House Price Crash Forum
vroomvroom

Selling Gold Coins

If you can I would hold on to them for another 12 months. Financial markets are starting to look dodgy again, just like 2008 and to be fair it looks like you will be selling at the bottom of the market.

On second thoughts, I might be interested depending on what you want for them and where you are located? Send me a private message and if you are not a ridiculous distance from me we can talk money!

Edited by renting til I die

Forum moderators - I'm posting the details up here as I assume there isn't a classified section - please feel free to move

Reason for sale - saving all my pennies for a new car and with only 5 gold coins it feels I'm neither in our out of Gold.

Based in Cheshire (wilmslow)

I want £1,250 for all 5

Am I missing something. If one wants to invest solely in the gold and can buy sovereigns at £197 why would one pay £250 for them?

I'm far from an expert but it appears some years have a higher premium than others

Hence why bullion by post sell them (currently) at £303

I'm far from an expert but it appears some years have a higher premium than others

Hence why bullion by post sell them (currently) at £303

That is in very fine condition! and that's also if you only buy one!

Best value sovereigns are £207, what is best value? well, that will be whatever they have in stock, generally coins that are less than very fine condition (note that the pick and mix Sovereign - Elizabeth II, Young Head are from £221. Pick and mix is fun if you don't care what years you get. I have several Sovereign - Victoria, Young Head in that way, you always get ripped off if you ask specified dates!) as most of us are only interested in gold content, we would go for what is the cheapest.

I am a bit of a numismatist though and I would be interested in purchasing one of your coins, however you are located too far for me so unless you are on a day-trip to London or I have to take a trip up your way for work, I don't think we will be able to do a deal. And no I won't send money and wait for you to post it! Come to think off it, I wouldn't ever buy off ebay either!

If you are down south for any reason, drop me a line. I am a collector and I'll still be interested.

Edited by renting til I die

So it's basically the difference between buying gold or buying collectible coins. In a melt down of the World Economy few people will pay a premium for the collectible element of it.

So it's basically the difference between buying gold or buying collectible coins. In a melt down of the World Economy few people will pay a premium for the collectible element of it.

Stick with bullion. The numismatic stuff is just pointless.

I just saw this post. Not sure if it is too late or not but I am thinking about buying some gold sovereigns. I came across a company called 'Sovereign Investments' and was thinking of buying from them because their prices are about £5 better than anyone else. Their buy back prices are also pretty good. Today you could get £194 per Elizabeth sovereign. Have a look... www.sovereigninvestments.co.uk/buy-and-sell-gold-coins.html Let me know how you get on welling them!!

I just saw this post. Not sure if it is too late or not but I am thinking about buying some gold sovereigns. I came across a company called 'Sovereign Investments' and was thinking of buying from them because their prices are about £5 better than anyone else. Their buy back prices are also pretty good. Today you could get £194 per Elizabeth sovereign. Have a look... www.sovereigninvestments.co.uk/buy-and-sell-gold-coins.html Let me know how you get on welling them!!

Dont forget to add £7 for postage