House Price Crash Forum
R K

The Super Rich And Us - Housing/inequality/wealth Bbc2

Wot no thread! Bang up the HPC street........

Jacques Peretti

Danny Dorling

Arthur Laffer

Trickle Down

Thatcher

Pickety

House price to income ratios

London house prices

It's all there folks!..........

Jacques Peretti

Danny Dorling

Arthur Laffer

Trickle Down

Thatcher

Pickety

London house prices

Hanauer

Great prog.

Wait til you get to Kevin at the end, if on Iplayer.

He REAALLY WANTS TO BE HIM.

Hopefully a bit out of date re Prime London though eh?

Edited by shindigger

Jacques Peretti

Danny Dorling

Arthur Laffer

Trickle Down

Thatcher

Pickety

London house prices

Linky?

I call myself left wing. This is the sort of stuff I would like to see come to an end. However Labour didn't do anything about it in the 13 years they were in power. Labour are not left wing they are just F***ing useless.

The coalition have done more for the low paid working man than Labour have done.

Great prog.

Wait til you get to Kevin at the end, if on Iplayer.

He REAALLY WANTS TO BE HIM.

Hopefully a bit out of date re Prime London though eh?

Off his t1ts

There's a website......

"Enter my world"

http://www.kevingreen.co.uk/

It's like Inside Track/Bank collapse/FSA failure never happened.

Edited by R K

I call myself left wing. This is the sort of stuff I would like to see come to an end. However Labour didn't do anything about it in the 13 years they were in power. Labour are not left wing they are just F***ing useless.

The coalition have done more for the low paid working man than Labour have done.

I agree that Labour are not left wing anymore and are absolutely worse than useless, unless you are rich. However the current bunch have rigged and further institutionalised the low pay culture and made it even harder for us to break out of it.

I thought the programme was great and I do hope it wakes a few people up but I fear it may be too late. Now, where is my pitchfork?

I agree that Labour are not left wing anymore and are absolutely worse than useless, unless you are rich. However the current bunch have rigged and further institutionalised the low pay culture and made it even harder for us to break out of it.

I thought the programme was great and I do hope it wakes a few people up but I fear it may be too late. Now, where is my pitchfork?

It would be good if some of our leaders would come on air and comment on the program. But our leaders are paid by and work for the rich. There is nobody you can vote for that is looking after the 99%

'Property training'?

What is that exactly?

You give him your cash.

Then you go bankrupt.

You can see how the communists came to power.

People's enthusiasm to do their fellow man over needs curbing from time to time.

Wolf of Swansea (or wherever the tw@t's from)

No idea what he charges, but he claims there were a 1,000 "delegates" at that (or another) sales pitch. That's how you get rich from "property"

Surprised Boris Johnson doesn't come on stage after him flogging off-plan London investment properties to the suckers.

Edited by R K

You can see how the communists came to power.

People's enthusiasm to do their fellow man over needs curbing from time to time.

Battlefield BTL Fleeced Vietnam

I love the smell of greased palm in the morning !

Battlefield_Vietnam_Coverart.png

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

The more they have the more they have to lose in the coming crash whereas those of us with very little and sitting on the sidelines won't be so upset when the values of all asset classes sink like stones. We'll see how smug they are then! It's a question of when not if.

A must see programme......anyone who has lived in London the last 40 to 50 years has seen the radical changes at first hand.....rapidly becoming a city for rent, only the rentiers profit from the those that are unable to build wealth for themselves so a wealth transfer to the already extraordinary over the top excessively wealthy....who then go on to possibly create work that pays subsistence level wages, just enough to pay the them the rent.

Will have to wait and see...carries on much longer the gap between the growing wealth inequality will only grow wider.....and secular stagnation the end game.

Edited by winkie

A must see programme......anyone who has lived in London the last 40 to 50 years has seen the radical changes at first hand.....rapidly becoming a city for rent, only the rentiers profit from the those that are unable to build wealth for themselves so a wealth transfer to the already extraordinary over the top excessively wealthy....who then go on to possibly create work that pays subsistence level wages, just enough to pay the them the rent.

Will have to wait and see...carries on much longer the gap between the growing wealth inequality will only grow wider.....and secular stagnation the end game.

We already know that market is teetering on the edge via the London thread. I've seen it argued that London prices would never crash due to the lack of overbuilding and demand extending to infinity. Well they seem to be building lots of expensive flats that nobody wants to live in right now.

We already know that market is teetering on the edge via the London thread. I've seen it argued that London prices would never crash due to the lack of overbuilding and demand extending to infinity. Well they seem to be building lots of expensive flats that nobody wants to live in right now.

....because the working people of London can't afford to buy them nor rent them....they are built and are there to park overseas excess cash with profitable tax advantages tied in, safe deposit boxes.....we have a established and secure property law a safe and open country with a relatively cheap safe pound up to now....these homes are not being built for the average UK worker salary earner on £28k that pays tax and insurance on that small sum and vat on almost everything that is bought with it as well as council tax, rent and interest.

Tax on wealth is almost non existent that is why the rich can grow richer so much easier than a worker whose income is eaten up almost entirely by taxes and rents after they have eaten.

I saw this program. It highlighted that there are lots of rich people residing in the UK, many of them are non-doms. There are also very rich people who have made their money in the UK. However, many of the assertions made by the program are in my opinion wrong. For example, it stated that the average person in Britain is poorer now than in the 1970s, as the gap between the very richest and the rest of use has got bigger. Whilst the gap has got much bigger, the average person in the UK has got better off since the 1970s. The only reason this is masked is because houses have got so much more expensive. However I don't think the huge increase in house prices is the fault of the rich. House prices have been inflated by government policies of lax lending, low interest rates, allowing lots of immigration and limiting supply of new housing. The rich have only started buying up property because it has become seen as an investment. The rich could go and buy property in many other countries, but the UK is top of their list as the UK is obsessed with ever increasing house prices, and the government actively encourages it.

Property investment has also been encouraged by governments around the world devaluing currencies and slashing interest rates. If interest rates were higher, many investors would not bother with property.