House Price Crash Forum

House Prices: Affordability Ceiling And 'deluded' Sellers Stall The Property Market

HOLA441
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Absolutely loved this in the comments underneath:

"Anthony Papagallo an hour ago

• the family home I inherited when my father died, a three bed detached cottage in Paddington with off street parking ( a small driveway really) and a garden (relatively rare in paddington) was valued before christmas at just over two million. Now dont get me wrong, Im not complaining but my father was an Electrician and and my mother, a cleaner for London Transport, bought that place in 1971 and paid barely three thousand pounds for it, I remember they worked hard to keep that roof over our heads through the late 70's when work was thin on the ground.

Im selling the place and splitting the money with my siblings, the people who have looked at it so far have turned up in chauffeur driven cars and had Personal Assistants with them making notes, It made me think wistfully of my working class parents struggling to pay the mortgage on their meagre wages decades ago, times change I guess, you won't find many ordinary working people in this neighbourhood anymore."

Shocking.

This is what happens when you remove the last link to gold from the financial system; as Nixon did in the Summer of 1971, when he closed the gold window.

The unrestrained creation of money has lead to this: a once £3000 house now priced at £2,000,000.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I am probably going to make some spiteful offers.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32789106.html

How much would you offer for this? (for £450k you would think the bathroom would be upstairs!)

Would 150k be spiteful? Frankly I think that's generous. I'm quite aghast at bidding 6 figures sterling for a 3 bed end terrace anywhere in the uk.

HOLA447

The houses I am looking at are 150k however I am going to wait until it really bites and if I throw out some 90- 100k offers I will eventually hit a desperate seller.

For example the house at the end of my street has already seen a drop of 10k in the last six months and absolutley zero interest however the person who owns it is seriously ill maybe terminal. I could be ******ing brutal and beat him down, he is as desperate as it gets. I dont want to live there and It does sound a little inhumane to behave like this but these are the moral decisions we will have to make in this crash. With a large deposit and pre approved mortgage and good income you will be able to smash folk to bits.

I for one see everyone as adults and put the reponsibility upon them, I will not bail someone out,Everyone was happy to play big boy capitalism when it suited them, now its going tits and may NEVER recover so we are getting all sorts of anger, denial, delusion and so on.

I will not put myself into a life of debt servitude for someone else mistakes. I paid my dues and served my rental time. I waited with patience, suffered inumerable taunts and was patronised by people with the IQ of a cat.

My only issue is in these coming times is how far I will push it and while not a bad man I have few limits I may stil get an EA to get on all fours and bark like a dog!

HOLA448

The EA only finds these offers spiteful because they hurt him.

Well identified.

I would like to know how to engage EAs on a commission basis to FIND me a house. I have a one-page specification (anything not ticking the boxes does not warrant even wasting my time asking if I might accept.) Find me the house I want and I'd happily pay an EA a commission. As a first draft of the idea, I think these fees might be appropriate...

Price, Commission, Success Pays

250000 1.00% £2,500.00

225000 1.78% £4,000.00

200000 3.16% £6,320.99

175000 5.62% £9,832.65

150000 9.99% £14,983.08

125000 17.76% £22,197.16

100000 31.57% £31,569.29

75000 56.12% £42,092.39

50000 99.77% £49,887.28

25000 177.38% £44,344.25

What staggers me is that these 'property genius' EAs have never thought to ask what I'd be willing to pay for their services as a buyer. I bet none of the vendors would pay over 100% commission - however good the deal they secure for their client!

Edited by A.steve

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Well identified.

I would like to know how to engage EAs on a commission basis to FIND me a house. I have a one-page specification (anything not ticking the boxes does not warrant even wasting my time asking if I might accept.) Find me the house I want and I'd happily pay an EA a commission. As a first draft of the idea, I think these fees might be appropriate...

Price, Commission, Success Pays

250000 1.00% £2,500.00

225000 1.78% £4,000.00

200000 3.16% £6,320.99

175000 5.62% £9,832.65

150000 9.99% £14,983.08

125000 17.76% £22,197.16

100000 31.57% £31,569.29

75000 56.12% £42,092.39

50000 99.77% £49,887.28

25000 177.38% £44,344.25

What staggers me is that these 'property genius' EAs have never thought to ask what I'd be willing to pay for their services as a buyer. I bet none of the vendors would pay over 100% commission - however good the deal they secure for their client!

That's a really interesting thought. Another couple of months of no sales and one or two might be interested in taking that little job on quietly. Do keep us updated!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I just made an offer at 12.5% under asking price for a property that has been on the market 1.5 years. My offer was rejected. I wouldn't mind but the vendors are apparently desperate to sell and move on. :huh:

They probably need a certain amount of equity to buy the house they want because their vendor will not move on price either. So you have to stump up the big money that keeps everybody in the chain happy.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

They probably need a certain amount of equity to buy the house they want because their vendor will not move on price either. So you have to stump up the big money that keeps everybody in the chain happy.

They own the house outright. They'll be making about 50k on what they purchased it for after owning for 11 years.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Can you imagine any other industry or product where it was selling a life essential but instead of working to bring the price down through competition the industry complained and demanded everyone's wages were put up so they could buy it?

If I dunno what "TOP" is surely that's a sign we are in it.

Shits and giggles!

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Can you imagine any other industry or product where it was selling a life essential but instead of working to bring the price down through competition the industry complained and demanded everyone's wages were put up so they could buy it?

Yeah, the car industry.

Same type of salesmen who need to push up prices to get a pittance of a commission.

The car industry used to call britain "treasure island" because they made so much money out of the british sheeple.

I bet the banker/SPiv and E.A. industries say much the same thing.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4424

I just made an offer at 12.5% under asking price for a property that has been on the market 1.5 years. My offer was rejected. I wouldn't mind but the vendors are apparently desperate to sell and move on. :huh:

You eould pay 87% of a massively bloated price. Uh huh.

HOLA4425

The houses I am looking at are 150k however I am going to wait until it really bites and if I throw out some 90- 100k offers I will eventually hit a desperate seller.

For example the house at the end of my street has already seen a drop of 10k in the last six months and absolutley zero interest however the person who owns it is seriously ill maybe terminal. I could be ******ing brutal and beat him down, he is as desperate as it gets. I dont want to live there and It does sound a little inhumane to behave like this but these are the moral decisions we will have to make in this crash. With a large deposit and pre approved mortgage and good income you will be able to smash folk to bits.

I for one see everyone as adults and put the reponsibility upon them, I will not bail someone out,Everyone was happy to play big boy capitalism when it suited them, now its going tits and may NEVER recover so we are getting all sorts of anger, denial, delusion and so on.

I will not put myself into a life of debt servitude for someone else mistakes. I paid my dues and served my rental time. I waited with patience, suffered inumerable taunts and was patronised by people with the IQ of a cat.

My only issue is in these coming times is how far I will push it and while not a bad man I have few limits I may stil get an EA to get on all fours and bark like a dog!

Haven't we all!