House Price Crash Forum

What Most People In England Are Thinking

pigginbacon

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

What I don't get is the huge opposition to SNP MP's getting to vote on issues that effect only the English. Is this not what Better Together wanted? Are SNP MP's not part of the British Parliament? If the Scottish people vote for a huge contingent of SNP MP's why shouldn't they get to vote on whatever they like? We are basically just North Britain now. The country formerly know as Scotland.

The views of the panel members on Question Time were pretty offensive, derogatory and Xenophobic. The UKIP guy making out that we are subsidised by the English. A lie which the Wastemonster elite love to propagate. The blondie's use of Dundee cake twice, her statement that the independence vote was unanimous and that everyone voted for it. They all just wish we would get back in our box!

We are viewed as a colony and treated like second rate citizens by wastemonster and the London elite. They love the country but it's a shame about the people! Just look at the discussions that are taking place on the upcoming leaders debates. Arguing about whether or not the greens should be included and what not. The BBC were quite happy to not have the SNP included at all even though it is looking likely that they will be the third biggest party at Wastemonster after the next GE and also the third biggest party by party membership in the whole of the UK even though they only stand in Scotland!

Scotland could have a lot of influence over the rest of the UK soon so the petty minded little Englanders better get used to the idea sharpish!

P.S. Mods please take me off the moderation queue. I promise to be good!

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Labour's election campaign has been pretty desperate.

Vote labour instead of SNP to boot out the tories...rather than a vote actually for us.

The NHS PPB the other night was particularly humorous....they got some senile old coot to say if Labour dont get in we'll be timetravelled back to 1930. Of course, Ed Miliband didnt have so much as one second in the broadcast...just like Brown didnt either - they got alex ferguson to stand in as they know Brown, like Miliband, was a liability.

Kudos to the tory lady for agreeing with UKIP though. None of them actually were able to destroy Nuttalls argument, and instead just waffled about 'togetherness'

I guess it's nice to know if you are in Cumbria the Libdems care more about the rights of people in Clydeside than they do about the rights of people in Carlisle.

HOLA449

Labour's election campaign has been pretty desperate.

Vote labour instead of SNP to boot out the tories...rather than a vote actually for us.

The NHS PPB the other night was particularly humorous....they got some senile old coot to say if Labour dont get in we'll be timetravelled back to 1930. Of course, Ed Miliband didnt have so much as one second in the broadcast...just like Brown didnt either - they got alex ferguson to stand in as they know Brown, like Miliband, was a liability.

Kudos to the tory lady for agreeing with UKIP though. None of them actually were able to destroy Nuttalls argument, and instead just waffled about 'togetherness'

I guess it's nice to know if you are in Cumbria the Libdems care more about the rights of people in Clydeside than they do about the rights of people in Carlisle.

If Nuttall and nutjob actually believed their arguments, one is left wondering just why the tories and UKIP supported the better together campaign?

HOLA4410

If Nuttall and nutjob actually believed their arguments, one is left wondering just why the tories and UKIP supported the better together campaign?

Because its a lot easier to sell the idea that scotland gets more in subsidies than it pays in taxes. Its a simple enough equation.

Start mentioning inflation, money printing, and why London is the biggest parasite of all and people fall asleep.

HOLA4411

Because its a lot easier to sell the idea that scotland gets more in subsidies than it pays in taxes. Its a simple enough equation.

Start mentioning inflation, money printing, and why London is the biggest parasite of all and people fall asleep.

So.... We Scots are the bogey men?

I don't mind saying.... I'm hurt!

Even that wet blanket Farron, despite his "all in it together" comments finishes on an insult to 45% of Scots who voted in the referendum. Apparently we wrap ourselves in the saltire, blaming it all on 'ra bastid English'! He doesn't realise how insulting that is, to suggest that a large percentage of Scot's are to dumb to understand an argument that runs deeper than "wha's like us? Dam' few, an they're a deid"!

Idiotic, and grist to the mill for the SNP.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

What I don't get is the huge opposition to SNP MP's getting to vote on issues that effect only the English. Is this not what Better Together wanted? Are SNP MP's not part of the British Parliament? If the Scottish people vote for a huge contingent of SNP MP's why shouldn't they get to vote on whatever they like? We are basically just North Britain now. The country formerly know as Scotland.

