House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Banner

The Security Of Having A Home Of Your Own...........

Conservative manifesto launch

Mr Cameron has five economic commitments. The first is to get the government's budget back to a surplus by 2017. That will require £30bn, yes, £30bn of savings (or cuts). But he argues that means reducing government spending by just 1% per year.

Didn't realise our deficit was so small, only £30bn of cuts needed....

Mr Cameron has five economic commitments. The first is to get the government's budget back to a surplus by 2017. That will require £30bn, yes, £30bn of savings (or cuts). But he argues that means reducing government spending by just 1% per year.

If I look at their promises from the last time, it seems to me, they lied. I think they might be lying again.

Remeber the promise to help savers. To cut the deficit. To get immigration down to a low level.

In retorspect, they have done none of that, which in my world is lying.

Lying to get something, is fraud.

Fraud at this level should be punishable by the very minimum of a full life sentence.

If I look at their promises from the last time, it seems to me, they lied. I think they might be lying again.

Remeber the promise to help savers. To cut the deficit. To get immigration down to a low level.

In retorspect, they have done none of that, which in my world is lying.

Lying to get something, is fraud.

Fraud at this level should be punishable by the very minimum of a full life sentence.

I repost this occasionally when the need arises and now I think is the time here, we have to remember that manifesto promises are not subject to legitimate expectations this has been proved in a court of law, so a politician can make any promises they like and never have to come good with any of them, ever. Until this is changed, in law, you should hold anything promised in an election manifesto with this in mind:

http://4liberty.org.uk/2012/09/29/remember-manifesto-promises-are-not-subject-to-legitimate-expectations/

Was that "having" your own home, or "owning" your own home? There's a difference that may not be immediately obvious to that idiot....

Edited by AThirdWay

But will continue to allow (encourage) the private banks to add as much debt/money as they can...

So basically, more money for education/healthcare BAD, more money for house price bubbles GOOD.

I repost this occasionally when the need arises and now I think is the time here, we have to remember that manifesto promises are not subject to legitimate expectations this has been proved in a court of law, so a politician can make any promises they like and never have to come good with any of them, ever. Until this is changed, in law, you should hold anything promised in an election manifesto with this in mind:

http://4liberty.org.uk/2012/09/29/remember-manifesto-promises-are-not-subject-to-legitimate-expectations/

Fair point. So what politicians say are not worth the paper they're not written on.

They whole system needs changing.

I'll just put my 'sig' in the main part of my message

I didn't think it was possible to loathe the Tories in 2014 as much as I loathed Labour in 2010 as much as I loathed the Tories in 1997

I remember recently an old lady lost her (fully paid for home).

A postie delivering an unwanted item of junk mail slipped on her path and sued her. She had to sell the house to pay compensation and huge legal costs awarded against her.

A postie delivering an unwanted item of junk mail slipped on her path and sued her. She had to sell the house to pay compensation and huge legal costs awarded against her.

There's nowt as safe as bricks and mortar.

I call bs. Link?

Blah, blah, blah.

No decent policy, no vote. I don't want empathy, I want somewhere to live.

There are plenty of good housing policies that could be implemented tomorrow at zero cost to the taxpayer. Give private tenants more security of tenure. Ban letting agent fees for tenants. Liberalise planning. Stop poncing about in high viz and f-ing get on with it.

Edited by Dorkins

+1. Maybe in America

Big money to be made out of the blame claim industry.... Fear and insurances.....everyone ends up paying the high price for it.