House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

longgone

No Such Thing As A Free Lunch! Lavish Lords Restaurants Serving Cut Price Lobster, Caviar And Guinea Fowl Lose £2Million A Year. And You Pick Up The

If you are settling in for a solid afternoon's sleep in the Upper Chamber, you need a good lunch to sustain you until the bar opens.

So they get paid £300 for turning up, which more than likely means they turn up, have a discounted lunch and then leave picking up the £300 attendance fee.

Can I have a job like this please where I get paid to have lunch.

The Lords should be abolished. There are plenty of healthy, successful democracies with single chamber Parliaments e.g. most of the Nordics and New Zealand. It is not needed.

What? Where would the bishops go for lunch then? I would say it is very much needed.

It's ridiculous that the bishops and hereditary peers are still there hundreds of years after everybody else abolished the medieval Estates that society was divided into. It's as if the Enlightenment just passed Westminster by.