House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth

The Outlook Is Rosy And Everybody Is Down

I don't get it. Its all doom and gloom on this site. even though the outlook has never been better:

• Houseprices are wobbling like a drunk
  • Sipps housing investment has been invented and trashed in pretty much the same month
  • Every dicky scheme to keep house prices up has come crashing down.
  • and gold is up (which works for some of us - not for me but you don't hear me snear and wish ill on your investment... which leads to...

Cheer up guys. The time is soon. And in the meantime...

Those people that criticise the people on this site for being mean and bitter... I think they might be right. Victory is a chance to show magnimity, not to be bitter and spiteful and point scoring.

(eg: People are laughing their heads off at everybody elses misfortune etc.).

Its just not cricket and its just not nice.

:D:P:lol::wub:B);)

Ashes or no ashes, as an Englishman I'm not about to start lecturing an Aussie about the rules of cricket.

Having said that I'm sure we can all agree that sore losing breeds a lack of magnanimity. Maybe you might wanna tell your countryman TTRTR that! ;)

Doom and gloom? Me? I'm having a party, my fellow HMO-dweller...as for laughing at other peoples' misfortunes, well maybe just a little, but hey, I've had my nose rubbed in it often enough. And safely tucked away at the bottom of my bed is a litre of Baileys for Xmas, from me to me...heavily discounted at a high street supermarket not a million miles away.

Sure there's a bit of meanness and bitterness involved but it seems to me a lot of the peeps on the receiving end of this had it coming. Loadsamoney in your face btl portfolio'ing isn't very attractive, feels rather more to me like some semblance of justice being done - and being seen to be done. At least I'm a step closer to getting out of HMO land. Enjoy... ;):D

I don't get it. Its all doom and gloom on this site. even though the outlook has never been better:

• Sipps housing investment has been invented and trashed in pretty much the same month

• and gold is up (which works for some of us - not for me but you don't hear me snear and wish ill on your investment... which leads to...

Those people that criticise the people on this site for being mean and bitter... I think they might be right. Victory is a chance to show magnimity, not to be bitter and spiteful and point scoring.

got to admit it regulars. the boards sure are boring without a few bullish posts........

couple really cool moderate bulls PM'd me telling me to forget wasting me time on this forum, b/c unless you agree with the majority you get abused & called troll/w$$k$$ etc, etc. Not in least bit bothered personally by that. But did find it very interesting that loads very IMPORTANT factual info came out of the arguments..sorry debates from some people on here who really know their stuff.

But SOME of the post with all this "let them go down the gutter" "feck em the greedy b's" well it is a bit NAFF don't you think? You guys who are sure of your facts, can argue your case with conviction and gain respect. And to the others why the vile posts/anger? Surely things are looking good for you? Just IMO for what it is worth.

Edited by beenhearingthisforyears

People are singing christmas carols on one thread Elizabeth. It's not so gloomy.

got to admit it regulars. the boards sure are boring without a few bullish posts........

couple really cool moderate bulls PM'd me telling me to forget wasting me time on this forum, b/c unless you agree with the majority you get abused & called troll/w$$k$$ etc, etc. Not in least bit bothered personally by that. But did find it very interesting that loads very IMPORTANT factual info came out of the arguments..sorry debates from some people on here who really know their stuff.

But SOME of the post with all this "let them go down the gutter" "feck em the greedy b's" well it is a bit NAFF don't you think? You guys who are sure of your facts, can argue your case with conviction and gain respect. And to the others why the vile posts/anger? Surely things are looking good for you? Just IMO for what it is worth.

beenhearingthisforyears

I was going to read your thread about the BOE saying that interest rates are staying the same but it's gone. Am I going mad and imagined this?

:o

As I said in a previous thread, I won't be happy until...

a) the correction is in full swing

b ) everyone is fully aware of it

c) it's very clear that a generation was duped into beleiving there was a shortage of houses

d) Inflation figures were kept artificially low

e) IR's should have been higher than they are

f) the HM was driven by investors and other VI's

A lie has speed, but the truth has endurance

Edited by Ritters

I don't get it. Its all doom and gloom on this site.

Lizzie babes,

There is no doom and gloom on this site, only us Bears Having A Party.

You are welcome to join in my Bear-Pride-Parade!

Who will be strong and stand with me?

Somewhere across the Juliet balcony (with an oblique view across Manchester) is there a world you want to see?

Does the beating of your heart echo the beating of the drum?

There is new life about to start (with all these priced-out twenty somethings raring to 'get it on') when the House Price Crash comes!

:lol:

Love to all,

MegaFlop.

xxxxx

As I said in a previous thread, I won't be happy until...

a) the correction is in full swing

b ) everyone is fully aware of it

c) it's very clear that a generation was duped into beleiving there was a shortage of houses

d) Inflation figures were kept artificially low

e) IR's should have been higher than they are

f) the HM was driven by investors and other VI's

A lie has speed, but the truth has endurance

I really wouldn't postpone your happiness until everyone is aware of the house price correction.

As is clear from the level of debt some people have - there are a lot of people who don't want to think about or be aware of what is going on in their own lives let alone being open to an awareness of what is going on in the wider UK / world economy.

I would like everyone to turn around and say - "actually you are right, buying now is a bad idea" but remember the crash is going to be full of false troughs, the VI will keep saying for years "OK, prices have dropped a bit but they're starting to go up again now so you'd better buy now" and the public will believe this.

So every few months for years and years we are going to have people coming up to us and saying "look the markets picking up again now, you'd better buy now before you miss the boat".

Its already happened to me once, I got my parents to accept that perhaps houses are a tad overpriced and possibly there will be a small correction, but within weeks they were saying "prices are going to go up again because of SIPPs, buy now before you miss the boat".

