House Price Crash Forum

Osborne Says, Don't Drop Your Prices For Your Customers.

HOLA441

I'm paraphrasing,he said pass on any windfall from dropping oil prices to your staff as pay rises, amounts to the same thing though.

They must be terrified of Deflation and will try anything to avoid it. This must be their latest wheeze. I can just imagine them all sat round a big table trying to work out how best to use low inflation to their advantage and shaft the 99%ers even more than they already have.

Cameron also asking people to pay the living wage rather than the minimum wage.

So, basically, they want prices to stay high, or go higher, then when oil shoots again, prices will sky pocket and most likely, we will see mass redundancies and maybe some people starving to death.

To say these posh tory "men" are out of touch is an understatement.

Sorry for voting for these people. I won't make that mistake ever again.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA442

[quote name="TheCountOfNowhere" post="1102653828"

They must be terrified of Deflation and will try anything to avoid it. This must be their latest wheeze.

I can just imagine them all sat round a big table trying to work out how best to use low inflation to their advantage and shaft the 99%ers even more than they already have.

Yes they need a good news story re real wages rising to help counter Labours `cost of living crisis'.

HOLA443

These low rates are a cause for deflation in some areas.

For example almost every town now has a nearly new Premier inn and people are opening restaurants all over the place.

This is not a bad thing but a side effect of cheap money is investment in over capacity.

Not to mention zombie businesses which would be better sold off at the right price and rennovated/knocked down etc

HOLA444
HOLA445

I'm paraphrasing,he said pass on any windfall from dropping oil prices to your staff as pay rises, amounts to the same thing though.

...To say these posh tory "men" are out of touch is an understatement.

Front page of The Times (Saturday, January 17. 2015); Main headline strap.

'Give Britain a pay rise'

Cameron tells companies to pass on windfall profits on to workers

British workers should be given pay rises by companies enjoying windfall profits from tumbling oil prices, David Cameron has said.

At least he does later say has to be done in a way companies can continue to grow and that productivity needs to increase.

HOLA446

Wage inflation is what they want and need.....fine for those with a job, even better for those with a high paying job, they will be making the most, but not always spending the most....

Lower prices are good for all those that spend money to live, meaning everyone, meaning everyone can and will benefit...better, improved competition, survival of the fittest....can then see who is swimming without a costume on.....naked. ;)

HOLA447

So Mr Cameron wants higher wages, lower prices but just in some cases (pass on the oil price reductions) and higher productivity.

All things to all men (persons).

All reasonable ideas in themselves but he could have expressed them just as emphatically in 2010 rather than waiting until now, 2015 and just before the election, despite the oil prices.

He hasn't said lower house prices though - the elephant in the room still goes unseen.

Edited by billybong

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I presume if oil prices go up he's going to suggest that companies "pass it on" and cut wages in return?!

Quite that's the idiocy of his comment. Oil could shoot up in weeks.he's obviosly never ran j business, has he ever had an actual job?

I thought it was Osborne that came out with this but look like it was tweddle Dee.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Ok, so one firm follows the advice...another doesnt and cuts prices...what now for the first firm...theyll lose all their windfall in an avalanche of customer defections.

Price controls is what this tw@ actually inferred.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Funny things Chancellors of the Exchequers. Have we ever had a good one?

Excusing to a degree Alistair Darling who followed the imbecile, both Brown and Osborne have been awful, masters of deception, basking in a good economic situation when it really isn't in great shape. Maybe it comes with the territory, you can brazen it out, fiddle a few statistics, focus on a few populist areas, lie through your teeth, and still get a good press.

The currently have a status that is not deserved.

HOLA4416

Yep, deflation is cleary terrifying them. Wage rises equals inflation and so they are desperate to push that.

Concern for the sheeple 4 months from an election after 4.5 years of robbing them blind is not that eandering.

I wonder if the oil workers and associated industries will be taking a massive pay cut since their profits will plummet....this is the other side of Cameron coin.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Funny things Chancellors of the Exchequers. Have we ever had a good one?

Clarke with Major were the best I can remember. Of course I didn't realise at the time (I was a 'lifelong Labour voter' back in the day)

Broon was only any good for the first 3 years because he promised (remember when the psychos kept them) to stick to Clarkes figures.

Makes me wonder what the country would have been like if Major had managed to hang on in '97 - would have been so much better than the awful hole we exist in today.

The main thing I learned 95-2005 was never, ever, never vote on party lines or hold a particular ideology.

I will be voting UKIP 2015 not because I like them but for their disruptive potential.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Clarke with Major were the best I can remember. Of course I didn't realise at the time (I was a 'lifelong Labour voter' back in the day)

Broon was only any good for the first 3 years because he promised (remember when the psychos kept them) to stick to Clarkes figures.

Makes me wonder what the country would have been like if Major had managed to hang on in '97 - would have been so much better than the awful hole we exist in today.

The main thing I learned 95-2005 was never, ever, never vote on party lines or hold a particular ideology.

I will be voting UKIP 2015 not because I like them but for their disruptive potential.

Would agree with this. Major because he let the property bubble pop - at the time the levels of debt weren't so great; and in hindsight it did seem a good period of governance. Clarke is too tainted for me - maybe.

Voting wise, it is a change that needs to happen - people voting out of some traditional view. They are currently taking the proverbial out of the electorate because the personal gains of being in power (even in the HoC/Lords) are so great. Sadly people will still blindly vote for the rosette. I feel 2015 is a very important election. We'd be better off with a government that was hamstrung in some way.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Clarke is too tainted for me - maybe.

I know what you mean.

However I don't think Major would have let him run with his more multinational corp or EU-reactionary tendencies unless it suited Britain.

I really do regret letting myself project the distaste I had for Thatcher's neo-conservative policies onto Major. He was the last (if not the only recent) PM who was not ideologically driven, was egalitarian and classless in outlook and not brazenly self interested and obsessed. Even his perceived 'naff-ness' looks charming nowadays. Probaly the best PM we never voted for.

HOLA4425