House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Executive Sadman

Schools? Or Prisons?

Apparently teachers now think its acceptable to insert themselves into students personal lives and pass judgment on their private lives outside of school.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2908537/Boy-15-hanged-teachers-grilled-sexual-encounter-girl-feared-d-sent-prison.html

Of course, no teachers will serve any time, pay any fine.

Just in case this is new to anyone, from the Land of the Free...

Robbins v. Lower Merion School District

The lawsuit was filed after 15-year-old high school sophomore Blake Robbins was disciplined at school, for his behavior in his home.[5][13] The school based its decision to discipline Robbins on a photograph that had been secretly taken of him in his bedroom, via the webcam in his school-issued laptop. Without telling its students, the schools remotely accessed their school-issued laptops to secretly snap pictures of students in their own homes, their chat logs, and records of the websites they visited. The school then transmitted the snapshots to servers at the school, where school authorities reviewed them and shared the snapshots with others.[14] In one widely published photo, the school had photographed Robbins in his bed.[15] The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), U.S. Attorney's Office, and Montgomery County District Attorney all initiated criminal investigations of the matter, which they combined and then closed because they did not find evidence "that would establish beyond a reasonable doubt that anyone involved had criminal intent".

I think too many teachers have given up on the basically really hard problem of how to teach kids some stuff and turned instead to solving the easy problem of forcing their teacher training college sociologist inspired sanitized world view on them instead.

I think too many teachers have given up on the basically really hard problem of how to teach kids some stuff and turned instead to solving the easy problem of forcing their teacher training college sociologist inspired sanitized world view on them instead.

It's not "teaching", is it! I wanted to be a "teacher" once but I am glad I didn't do it as a job! :blink:

It's not "teaching", is it! I wanted to be a "teacher" once but I am glad I didn't do it as a job! :blink:

It's not teaching to learn it's training them to pass exams.

Quite. Training is what you do to dogs (much as I like the furry little devils), education is what you should do for people.

I'm sure I could have done that too!

Quite. Training is what you do to dogs (much as I like the furry little devils), education is what you should do for people.

It's very interesting when you see children "learn", as they get something, for the first time! I would not be interested in "league tables", or exam results! In the World of today, I would be a crap teacher!

Get a girlfriend, who's a teacher, then every night you can have the whole experience, of everything the kids said and did that day plus all the bitter politics and backbiting in the staffroom*, second-hand.

What is also important, not to forget, is that your day at work can never possibly be as bad as you're not working to help educate kids, from low social groups, to a sufficient standard they can obtain enough part-time work to keep them in alcohol and soft drugs when they finally abandon some sort of BS vocational college course at 18.

Also never ever blow a gasket and say 'ok some of the kids are undoubtedly the result of unplanned pregnancies from benefits reliant parents on rough sink estates but you do realise you are not actually Michelle Pfeiffer in Dangerous Minds FFS'.

*You must pay careful attention at the transition stage from classroom to staffroom as the childishness of the behaviour will not alone allow you to easily make a distinction between them.

Get a girlfriend, who's a teacher, then every night you can have the whole experience, of everything the kids said and did that day plus all the bitter politics and backbiting in the staffroom, second-hand.

What is also important, not to forget, is that your day at work can never possibly be as bad as you're not working to help educate kids, from low social groups, to a sufficient standard they can obtain enough part-time work to keep them in alcohol and soft drugs when they finally abandon some sort of BS vocational college course at 18.

Also never ever blow a gasket and say 'ok some of the kids are undoubtedly the result of unplanned pregnancies from benefits reliant parents on rough sink estates but you do realise you are not actually Michelle Pfeiffer in Dangerous Minds FFS'.

I had that many years back! She called it "zoo-keeping"! And she was a nice lady too!

I had that many years back! She called it "zoo-keeping"! And she was a nice lady too!

Did she talk a lot about cleaning them with a long brush and bucket of water and of shovelling sh1t out of their cages?

Did she talk a lot about cleaning them with a long brush and bucket of water and of shovelling sh1t out of their cages?

It was London!