House Price Crash Forum

Osborne Tells Europe To Pull Its Socks Up If Britain Is To Stay In

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

So basically, little has been fixed, Ossie is busy pumping up bubbles, debt is worse than ever, employment reality not as good as it looks (tax revenues down), etc. and we are suddenly a model economy. My goodness, the rest must be really, really bad.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Haha, wasnt he saying the opposite 5 years ago. We need to be more like Germany. Rebalancing this, exporting that.

Guess that was too much hard work for gidiot.

Seem to remember him saying property bubbles needed bursting pre election 2010

The excuse for a life form is a born liar.

HOLA448

Haha, wasnt he saying the opposite 5 years ago. We need to be more like Germany. Rebalancing this, exporting that.

Guess that was too much hard work for gidiot.

Yes, pump up the property bubble and job done!

This bit was quite good though;

“George Osborne's complacency about the state of the British economy may come back to haunt him," said Frances O'Grady, the head of the TUC.

Indeed he did! What did you expect? :rolleyes:

HOLA449

Yes, pump up the property bubble and job done!

This bit was quite good though;

This is why I shall be voting UKIP in May and will not be voting Conservative again until the current leadership are replaced with proper free market Tories. The main culprits being Cameron, Osborne and Shapps.

There is not a lot of point in taking much notice of manifesto promises these days, so I shall be casting my vote based on my gut feeling of the integrity of the party leader and in my opinion, Farage is the most credible of the current bunch.

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

This is why I shall be voting UKIP in May and will not be voting Conservative again until the current leadership are replaced with proper free market Tories. The main culprits being Cameron, Osborne and Shapps.

There is not a lot of point in taking much notice of manifesto promises these days, so I shall be casting my vote based on my gut feeling of the integrity of the party leader and in my opinion, Farage is the most credible of the current bunch.

Farage the pin striped City Banker Boy who dines with Murdoch?

Just another in a long list of non choices.

Controlled opposition to give the sheep the illusion of choice

HOLA4412

I don't think we will be leaving Europe anytime fast.....London is the financial capital, we would not want to lose that, other international banks would not like that...all we can hope is to delay the progress of the endgame plan one big European state or try collectively to make it work in a fair way so that all citizens can benefit not just the select few.

HOLA4413

To those all having a pop at Osborne; do you not remember how the political incumbents were vilified like this in early 2010?

Back then it was Brown this and that and how the Conservatives were going to pop the HPI bubble?

It doesn't matter who is in political power.

They are just filling a temporary management position and will be well rewarded when its over...as long as the play along.

We have all seen that the banks are the system and they will be protected come what may...hence they are the real power.

HOLA4414

I expected them to let the housing market crash and then by around about 2014/15 for it to be picking up without the need of endless borrowing by the state, QE, FFL, Help to Buy and all the other scams that are needed to make Gidiots recovery look like the failure that the people know it is.

I was living overseas in 2010 but anyone with basic common sense and the ability to count the loose change in their pocket knew that if they let the property market crash they could have blamed it all on NuLabour and their property and credit bubble.

It was an open goal that arrogant coked up little prik missed by a mile.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Mr Brown even had the audacity before the 2010 general election to say that the US should follow the same policies as the UK in the recovery. Ever increasing debt?

UK politicians (Mr Osborne this time) often like to lecture the US and the eu about economic policy for electioneering reasons when elections are imminent but it's populist stuff mainly for domestic consumption and information is manipulated and suppressed enough that a lot of UK people likely believe it.

As it says in the article such claims leave the audience "open-mouthed with astonishment".

Edited by billybong

HOLA4417

It seems indecently early to be mounting a leadership challenge, but if he's going to outflank Teresa May and Boris he needs to start cultivating the swivel-eyed loons pretty vigourously.

Be careful what you wish for, Osborne.

But the other side of the coin is that in an environment where Junker is sticking two fingers up and saying, "no renegotiation" it does no harm to fly a kite.

Edited by Stainless Sam

HOLA4418

There was some good quotes on the news earlier about GS and their manipulations in Greece and elsewhere, and how this wasn`t what banking should be about from Farage. Again if he is saying stuff like that he gets my vote.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Because the EU is not a particularly significant issue affecting the lives of the majority of people.

Perrier or highland spring?

Immigration is the top issue ... and immigrants these days predominantly come from Europe.

You mean a it isnt high on your list.

HOLA4425

Years ago doctors use to talk about The four humors black bile yellow bile etc.How many leeches some one needs to make them better.

medicine has moved on from there.

The politicians seem to be in saying the same things that the doctors of old were saying. None of them show graphs explain their thinking on their policy. Explain why they didn't see the crash coming and their new way of thinking

Steve Keen thinks it's private debt that is the problem and explains his thinking. Osborne just says it's black bile and we need more leeches.