House Price Crash Forum

Fined For Wearing A Windcheater And A Flat Cap?

corevalue

HOLA441

On that day, Golding also wore a political uniform in the form of a Britain First members only jacket, which is an offence under the Public Order Act 1936.

Is there a list of political uniforms? Is it Ok to wear a red or blue tie, or a coloured rossette?

ed forgot linky

http://www.essexchronicle.co.uk/Britain-leader-Paul-Golding-guilty/story-25808029-detail/story.html

HOLA442

The word "also" in your quote suggests you might be misleading us.

On the other hand, this country's treatment of Stephen Gough demonstrates serious intolerance of someone who diverges from sartorial norms. Our powers-that-be like to pretend they're better than the Saudis, but their actions say otherwise.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

The word "also" in your quote suggests you might be misleading us.

On the other hand, this country's treatment of Stephen Gough demonstrates serious intolerance of someone who diverges from sartorial norms. Our powers-that-be like to pretend they're better than the Saudis, but their actions say otherwise.

He was fined £325 for harassement, but also fined £100 for wearing a "political uniform". If it was a true "uniform" all those wearing it would be identical, boots, trousers, jackets etc., which doesn't seem to be the case. It gets muddied because on the jacket there is a badge, which I have read is a Crown symbol and they have been told not to wear that.

They seem a particularly unpleasant lot, but the question is: what is a "uniform", is it anything TPTB declare to be one? Which is why I asked about ties and rossettes.

HOLA446
HOLA447

We should harrass criminals.

Jehovers witnesses shun offenders of their faith.

The issue here was that the harrassed wasnt the target criminal, then again, was she hiding a terrist?..if so, she should be harrassed and shamed out.

Never heard of the political uniform offence, then again, we have so many laws its likely that merely walking down the street with a smile is an offence under some statute, byelaw or some twist of the public order act.

HOLA448

Never heard of the political uniform offence, then again, we have so many laws its likely that merely walking down the street with a smile is an offence under some statute, byelaw or some twist of the public order act.

Seems you just can't win ...

article-2543309-0073887700000258-994_634

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Just checked wikipedia and it is indeed a law dating from the 1930s: The Public Order Act 1936 (1 Edw. 8 & 1 Geo. 6 c. 6)

I assumed this would have been some Blairite thing slipped into the statutes while we weren't looking.

Apparently some IRA supporters were arrested for wearing black berets under this law. How did Wolfie out of 'Citizen Smith' get away with it?'

HOLA4412

Wearing the wrong uniform...Only these guys can harass and get away with it.

norfolk_2404127b.jpg

the police are apolitical..well they were until we elected a politician to oversee things in each county.

HOLA4413

Just checked wikipedia and it is indeed a law dating from the 1930s: The Public Order Act 1936 (1 Edw. 8 & 1 Geo. 6 c. 6)

I assumed this would have been some Blairite thing slipped into the statutes while we weren't looking.

Apparently some IRA supporters were arrested for wearing black berets under this law. How did Wolfie out of 'Citizen Smith' get away with it?'

Because he wasn't in the IRA. He was in the Tooting Popular Front.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Sure...'Sir' Ian Blair had no political leanings whatsoever.

And there are absolutely no freemasons infesting their ranks either...

Freemasons scandal is all about favouritism, not politics per se.

Ian Blair was in the Met, which alone among forces, is under the Home Secretary.

To deny that anybody has no political leanings is meaningless.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/britain-first-donning-the-uniform-of-victimhood/16479#.VMK-zkesXh4

Since I'm a bloody-minded tosser I'm definitely going to attend a few political events / rallies etc. in the run up to the election with my inkjet printed copy of the Public Order Act 1936:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Edw8and1Geo6/1/6/section/1

...and if anyone is wearing a t-shirt etc. declaring allegiance to any political party, ask them if they've obtained an order from the chief officer of police with the consent of the Secretary of State. And if not, I'll march up to the first copper I see and demand that action is taken.

It's only fair.

• 1 year later...
HOLA4419

Hmm i didn't realise the flat cap carried such a connotation.

But actuallly we are all wearing them now aren't we. Personally i stick to a rather invisible three quid Primark job. But to stand out from the crowd, this seems to be the way it is going, supersized Edwardian style.............

794890917_tp.jpg

HOLA4420
On 22/01/2015 at 9:25 AM, Bossybabe said:

The public order act 1936 

An Act to prohibit the wearing of uniforms in connection with political objects and the maintenance by private persons of associations of military or similar character; and to make further provision for the preservation of public order on the occasion of public processions and meetings and in public places.

Says wiki.

HOLA4421
3 minutes ago, SarahBell said:

An Act to prohibit the wearing of uniforms in connection with political objects and the maintenance by private persons of associations of military or similar character; and to make further provision for the preservation of public order on the occasion of public processions and meetings and in public places.

Says wiki.

Is Jihad military?

HOLA4422

There is a theory that some of these groups are headed up by people working for the intelligence services. You will notice everything they do - street protests, demos outside of mosques, and generally being obnoxious - is counterproductive to their stated aims. They end up falling foul of the law for trivial, almost nonsensical things like this. Similar to how Tommy Robinson was questioned by UK police after he held up a "F*** ISIS" flag in France during last years football matches. The whole thing is staged in order to gain them credibility and sympathy.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

So the uniform being an offence means that if you have what might be called a rally then you are forced to shout slogans very loud to demonstrate solidarity with each other? - or allow the police to corral you all into one place to demonstrate that you all belong to the same group? - or all hold placards with the same/similar messages?

Incidentally that public order act of 1936 got Royal Assent in December 1936 shortly after the Jarrow march when they all seemed to wear flat caps.

They still sell them in the shops.

HOLA4425

Archived