House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
juvenal

Thunderbird House On Sandbanks Finally Sells At Half Asking

I like it. Especially because it will piss off most of the vile snobs who live in that area. In fact I would buy it and throw the most outrageous parties ever, with loads of strippers and free flowing booze. Just to make them angrier.

I like it. Especially because it will piss off most of the vile snobs who live in that area. In fact I would buy it and throw the most outrageous parties ever, with loads of strippers and free flowing booze. Just to make them angrier.

You've seen Wolf of Wall St.

So probably spent at least £2million in 2005. Ten years of interest payments on that, even with low rates for the last 5 years must have added another 500k at least to the bill...cant imagine rent would cover much on such a place.

Now all it needs is an annual LVT at about...oh, £30k?

He runs hi

own business - I think £2m is chump change, considering where the oil industry has been and come from. But let's hope it was paid for with cash, and it was chump change, considering where the oil industry is NOW.

The Thunderbird house was a vanity project at the height of the boom - as a veteran house builder/developer he got caught out and was stuck with the house for a decade.

Edited by 200p

The only thing going for that area is the fantastic light....the rest is very pretentious.

You also get Harry Redknapp as a near neighbour and dozens of IQ-65 footballers crashing their range rovers about the place...whats not to like?

It is true the house is not actually on the Sandbank peninsular. I have driven a few times past that house on the way to Alum Chine out of Sandbanks. I remember it was on a hill, so if the Sandbanks get washed away, that area would be OK.

It is true the house is not actually on the Sandbank peninsular. I have driven a few times past that house on the way to Alum Chine out of Sandbanks. I remember it was on a hill, so if the Sandbanks get washed away, that area would be OK.

Well Alum Chine is in another town entirely about 10km from Sandbanks.

None of the Tracey Island images on the Mail story look even vaguely like the house.

Perhaps the headline should of read "House, not like on Thunderbirds, Not on Sandbanks, Finally Sells..."

That's interesting. So he had a fixed term loan on which he could make payments but could not pay off the principal so Nationwide foreclosed on him after letting him renew the loan once. Sounds like fair treatment by Nationwide and interesting that they wanted to foreclose now rather than milking interest payments, are they worried about a HPC?

I know it's trivial and inconsequential, but I hate journalists. that house obviously was not in the slightest insptred by thunderbirds, apart from being round.

50 times the house for 10 times the UK average.

Yes, it looks pretty good value. In fact many top end properties must be being purchased for a handful of years' salaries, while in london there are presumably people on 50k buying million pound properties that will require 40 years of total net income to repay.

I know it's trivial and inconsequential, but I hate journalists. that house obviously was not in the slightest insptred by thunderbirds, apart from being round.Yes, it looks pretty good value. In fact many top end properties must be being purchased for a handful of years' salaries, while in london there are presumably people on 50k buying million pound properties that will require 40 years of total net income to repay.

Is got a thunderbirds sign on the front gate hasn't it?

An indulgent fancy may be, but actually not untypical of beachside development in highly sought after areas. In fact we applaud quirky stuff in the US, but unless it is traditional we knock it here.

The real story here is that in spite of location location and a reasonably presentable new build the bloke may have lost money in 12 years. Property a one way bet ?...may be in London.

Edited by crashmonitor