The views of the panel members on Question Time were pretty offensive, derogatory and Xenophobic. The UKIP guy making out that we are subsidised by the English. A lie which the Wastemonster elite love to propagate. The blondie's use of Dundee cake twice, her statement that the independence vote was unanimous and that everyone voted for it. They all just wish we would get back in our box!

We are viewed as a colony and treated like second rate citizens by wastemonster and the London elite. They love the country but it's a shame about the people! Just look at the discussions that are taking place on the upcoming leaders debates. Arguing about whether or not the greens should be included and what not. The BBC were quite happy to not have the SNP included at all even though it is looking likely that they will be the third biggest party at Wastemonster after the next GE and also the third biggest party by party membership in the whole of the UK even though they only stand in Scotland!

Scotland could have a lot of influence over the rest of the UK soon so the petty minded little Englanders better get used to the idea sharpish!

Have you never heard of the West Lothian question (it was a Scot who pointed out the problems with partial devolution not a little Englander)

HOLA4416

....it's not just the SNP..it's all Scottish MPs (mainly Labour at present) at Westminster ..they voted for University fees in England ...and yet the Scots Parliament voted for none in Scotland ....I'm Scottish ...and I can see that is immoral ...although permitted within the rules of the sick Blair's Labour implementation of a half baked devolution roll out ....for their survival a Labour coalition going forward would like to keep this West Lothian question, which would not be tolerated in any civilised country in the world ...time English voters made sure Labour does not get in if they a looking for fairness ...time to get rid of Milliband or say farewell to democracy in this country......... :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

HOLA4417

..ha..ha...I said at the time ...I'm sure you will recall...it would be a pyrrhic victory ....now they have to destroy Milliband... politically......surely that is simple ... :rolleyes:

HOLA4418

..ha..ha...I said at the time ...I'm sure you will recall...it would be a pyrrhic victory ....now they have to destroy Milliband... politically......surely that is simple ... :rolleyes:

You did, and if Cameron and Farage were in any way competent, they would..... except they're not, so they won't!

I remember your arguments regarding the West Lothian question, and common sense would lead you to think that all countries South of the border would be looking to resolve this issue, but the polls seem to show that's not the case. Now we've got Miliband up here today giving us even MORE bribes, a home rule bill no less, so he certainly doesn't seem to be worried about a backlash South of the border....

HOLA4419

You did, and if Cameron and Farage were in any way competent, they would..... except they're not, so they won't!

I remember your arguments regarding the West Lothian question, and common sense would lead you to think that all countries South of the border would be looking to resolve this issue, but the polls seem to show that's not the case. Now we've got Miliband up here today giving us even MORE bribes, a home rule bill no less, so he certainly doesn't seem to be worried about a backlash South of the border....

...he knows it's his only way to power ...and he needs the SNP in the Union...and the hard line Labour voters will back him....

HOLA4420

Hillarious! Milliband is so desperate for power that he is prepared to team up with the same party the Labour/Tory coalition spent the last year fighting against. The SNP must be laughing their heads off!

The English are going to be screaming blue murder come May if this comes to pass. It's going to be brilliant! Maybe the London based media should have been a bit more impartial last year!

Munches popcorn...

HOLA4421

...he knows it's his only way to power ...and he needs the SNP in the Union...and the hard line Labour voters will back him....

You think? With the rise of UKIP South of the border, I think he's barking up the wrong tree. As I say, if Cameron and Farage were in any way competent, they should be able to have Miliband drummed out of his constituency!

A quick look at Doncaster North shows a 3-4% swing from labour to conservative in every election from 1997. From 55% to a 26% majority in 2010..... still a big ask I suppose.

I can remember laughing at those tories that were ousted in '97, Rifkind, Portillo etc. Who would have thought that, 18 years down the line, I dearly want to be laughing in the face of their labour equivalents? Can you imagine Ed Ball's puss if he lost his seat :lol:

HOLA4422