House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

If You Question Authority, You Are Mentally Ill

http://www.acting-man.com/?p=35319

Only the Sheeple Are Sane

This post is about an issue that is by now a bit dated (though the topic as such certainly isn’t), but we have only just become aware of it and it seemed to us worth rescuing it from the memory hole. In late 2013, the then newest issue of the American Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM for short) defined a new mental illness, the so-called “oppositional defiant disorder” or ODD.

As TheMindUnleashed.org informs us, the definition of this new mental illness essentially amounts to declaring any non-conformity and questioning of authority as a form of insanity. According to the manual, ODD is defined as:

[…] an “
ongoing pattern of disobedient, hostile and defiant behavior
,”
symptoms include questioning authority, negativity, defiance, argumentativeness, and being easily annoyed.

In short, as Natural News put it: According to US psychiatrists, only the sheeple are sane.

Every time a new issue of the DSM appears, the number of mental disorders grows – and this growth is exponential. A century ago there were essentially 7 disorders, 80 years ago there were 59, 50 years ago there were 130, and by 2010 there were 374 (77 of which were “found” in just seven years). A prominent critic of this over-diagnosing (and the associated over-medication trend) is psychologist Dr. Paula Caplan. Here is an interview with her:

That's everyone posting on here confirmed then!

Perhaps the forum needs a name change?

I am not mentally ill, athough somebody has put excrement on my rubber walls! I don't think I did it! I believe Mr Renting did! And I also think he he hit me over the the head with "a sock full of batteries" and pinched my snouts!

I am happy to concede that I may be mentally ill - I certainly tick a few boxes in the paranoid and the manic-depressive questionnaire...!

But thankfully there is one thing that has kept me on the sane side of the fence for every single one of my (so far) accrued 49 years - that I have fought, swore-at, ridiculed, answered-back and "bit the and that fed me" of every single sociapathic, árse-wipe, king Canute, little Hitler, authority-figure fückwit that I have EVER encountered.

And I ain't ever gonna stop doing that. Not now. Not ever.

Aye, I'm fücking barking me like...!

:)

XYY

If you are a survivalist stockpiling things, the government will privately put you on watchlists, and will publicly humiliate you.

The same government that has bunkers and food stockpiles for its own members.

so it's basically a gang war mentality.

you ain't in their gang.deal with it.

frankly I'd rather not be part of the world the are trying to create, but I,like a good deal of people, do not intend to go quietly should the rest of the sheeple catch wind that their interests are not being properly put forward either by their elected representatives.

I think they are going to feel betrayed at first, much like the rest of us did(most of us on here are now in total cynic mode and some are making damage limitation contingency plans like the preppers)

then that sense of betrayal will turn to anger......etc etc.

http://www.acting-man.com/?p=35319

That's everyone posting on here confirmed then!

Perhaps the forum needs a name change?

on a rather more sombre note.

with regard to title.....we went through this cr@p 600 years ago didn't we?

so what's your choice?

inquisitions again chaps?.........

wibble, I'm a witch,I'm a witch,bring forth my ducking stool of golden plenty,because I will curse them that curse me until you send the jehovahs witnesses round to snatch me away like a thief in the night.

If you question authority you are mentally ill.

If you don't question authority you are mentally ill.

I think I will abstain.

Not wishing to nick pick, but I think it would be impossible to abstain from that question? :D

I'm with Mr XYY! I only like a small amount of "reason" in my life!

Not wishing to nick pick, but I think it would be impossible to abstain from that question? :D

Are you getting this control...? Obvious troublemaker here...

;)

XYY

Well if they ask me if I agree or disagree with what the government is doing I will bang my pots and pans and shout "Oklahoma!"

I am not mentally ill, athough somebody has put excrement on my rubber walls! I don't think I did it! I believe Mr Renting did! And I also think he he hit me over the the head with "a sock full of batteries" and pinched my snouts!

'tis true.

Kinda like how the Soviets shut up a lot of dissidents by declaring them insane.

Apparently in the 19th century there was even a guy who said that blacks fleeing slavers in the US were mentally ill.

Par for the course really.

[…] an “ongoing pattern of disobedient, hostile and defiant behavior,” symptoms include questioning authority, negativity, defiance, argumentativeness, and being easily annoyed.

Yep, that sounds like me. Wouldn't be me if most of the rest of the world weren't contemptible little turds. I question the intelligence, and possibly the sanity, of anyone who isn't like that.

This new 'illness' is sinister - even the abbreviation ODD is perjorative.

It sounds like something is being primed to silence dissidents.

Has the CIA been pulling strings in the US psychiatry profession? Surely not...

This new 'illness' is sinister - even the abbreviation ODD is perjorative.

It sounds like something is being primed to silence dissidents.

Has the CIA been pulling strings in the US psychiatry profession? Surely not...

I wouldn't say the CIA so much as the logical conclusion of the drive to political correctness. Liberal and left are words that should not be in the same sentence. Seriously.

There is a thin line between sanity and insanity......preferable to have at least a couple of strings attached to your bow, then you can play it from all angles. ;)

It's 2015, year two post-Snowden, so it would be more correct to say that NOT questioning authority is a sign of mental illness (or more accurately a sign of mental zombiefication).

There is a thin line between sanity and insanity......preferable to have at least a couple of strings attached to your bow, then you can play it from all angles. ;)

That is a terrible mixed metaphor! Insanity scares me, but sanity bores me immensley!

The hand of God sees all! :blink: