House Price Crash Forum

Swiss Nat Bank Ends Peg To Euro!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2015/jan/15/stock-markets-and-copper-price-wef-global-risks-live

Interesting Comment:

I wonder how many is "some" and I bet its not just Eastern Europe, what about Cyprus...

Today’s market moves have major implications beyond Switzerland, City analyst Marc Ostwald points out:

Some mortgage holders in Eastern Europe have taken out mortgages in Swiss francs; a rise in the franc means their repayments have just gone up.

Edited by JustAnotherProle

Was thinking along the lines of exit may be for more politically significant than just the peg, they may decide they want to stay as independent as possible rather than a slow merge with EU,heck migration adn terrorism could even come into the mix and the ability to run their own policies in those regards.

Why do you say a German exit less likely?

Switzerland just exited EZ (effectively).

Timing just after ECJ ruling OMT legal, ECB next week etc.

EDIT: I said less UNlikely didnt I? Ah yes I did.

Edited by R K

EDIT: I said less UNlikely didnt I? A yes I did.

EDIT: I said less UNlikely didnt I? Ah yes I did.

Yes, me misreading sorry!

So you think Germany might actually choke on OMT rather than accept it but try to limit?

Thanks! must have missed that, skip reading threads again, pretty epic info there Sancho, thanks for compiling that lot!

Is the word "carnage" too rich to describe the Swiss Mortages position?

Edited by JustAnotherProle

So Switzerland must have decided that the ECB will go ahead roughshod and imminently despite the idea (apparently) not being finally approved in law.

15 January 2015

http://

www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11344253/ECJ-ruling-paves-way-for-eurozone-QE.html

The opinion of the advocate general is not binding, and will be followed up with a judgement at some point. French bank BNP Paribas suggested that this will be delivered around the middle of the year.

Edited by billybong

Inflationistas - .... Off.

If any government or central bank moron is still concerned about deflation - like it is wrong that prices of stuff like fuel is falling ...

They just need to increase VAT or other related tax to "create" the inflation ...

As I said, they are just complete morons ... :(:(:(