House Price Crash Forum
kjw

So This Is Why Myleene Got So Cross With Ed Mansion Tax

Aaah, suddenly things appear a little clearer, Myleene has only gone and bought herself an 8-bedroom 'garage' ;) [apologies for source]

MANSION tax campaigner Myleene Klass has snapped up a £3million eight-bed house in an upmarket London suburb.

Myleene — recently took on Labour leader Ed Miliband to task over his plans to tax homes worth £2million or more — saying 'you'll get just a garage'

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/6252926/Is-this-why-Myleene-got-so-cross-with-Ed-mansion-tax.html?CMP=spklr-129050142-Editorial-TWITTER-TheSunNewspaper-20150111-Showbiz%2FCelebrity

3m for that :lol: another load of cash lost

she`s not good at picking houses

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/myleene-klass-loses-700000-home-1728526

Difficult to tell, without further research, if she actually made a loss with that house. Reduction in asking price, not same as a loss.

Latest purchase from Daily Mail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2905350/No-wonder-s-not-keen-Miliband-s-mansion-tax-Mylene-Klass-hit-buying-3MILLION-eight-bed-semi.html

Testing my skills, although there is no archive listing pics for it on RM or Zoopla, but I'm not going to post up any details to give any fix on the address - she can have her main privacy... will keep it to the level the MSM have reported, but can at least look at the HPI history.

So she would have committed at this point, in fact paid, pre her tax-water piece vs Milliband mansion tax?

Price Paid: £3,075,000. Sale Date: 31 Jul 2014

Price Paid: £1,475,000. Sale Date: 31 Mar 2004

Price Paid: £750,000. Sale Date: 07 Apr 1999

17csq0.jpg

No other houses on the road for sale at the moment. It's going to be a slow-burn recognition, on the stamp duty change, non-dom fee hikes, on top of previous offshore company changes.... the fact we're heading into steep deflation, the fact the HPI isn't all locked in... in my opinion. Slow then fast.

Edited by Venger

was getting a bit worked up about this (quite rare now!) but seeing that she has been affected suddenly gives me a warm feeling :)

should keep this thread going watching the street so we can see how much the selfish 'alright jack' woman looses. Nothing like having a good old HPC thread haunting your overpriced property.

Difficult to tell, without further research, if she actually made a loss with that house. Reduction in asking price, not same as a loss.

"According to records, Miss Klass bought the house for £2.14 million in December 2009 – and helpfully, for her, the property is in her name only."]

£2.14 million paid before making it look pretty, celeb`s are not known for shopping around to save money so i can assume a few 100k was spent on it or more who knows , all we can assume is 350k at least was lost .

no doubt the previous owner found a mug in 2009 when houses where selling 30% below 2007 prices. it`s easy to spend "garage money" to use her phrase on buying house`s when it comes so easy for not doing much at all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2158935/Myleene-Klass-puts-marital-home-sale-2-5million-Graham-Quinn-walks-out.html

If Londoners can afford £2m+ for a basic house then they can certainly afford to bail out the rest of the country via a mansion tax. It's hard to argue otherwise and I look forward to my share of the proceeds being spent in somerset.

You mean her argument wasn't based on any well thought out evidence based economic insight?

How shocking.

Marks and Spencers clothes. The shoppers bought into the celebrity dream and she bought her dream house with that premium.

Edited by crashmonitor

The fact that Myleene got the better of the Millipede shows he's not the kind of leader required. It should've been a golden opportunity to set her ideas straight.

When she said, "you can't just point at something and tax it", he should've said "Oh yes I can...!" And then gone on how to explain how he is going to hammer unearned income etc.

Marks and Spencers clothes. The shoppers bought into the celebrity dream and she bought her dream house with that premium.

Not many clothes on show in this one ...

The fact that Myleene got the better of the Millipede shows he's not the kind of leader required. It should've been a golden opportunity to set her ideas straight.

When she said, "you can't just point at something and tax it", he should've said "Oh yes I can...!" And then gone on how to explain how he is going to hammer unearned income etc.

Did she? I thought she came across as a pushy 'mad' woman. Of course the British media painted it as a cruel humiliation of Ed Milliband.

Now she has been shown to be just a shill for wealth stealers.

is it me or does that look like any suburban zone 5 street ?? 3m quid ? probably the same vendor who off loaded the last dud :lol:

Yes. Looks like the sort of place I wouldn't want to live.

Not many clothes on show in this one ...

nothing special , seen better than her taking a deposit off me in the bank .

natwest i mean nothing sordid