Then this week I told them about residential property not being eligible for SIPPs and they are back to thinking that price will stagnate / correct a little bit.

However I just know that in a few weeks time they will see some VI talking up the market on the TV and they will be back on the phone telling me to "buy, buy, buy"

Basically very few people have awareness of the economy and economic policy anyway.

Wider awareness of the house price crash just isn't going to happen.

People are singing christmas carols on one thread Elizabeth. It's not so gloomy.

beenhearingthisforyears

I was going to read your thread about the BOE saying that interest rates are staying the same but it's gone. Am I going mad and imagined this?

:o

no sorry about that, you did not imagine it. i was emailed unconfirmed info by a friend as a joke and posted b4 checking my facts..(yes i know my m8's are still ringing me to take the p$£3) , so i asked moderator to pull the thread. it was my error and still wiping the egg off my face...............getting a little trigger happy and hyper about it al to be honest........but after a lie down with a wet flannel on my head feel much better...........

Edited by beenhearingthisforyears

Wider awareness of the house price crash just isn't going to happen.

You missed "right now" from the end of that sentence.

:P

ive seen it before in gw1 just after we entered iraq on that fateful day in january 1991.

battle fatigue.

(usa fugazi)

The drummer out of Fugazi is a friend of mine. Met him when we lived in DC, they played the Astoria recently.

Oh yes, (general comment on this thread) should just also add that as yet house prices don't seem to be materially falling so however much they should or could it is a little premature to talk about an HPC in the present tense. Leave the Champagne in your SIPPs a bit longer.

Edited by BoredTrainBuilder

The drummer out of Fugazi is a friend of mine. Met him when we lived in DC, they played the Astoria recently.

never had you pegged as the arty type BTB. Goes to show that appearances can be deceptive! ;)

Lizzie babes,

There is no doom and gloom on this site, only us Bears Having A Party.

You are welcome to join in my Bear-Pride-Parade!

Who will be strong and stand with me?

Somewhere across the Juliet balcony (with an oblique view across Manchester) is there a world you want to see?

Does the beating of your heart echo the beating of the drum?

There is new life about to start (with all these priced-out twenty somethings raring to 'get it on') when the House Price Crash comes!

:lol:

Love to all,

MegaFlop.

xxxxx

I'll join your Bear Pride Parade...

The beating of my heart IS the beating of the drum!

but why does it have to be in Manchester... oops forgot... you get a terrorist conviction if you do it in London! Can't have that. Can you see the headlines?

"1,000 bears arrested at Downing Street!"

"Bears complain of police brutality"

"Winnie the Poo arrested at gun-point"

Would put a bit of strain on the prison system ...

Do you know of any good specialty bear suit traders?

Love and hugs to all,

GoalBirdBear

:wub::wub::wub:

Funny that, i just made a post in off topic about people being p*ssed off, didnt see this yesterday

:)

you're quite right liz.....although what you have just described is exactly what BTL have been doing for the past few years...gloating about the expanse of their "portfolio" without a second thought to those who would have bought had they not been priced out.

...a little payback may teach some of them the lesson of humility,and I think we are perfectly within our rights to gloat a bit....it's self-centred I know....after all we are like a VI in a way.

you're quite right liz.....although what you have just described is exactly what BTL have been doing for the past few years...gloating about the expanse of their "portfolio" without a second thought to those who would have bought had they not been priced out.

...a little payback may teach some of them the lesson of humility,and I think we are perfectly within our rights to gloat a bit....it's self-centred I know....after all we are like a VI in a way.

I do understand the sentiment, but I don't think it terribly classy m'Dear!

I have the belief that when we let other people's behaviour affect us, we give them power. If its rotten behaviour then more power than they deserve. That goes for BTLs, bad landlord, Banks, EAs and each other!!! You are right Oracle, we are all VIs, but lets do it with some suave B) Lets not collectively be pigs, singing or otherwise... I don't want to be like them.

Anyway, I woke up yesterday morning in my HMO with the shared bathroom, and somebody elses washing up not done for 2 days, fighting over the toaster and the toilet not flushing, and not having done the washing in a fortnight, its difficult to find a pair of clean knickers ( :o too much detail? ) feeling great anyway... but everybody on this site seemed to be looking at a half empty glass, so I felt to share my positivity with a world of jaded cyber spirits :D

What are we going to call the site when the crash is manifest?

I'll join your Bear Pride Parade...

I'm afraid the bear parade is off, chaps.

Today I learned that a "bear" is actually something completely different to what I had been lead to believe it was.

I was at that gig, BoredTrainBuilder.

Fugazi are/were an inspiration for life.

We could have talked Fugazi at the pub meet the other night...darn.

Not cricket? ... It's not even baseball !

I agree.

I find it bizarre that some people come onto this thread, and post nonsense like:

"Bears, where is your crash?"

When the reality is:

+ Those who are renting rather than owning are saving money each month,

+ If they have their money invested in commodities, they are getting wealthier each month,

and maybe quickly, if they have a little luck with tehir investments.

Meantime, the heavily-indebted homeowners are:

+ Struggling to make theis mortgage payments,

+ Have imapired their lifestyles,

+ Must be getting worried about possible price-falls

Exactly Dr Bubb , but is it sinking in yet out there?

I'm afraid the bear parade is off, chaps.

Today I learned that a "bear" is actually something completely different to what I had been lead to believe it was.

lol pehaps it should be done bare, or maybe form a hetrosexual bear market influenced league against inflated house prices...

Quite right - I say, Elizabeth, good show all round, well done that woman, what? Bloody good innings! :)