House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DTMark

The Sounds Of Sodomy

This has had me laughing for days.

Tweeters in Ireland are hysterically laughing over an anti-gay group's pamphlet that warns of the "Sounds Of Sodomy."

"Should children be exposed to sounds of sodomy?"

"Should children be exposed to this beastly obsession with unholy acts?"

"Should the sounds of sodomy echo in the halls of a Christian home?"

Those questions, and presumably others, are part of a Christian group's campaign to derail same-sex marriage in Ireland, on which voters will decide in May. They are included in a pamphlet being handed out, reportedly to much laughter across the Emerald Isle.

"At this very moment the liberal agenda conspires to undermine Gods Word and is drafting law to allow homosexuals to adopt children," the leaflet warns, urging voters to contact their representatives.

While it's unknown which Christian group produced the anti-gay propaganda, equality supporters were quick to mock it on social media so much so that it trended in Ireland.

B6laD95IcAAnNfT.jpg

In response to this, some creative people have come up with some genius.

B6m9HhdIgAI6x6X.jpg

.. and this..

B6midn2CUAAF-kb.jpg

My personal favourite..

1413485089380_wps_8_PARIS_FRANCE_OCTOBER

This has had me laughing for days.

In response to this, some creative people have come up with some genius.

.. and this..

My personal favourite..

I thought you had started up a new record label. ^_^

What intrigues me the most about the original campaign, is what that little girl is supposed to be afraid of.

Maybe she's just wringing her hands at the futility of it all.

I am having my doubts about you DTMark. I am beginning to think that you might be a shirt-lifter :unsure:

Oh no, you have become politically incorrect! Next you'll be telling me you are Welsh.

Do you think so?

;)

(grins manically)

Oh, and sacrament is spelled, well, like I have spelled it.

There are some things to take offence to and argue against, and there are some things which are just so petty, bigoted, shit-for-brains stupid that they're just hilarious.

Edit: It's even got me spelling things wrong.

Oh no, you have become politically incorrect! Next you'll be telling me you are Welsh.

The Welsh don't exist. It is all an elaborate plan by the super-rich and powerful to stop you venturing over the bridges into a lack of milk and honey. Why do you think that they put a toll on those bridges?

What you need is to organise a mass sodomy protest - get thousands of Irish men, women... and whoever or whatever... to have a sodomise each other in the name of free speech. Would need huge amounts of baby oil though.

I always get buggery and sodomy mixed up - under UK law they are technically different. One is male on female and the other is male on male but I can never remember which is which. We had a big thread about it on here a few years back.

The Yanks get very confused and seem unable, dependent upon which state you are in, to differeniate between sodomy and buggery.

The Welsh don't exist. It is all an elaborate plan by the super-rich and powerful to stop you venturing over the bridges into a lack of milk and honey. Why do you think that they put a toll on those bridges?

Is it because people will think "if it's cheap or free, it will be crap"?

What you need is to organise a mass sodomy protest - get thousands of Irish men, women... and whoever or whatever... to have a sodomise each other in the name of free speech. Would need huge amounts of baby oil though.

I always get buggery and sodomy mixed up - under UK law they are technically different. One is male on female and the other is male on male but I can never remember which is which. We had a big thread about it on here a few years back.

The Yanks get very confused and seem unable, dependent upon which state you are in, to differeniate between sodomy and buggery.

Must admit I thought that sodomy was sex with animals.

For the purpose of clarification - it would be easy to suppose I'm really angry about this. Not the animals thing, the poster.

But it's just so funny that I just can't care. The best thing to do with bigots is to give them enough proverbial rope.

I don't like this "righteous" anti-gay lunacy. Most people now somebody gay. And Mark, I'll bet everyone you know, knows somebody gay.

My customary response to sufficiently obnoxious religious bigotry is "Bugger God"[1]. But perhaps "Sod God" has a certain ring to it.

[1] I wonder if the HPC prude will make me edit that?

I don't like this "righteous" anti-gay lunacy. Most people now somebody gay. And Mark, I'll bet everyone you know, knows somebody gay.

That's a very serious point from you ;)

It's often said that about 1 in 10 people are "not straight".

I'd personally say that about 2 in every 100 men are gay, at the most.

But I think that you are right - because people are more open now, many people know someone who is gay. Or black. Or Muslim. Or even Christian.

And when you know someone who falls into the category being ranted against, everything changes.

My customary response to sufficiently obnoxious religious bigotry is "Bugger God"[1]. But perhaps "Sod God" has a certain ring to it.

[1] I wonder if the HPC prude will make me edit that?

I was just wondering why the Irish lot chose sodomy and not buggery? Someone should ask them if they are pro-buggery? I would.

Re: the first picture, I'm sure that the last thing children want to hear is parents (whatever their current preferences are) engaging in sodomy. :blink:

Wouldn't it be prudent to soundproof bedroom walls and ceilings in houses? Problem solved!

There's an idea for Bovis, Barrett, Wilson Connolly, Wimpey, et al! :D

That's a very serious point from you ;)

And when you know someone who falls into the category being ranted against, everything changes.

I'm full of surprises! :blink:;)

I always get buggery and sodomy mixed up - under UK law they are technically different. One is male on female and the other is male on male but I can never remember which is which.

I thought they were the same thing. :blink: Bugger!

:lol: