House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grommit

Where To Put The Cash?

We have been in our new rental for 2 weeks now with the house equity (about £400k) safely in the bank. I'm sure a lot of people are getting into this position now, but what does one do next to invest it in the best place? I can't see a recent discussion on where to place a sizeable stash, ideas welcomed.

Mrs Grommit will not be happy to do anything risky at all with her house money, so;

* What is the best split for risk avoidance?

* How do you make things recession proof as best as possible?

* What products, funds etc will be the winners in 2006, 2007 etc

* Where is the stock market going in the next couple of years?

I'm not a youngster anymore unfortunately, so I am anticipating that the decline in house prices will take maybe up to 5 years. Mrs Grommit and I both went through the last big HPC. We can see from around us that we are clearly over the top and in the "denial" stage so at this stage, we think care is everything as things may change rapidly as sentiment declines. So what do you think?

Grommit

We have been in our new rental for 2 weeks now with the house equity (about £400k) safely in the bank. I'm sure a lot of people are getting into this position now, but what does one do next to invest it in the best place? I can't see a recent discussion on where to place a sizeable stash, ideas welcomed.

Mrs Grommit will not be happy to do anything risky at all with her house money, so;

* What is the best split for risk avoidance?

* How do you make things recession proof as best as possible?

* What products, funds etc will be the winners in 2006, 2007 etc

* Where is the stock market going in the next couple of years?

I'm not a youngster anymore unfortunately, so I am anticipating that the decline in house prices will take maybe up to 5 years. Mrs Grommit and I both went through the last big HPC. We can see from around us that we are clearly over the top and in the "denial" stage so at this stage, we think care is everything as things may change rapidly as sentiment declines. So what do you think?

Grommit

First you will need to be debriefed by the Shaker Furher, and remember we ask all the questions here .......no it's not that bad really .......some little whipper snappers see to think they run the place....but just ignore them or give em the odd slap ;)

I'm in the same position really, with similare instructions regards "Her in Doors" house money. So without exposing it to risk I have my hands tide. Sat in Sterling cash deposit accounts is in it's self a risk, but the only one she will accept. Mind you IMHO it's less of a risk then keeping your money on the housing market table.

Sorry I cannot be any help really, but welcome to the forum Grommit.

Edited by Catch22