House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Eagle

A Year After Marijuana Legalisation In Colorado, 'everything's Fine' Confirm Police

Not only has the legalisation of cannabis not come with a rise in crime, it has also created thousands of jobs

[...]

Impaired driving, property crime and violent crime were all dropping in Denver prior to legalisation, and the trend has only continued. Even drug use among young people is down

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/a-year-after-marijuana-legalisation-in-colorado-everythings-fine-confirm-police-9989723.html

Isn't it about time we follow the example and legalise marijuana in the UK and ideally everywhere in the EU?

I can't stand the stuff myself and find heavy users to be the most tedious people on earth but I don't see what benefit there is in criminalising it any more than there would be in criminalising tobacco or alcohol.

Everything illegal should be legalised.

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say "everything" but this thread is specifically about marijuana, not "everything".

I can't stand the stuff myself and find heavy users to be the most tedious people on earth but I don't see what benefit there is in criminalising it any more than there would be in criminalising tobacco or alcohol.

You have obviously never been on a long distance plane, sitting next to a ball-bearing saleman from Bolton! A bit of a puff, at parties, I can stand! I can't remember the last time I had a spliff, but that's what it does to you! Not a fan myself Frank!

Legalise it. It just feeds criminal gangs which sell the stuff on the black market anyway. The quality can be dubious too.

Laws should not be used to define what is morally good or bad. They should also not restrict individual freedom in an attempt to save someone.

Access to quality information to allow people to judge for themselves is required instead.

Edit: btw, apparently silkroad was working as expected. Quality was going up and costs down, with people understanding what they were getting... Until the state shut it down, that is.

One of the things I can't quite work out about american society is their relationship with marijuana. It seems to be treated by middle class users in american novels almost with reverance. I read "goat mountain" recently (not particularly recommended), and practically every other page is "We got stoned and...". Boring.

Problem in the UK is the stuff that is smoked is super strength. If they did e-spliffs using normal strength and license it the government would make a fortune.

We should also ban vodka and all other spirits because they are supper strong compared to beer ?

There are many strains available not all have high THC levels

Weed is the same as alcohol in respect to strength/potency you would not drink whiskey buy the pint

Heart attacks from drug use (mainly cocaine) have been fairly constant for decades, apart from a small little blip when they went down. That blip is when mephadrone (a legal high with similar effects) was legal.

I expect we will see it in our lifetimes.. Just common sense really.

The sad thing is, like nearly all British policy, we don't have the balls to do anything without the Americans holding our hand first.

Same place as it always have

Well its now a legal substance so is there some sort of agreed limit

or level in the body and a driving ban the same as DUI?

The new uk drug driving laws coming into force on march 1st set the

levels really low micrograms, this is because its an illegal substance.

Just wondering if the US has set some sort of arbitrary limit like the

1.5 pints of lager rule.

With the strength of some of that skunk i imagine itd be a bit random to say

everyone can have 2 spliffs or something like that ]

Well prohibition has never worked and never will. All it does is create criminals so I hope we do see legalisation over here.

Well prohibition has never worked and never will. All it does is create criminals so I hope we do see legalisation over here.

And feminists. When they do it, it's empowering though. Remember that.

Well its now a legal substance so is there some sort of agreed limit

or level in the body and a driving ban the same as DUI?

The new uk drug driving laws coming into force on march 1st set the

levels really low micrograms, this is because its an illegal substance.

Just wondering if the US has set some sort of arbitrary limit like the

1.5 pints of lager rule.

With the strength of some of that skunk i imagine itd be a bit random to say

everyone can have 2 spliffs or something like that ]

As far as i know there are no test that can accurately measure the levels (mg/ppm) of THC/CBD`s in the human body it`s irrelevant weather it`s a legal or illegal as its all about intoxication

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/a-year-after-marijuana-legalisation-in-colorado-everythings-fine-confirm-police-9989723.html

Isn't it about time we follow the example and legalise marijuana in the UK and ideally everywhere in the EU?

Its pretty much smoked everywhere near me.

A young, 18ish girl went by me tonight - nerdy rather than dopey or chavvy.

I could follow the smell of where she'd been for about 300 yards. Skunk smoke hangs around like BO. Similar smell too.