House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
londislagerhound

A Three Bedroom Four Bedroom House - Not That You Can See It.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-44122648.html

Truly shocking. A terraced new-build so embarrassingly crammed in to the plot that there's no exterior photo. There's no garage either, or front garden, or anywhere to put your bins. There's barely room for a shed either.

On the plus side there are either three or four bedrooms depending on whether you believe the title or key features and there appear to be some storage jars.

You can't even look at the place with streetview, because all it shows is the one pub demolished to make way for seven houses.

The open-plan ground floor is a plus too. None of those wall things to afford anyone some peace and quiet.

You maybe haven't seen a truly small house. I reckon all those bedrooms are bigger than average for a new build. You can barely get a double bed and a chest of drawers in them round here.

Having a bedroom and living room on the same floor (2nd floor) would put me off. Looks like it overlooks Wellington rugby ground though!

Edited by deflation

The Victorians must have been good at keeping house prices high, when you see how tightly packed the terrace houses of the day were. If the people could have afforded to they would have built houses on larger plots of land.

Perhaps this high house price scam's been going on since the late 1800's with a small exception of 1990 to 2001.

Sorry but it doesn't look that bad to me. Like one of the other posters said, the bedrooms are larger than most of what's built around here now. However I agree with the comments about outside space, you need a diveway and/or garage these days.

This house is not *that* bad. It's like a super-sized London terrace, with space out the back for bikes and a BBQ. It is a bit over-engineered though - too many bedrooms and bathrooms for the total square footage. They should have just made it a two bed and been more generous with the sitting room & storage (which appears limited!). Would probably be an okay home for a couple with young kids (master, spare + kids room).

This house is not *that* bad. It's like a super-sized London terrace, with space out the back for bikes and a BBQ. It is a bit over-engineered though - too many bedrooms and bathrooms for the total square footage. They should have just made it a two bed and been more generous with the sitting room & storage (which appears limited!). Would probably be an okay home for a couple with young kids (master, spare + kids room).

+1. Too many bogs. Should've made larger kitchen/diner + one small ground floor room (or better, a front and garage).

"Allocated parking". I.e. learn to argue with your neighbours. (I've rented in a house with allocated parking and it was a nightmare)