House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zugzwang

Cebr Chief Economist Doug Mcwilliams Questioned Over Attack On Prostitute

McWingnut's insane pontifications about the UK economy and house prices always led me to believe was a crack-rock smoker. :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11353635/Top-economist-questioned-by-police-over-claims-he-attacked-prostitute-after-smoking-crack.html

One of Britain’s leading economists is at the centre of a police investigation into claims he assaulted a prostitute after the pair smoked crack cocaine together.

Professor Douglas McWilliams, a key figure who has advised Boris Johnson on housing policy, allegedly injured Beverley Shearon at her flat in St Albans, Hertfordshire.

She claims the married academic was a regular visitor and took drugs with her on New Year’s Eve before he “flipped out” when a neighbour arrived unannounced.

Professor McWilliams, executive chairman of influential City think-tank the Centre for Economic and Business Research, left the home but was later questioned by police. Ms Shearon, 47, says she was left with facial bruising, a black eye and a hand injury.

She told the Sun on Sunday: “He turned up at about 4pm and wanted a smoke. I was weak and let him.”

The self-confessed call girl claims she then performed a sex act on the Oxford-educated economist - who she called ‘Posh Rob’. But when a neighbour knocked on the door to wish her Happy New Year, Ms Shearon alleges Professor McWilliams attacked her in a rage.

She added: “I don’t know why he comes here and why he leads the life he leads considering his job.”

In December his think tank CEBR suggested UK had overtaken France in 2014 to become the world’s fifth largest economy, thanks to earnings from the drugs and the sex trade.

On Christmas Day, McWilliams tweeted a link to a story about the predictions, writing: “Prostitution and illegal drugs help UK overtake France in global wealth league.”

I'm glad this lady bashing crack-head is in charge of the economy! We are in safe hands!

I applaud his personal attempt to boost the size of the UK's economy by focusing on the newly-identified contributions to GDP from drugs and prostitution.

He clearly has the nation's best interests at heart.

This is somewhat off-topic, but I've always wondered why Jonathan Portes, an American without an academic background in economics, was able to become the chief economist for the Home Office under Tony Blair, where he provided the economic analysis for New Labour's immigration policy (which, to me, having studied labour economics, makes absolutely no sense). Reading about the CEBR, it turns out that it was founded by Portes' father, Richard Portes. Meritocracy in action?

The good shall rise to the top, especially if your dad has a seat on the board!

Banker - Check

Cocaine - Check

Prostitute - Check

Assault and Battery - Check...

Where exactly is the story here?

Was he sniffing his rock off her crack or something?

You really do not need that much brain power to be an economist.

At least some of the deluded economic models can be explained by being coke-addled.

You really do not need that much brain power to be an economist.

+1

Did any of them, anywhere predict the sudden sharp drop in oil prices?