House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patfig

Market Research Phone Call

So the 'phone rings this evening and it's for me

"Hello"

Hello Patfig I am calling on behalf of David Cameron and whoever the local tory person is

May I have a little of your time to see if there is anything you are concerned with

Well I am just about to serve dinner so I am not really interested................... then I say OH yes there is one thing

" What's that?"

Well I am concerned with personal privacy

" In what respect Patfig"

Well I am X directory and so I am wondering how the f_ck you got my number. ( I was asked for by name)

"Well we have full access to the electoral register"

......... and that gives you access to my 'phone number?

"Yes"

Well tell Mr C to f_ck off he aint getting my vote

Good evening

PF

Did you tick the box not to be on the edited register (that they sell to marketing people)?

Also why are phone numbers on the electoral register?

Also why are phone numbers on the electoral register?

So councils can sell your details to marketers in order to help fund their pensions?

So councils can sell your details to marketers in order to help fund their pensions?

Well tha`ts exactly what the unions do i have been plagued with ambulance chasers asking if i have any loss of hearing due to my work

Just say what I say - that you have a naked oiled woman tied to your bed upstairs and that you have a riding crop in your hand... then ask them if they think you should stay talking to them?

Just say what I say - that you have a naked oiled woman tied to your bed upstairs and that you have a riding crop in your hand... then ask them if they think you should stay talking to them?

Dodgy ground that

Long story short mate was plagued with do you want to remortgage ,come home after a bad day out with wife and kids phone rings and asks if he would like to renew mortgage said it was in wife's name was asked if they could speak to her ..pi$$ed right of he told them no you can`t shes dead on the kitchen floor now just f^ck of 5=10 minutes later he was walking through his front door in his underpants hands above head with a helicopter above the house and cops behind bushes/casr with guns trained on him

What's the point of 'phoning people to ask if they've suffered hearing loss?

LOL.

If they were clever they would speak really softly first as a test and then they would already be one up on the selling pitch.

There is a British legal firm - Quindell or QPP - whose share price rose enormously last year on the basis of them getting into tracking devices in your car. Their share price then tanked on the back of a report from a US firm which claimed, basically, that it was all smoke and mirrors.

Next thing you know the firm was moving intoo industrial deafness claims as they claimed that it was a growth market... but loads of people online were writing that the number of such cases in the UK was tiny.

Anyhow, apparently they are behind a big increase in deafness cold calling - and, online, there are countless posts from people asking what is the point of ringing people up and asking if they are deaf.

The share price has shot up and crashed down several times this year.

I don't answer the phone now if the number is unknown or private on my mobile. I pulled the landline out years ago and am miffed that I have to pay BT £16 a month for a line for my broadband.

There is a British legal firm - Quindell or QPP - whose share price rose enormously last year on the basis of them getting into tracking devices in your car. Their share price then tanked on the back of a report from a US firm which claimed, basically, that it was all smoke and mirrors.

Next thing you know the firm was moving intoo industrial deafness claims as they claimed that it was a growth market... but loads of people online were writing that the number of such cases in the UK was tiny.

Anyhow, apparently they are behind a big increase in deafness cold calling - and, online, there are countless posts from people asking what is the point of ringing people up and asking if they are deaf.

The share price has shot up and crashed down several times this year.

I know a lot of people who have claims going through It`s the new" white finger" as it`s easy to fiddle/ make a false claim, the criteria they are looking for is 1-2 employers over the last 20+ years and the right work environment what % of hearing loss is the last thing they are interested in