House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Gordon Brown Saved My Dad

Well, chaps (and OnlyMe because you appear to be a cat and I don't know how to tell the sex of a cat), today at work I've been on the edge of my seat with worry.

But worry no more because, tonight, I have just learned that "The Flat" (the doubly-priced one next to a canal just down from the pub in a working class town in Manchester) was never going to be funded through SIPPs anyway, and that the SIPPs were only going to be used to buy the other properties in the portfolio.

So, it would seem that...

:o!!!!Gordon Brown Saved My Dad From Being A Property Developer With SIPPS!!!!! :o

Who'd have thought it just a week ago, eh? A week is a LONG TIME in being a bear, you know.

Gosh, I feel so much better. All we have to worry about now is the seeming lack of price-support in this increasingly whiffy market as a result of the mild-and-on-going Credit Crunch.

Anyhow, to make us all feel a little bit better, I am thinking about organising a BEAR PRIDE PARADE. We can all dress up. Think -- er -- BUNGLE BEAR, or maybe YOGI at a stretch. We can bring bells, horns and placards. I do believe (although cannot confirm) that these events normally take place next to canals with pubs ... Now where are we going to find one of those????

:unsure:

Mega.

Well, chaps (and OnlyMe because you appear to be a cat and I don't know how to tell the sex of a cat), today at work I've been on the edge of my seat with worry.

But worry no more because, tonight, I have just learned that "The Flat" (the doubly-priced one next to a canal just down from the pub in a working class town in Manchester) was never going to be funded through SIPPs anyway, and that the SIPPs were only going to be used to buy the other properties in the portfolio.

:o!!!!Gordon Brown Saved My Dad From Being A Property Developer With SIPPS!!!!! :o

Who'd have thought it just a week ago, eh? A week is a LONG TIME in being a bear, you know.

Gosh, I feel so much better. All we have to worry about now is the seeming lack of price-support in this increasingly whiffy market as a result of the mild-and-on-going Credit Crunch.

Anyhow, to make us all feel a little bit better, I am thinking about organising a BEAR PRIDE PARADE. We can all dress up. Think -- er -- BUNGLE BEAR, or maybe YOGI at a stretch. We can bring bells, horns and placards. I do believe (although cannot confirm) that these events normally take place next to canals with pubs ... Now where are we going to find one of those????

Mega.

Perhaps now is the time you should get the power of attorney documents sorted.

:)

"Bear Pride" that's a good one.

I reckon I'll dress up as a Care Bear. It'll make us look less agressive to the masses, and will put me in touch with my feminine side. :lol:

Mega.

Bear pride demo on canal street? :o I think not :unsure: Good news on Pop front, does he fancy attending the next Inside Track meeting next week at Cheshire Oaks?..could be fun :P

I am thinking about organising a BEAR PRIDE PARADE.

Are you crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did it not occur to you that BEAR is a homonym of BARE!!!!!!! :(

We can all dress up. Think -- er -- BUNGLE BEAR, or maybe YOGI at a stretch. We can bring bells, horns and placards

Oh yes, I can see it all right. I can see a megaflop next to a mega horn. I can see placards saying "homes for all," next to placards saying "cottaging for all." And I can see headlines saying "If you go down in the woods today you're sure of a big surprise!"

Edited by Sledgehead

Are you crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did it not occur to you that BEAR is a homonym of BARE!!!!!!! :(

Oh yes, I can see it all right. I can see a megaflop next to a mega horn. I can see placards saying "homes for all," next to placards saying "cottaging for all." And I can see headlines saying "If you go down in the woods today you're sure of a big surprise!"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I reckon I'll dress up as a Care Bear. It'll make us look less agressive to the masses, and will put me in touch with my feminine side.

Warks, you would make a lovely Care Bear. Oh, and don't forget to bring your pussy!

Good news on Pop front, does he fancy attending the next Inside Track meeting next week at Cheshire Oaks?..could be fun

It is inadvertent, but fortuitously, good news! My mother threatened splitting the bank accounts (amongst other things). I had visions of myself (30) and my sister (25) becoming mere pawns, embroiled at the centre of an unpalatable and possibly bitter custody battle.

He would LOVE to attend I am sure. However I will not invite him since he believes that house prices are like -- sniff -- nuns in a whorehouse: They do not go down.

Did it not occur to you that BEAR is a homonym of BARE!!!!!!!

Sledge, as much as I enjoy occasional "natural recreation", it is usually in warmer climes. But each to his own. Cottages would be fine, were it not for the fact that this word has come into disrepute I fear, as it has become misused by Estate Marketeers to represent less desirable properties.

And I can see headlines saying "If you go down in the woods today you're sure of a big surprise!"

There can be no surprise bigger than Gordon's most recent. Our favourite Chancellor Since 1998.

Perhaps now is the time you should get the power of attorney documents sorted.

Mushroom -- Thankyou for your advice. This sounds a good idea but I confess I don't understand what it means.

I used to wear a fake fur coat years ago and used to get called Bungle by my fellow students. Funny peeps.

BearLite -- I will address you as "Bungle" from now on. I hope you find this a comfort.

Regards,

Megaflop.

Edited by megaflop

I suspect that if the parade was held on Canal Street, a lot of people would miss the point.

:lol::lol::lol:

Well, Rave, I've learned something new today. "The Bear Brotherhood Flag". Wow. LMAO!!! :lol:

(Don't know how to post the flag image -- see Rave's link)

But oh no... I'm not a bear. I'm not even an "otter". :o:(

:ph34r:

Some bears place great importance on presenting a hyper-masculine image and shun interaction with men who display effeminate style and mannerisms.

You couldn't make it up... :lol:

Edited by megaflop

But oh no... I'm not a bear. I'm not even an "otter". :o:(

In the light of this knowledge I reckon I have to assert myself as being more of a "beaver" man myself. :lol:

In the light of this knowledge I reckon I have to assert myself as being more of a "beaver" man myself. :lol:

Hang on, I just need to google for "beaver".... :lol:

Edited by megaflop