idea what's going on? My only guess is that someone is trying to untrain the ISP Bayesian spam filter.

However, being paranoid, I have noticed that more and more they have a link to my browsing history. For example, in the above:

"However, the hydrogen atoms could not be located" appears in wikipedia, and I was reading about hydrogen atoms wrt comet 67P.

"Nordic insurance company under Norwegian leadership failed in 1992" is very similar to a page I was reading about the financial crash of 2008

"Asteroids, Comets, Meteors conference" looks like another page I was browsing.

"Apollinare Nuovo Resurr Lazzaro" is a church in Rome I have been reading about on the net.

it's code warfare, if you know how to read them correctly.

DJ Dave Angel awoke one morning to the sound of the construction workers,rather early for his liking he broke a pair of sennheisers as he was devouring turkish delight on toast.Charlie was on the scene talking to strangers,and tried to make a getaway from the crime,

but they were spotted by a guy driving a hillman hunter and caught red handed.Normality restored when jack in the box was released .

In a similar vein, I'm wondering why I get emails from marks and Spencer's to ALL my email accounts, despite the fact that I'm only registered with them under one of the three? Can anyone elucidate?

Email on a linux box using thunderbird.

Ok, so just spam then.

I was worried you were receiving text spam as a result of activities you did on the Internet on a separate device...now THAT would be clever.

it's code warfare, if you know how to read them correctly.

DJ Dave Angel awoke one morning to the sound of the construction workers,rather early for his liking he broke a pair of sennheisers as he was devouring turkish delight on toast.Charlie was on the scene talking to strangers,and tried to make a getaway from the crime,

but they were spotted by a guy driving a hillman hunter and caught red handed.Normality restored when jack in the box was released .

Are you sure it's not YOU, sending these Spams? :blink: