House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200p

Creme Egg

Worth a try?

Butcher Graham Eyes from Southport, Merseyside has created Scotch Crème Eggs – that is a Cadbury’s Crème Egg wrapped in sausage meat and seasonings.

"You've got the sweetness from the chocolate, contrasting with the chilli and lime that we use in the coating - but the flavours go really well together.”

o-SCOTCH-CREME-EGGS-570.jpg

1. Pre-heat your oven to 190 C / 375 F / Gas Mark 5. Unwrap one 34g Cadbury's Creme Egg.
2. Take two 60g pork sausages and remove the outer casing, before mixing together.
3. Encase the Cadbury's Creme Egg inside the sausage meat.
4. Rub the encased egg in a blend of finely chopped chilli (deseed if necessary to reduce heat) and lime juice.
5. De-crust two slices of white bread and place in a blender. Blitz for 30 seconds or until it becomes a fine texture.
6. Rub the encased egg in the breadcrumbs and place on a baking tray.
7. Cook for 35 minutes.
8. Lightly dust chocolate powder to finish. Serve with whipped cream or custard.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/11/easter-scotch-creme-eggs-meaty-chocolate-abomination-pictures_n_5131607.html

Worth a try?

Butcher Graham Eyes from Southport, Merseyside has created Scotch Crème Eggs – that is a Cadbury’s Crème Egg wrapped in sausage meat and seasonings.

"You've got the sweetness from the chocolate, contrasting with the chilli and lime that we use in the coating - but the flavours go really well together.”

o-SCOTCH-CREME-EGGS-570.jpg

1. Pre-heat your oven to 190 C / 375 F / Gas Mark 5. Unwrap one 34g Cadbury's Creme Egg.

2. Take two 60g pork sausages and remove the outer casing, before mixing together.

3. Encase the Cadbury's Creme Egg inside the sausage meat.

4. Rub the encased egg in a blend of finely chopped chilli (deseed if necessary to reduce heat) and lime juice.

5. De-crust two slices of white bread and place in a blender. Blitz for 30 seconds or until it becomes a fine texture.

6. Rub the encased egg in the breadcrumbs and place on a baking tray.

7. Cook for 35 minutes.

8. Lightly dust chocolate powder to finish. Serve with whipped cream or custard.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/11/easter-scotch-creme-eggs-meaty-chocolate-abomination-pictures_n_5131607.html

Blood and guts I can stomach, but that product actually makes me feel quite queasy

Blood and guts I can stomach, but that product actually makes me feel quite queasy

I coudn't eat it without pickled onions! :blink:

If you are prepared to eat Cadburys 'chocolate' then IMPO you should be prepared to put up with whatever fat they call chocolate nowadays.

Used to be lovely back in the 1970s but only today I found myself in a small Tesco where the choice of chocolate was only Cadburys or Rowntrees. I did not buy either.

If you are prepared to eat Cadburys 'chocolate' then IMPO you should be prepared to put up with whatever fat they call chocolate nowadays.

Used to be lovely back in the 1970s but only today I found myself in a small Tesco where the choice of chocolate was only Cadburys or Rowntrees. I did not buy either.

Nestlé is Rountrees.

You basically have the Mars, Cadbury and Nestlé cartel.

Nestlé is Rountrees.

You basically have the Mars, Cadbury and Nestlé cartel.

All crap aren't they - loads of sugar, very little actual chocolate cocoa content. Tastes nothing like the various brands did 20 or 30 years ago. IMPO they just are milking, no pun intended, all the UK sugar addicts.

Go to Switzerland and see the quality of the chocolate they eat there would be a good idea for all Brits.

needs brown sauce

Bourgeoisie imperialist!

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2015/jan/05/-sp-brown-sauce-sales-are-falling-has-britain-finally-come-to-its-senses

Wait a few weeks if you want cheapness. They did some halloween creme eggs down at wilko about a week after halloween. Reduced the price to 20 for a quid...

Could be worse.

Kraft could be making you eat US chocolate that notoriously tastes of vomit because of the butyric acid that is added back in the manufacturing process.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hershey_bar

Anyway Cadbury's Creme Eggs have always tasted disgusting.

At least the downsizing of the packet from 6 eggs to 5 means people wont be eating so much of this muck

All crap aren't they - loads of sugar, very little actual chocolate cocoa content. Tastes nothing like the various brands did 20 or 30 years ago. IMPO they just are milking, no pun intended, all the UK sugar addicts.

Go to Switzerland and see the quality of the chocolate they eat there would be a good idea for all Brits.

Yes all crap.....the chocolate is no way the same as it used to be....all sickly and slimy and of poor quality.....no longer buy any of it.

I only find chocolate (any) at all tempting when I've been off the beer for a week or so; it must be the sugar that I'm craving.

We had it at work at Christmas when people who liked chocolate a lot but didn't want to be thought of as greedy would go round offering them to everybody when they had one; mostly I used to put them on my desk and sneak them back into the tin later. It's not self-control when you don't fancy it in the first place.

But which is the fake?

cadbury-creme-eggs.jpg

I likes a spot the difference puzzle.

At the right hand end of the barcode there are three thin black bands on the left hand egg and only two on the right hand egg.

Although you would have to be rather keen on Creme Eggs to have memorised the bar code.

And they may both be real; one may be from a multipack or Easter egg hence the different barcode.

The sense of entitlement on this thread is overwhelming.

No doubt you all buy expensive chocolate "because you're worth it".

I'd say it depends on how much of a chocoholic you are. I tend to but the more expensive higher cocoa stuff but I don't eat a great deal of chocolate - I guess it's healthier than the high sugar option. OTOH my booze consumption is on the other end of the scale and while I'd prefer to buy real/craft ale/lager/cider I don't half consume some absolute dross! (Get's the job done though)!

The sense of entitlement on this thread is overwhelming.

No doubt you all buy expensive chocolate "because you're worth it".

Didn't buy any chocolate for here this year. Still got given a lot. All eaten now. But no tins of sweets for us (Boo hiss cos there's anow a heroes tin with tolberone in and creme egg thingys)